Vogue Paris June/July 2018 : Edie Campbell by Mikael Jansson

well, I am shook because both covers look great! Everything works. Finally something that would pop out of the newstand.

June/july is always a hit for VP but this time, it's even better.
2018 has the potential to be Alt's strongest year in terms of covers. Apart from the boring March cover, all of them has been quite beautiful.
Stunning!

I hope that the eds will be as good.
The return of Jansson as the main photographer is the best thing ever!

The first cover looks like the B-side to the Gisele June/July 2017 cover— which happens to be one of the strongest covers of any Vogue.

But it’s the second cover that shines, soars and conjures up the heat, edge, and sensuality of pure high fashion dreammaking and worldbuilding for a luxurious long hot summer. (Just contrast the cheapness, the budget tone of Anna’s Vogue of the same month, and it’s no contest which Vogue is all about high fashion bliss.)

Emmanuelle's Vogue reigns.

It's funny how my favorite cover of Alt's is the the June/July one every year.

Count me in as well :flower:

Gotta say was a little sceptical when I saw Edie in title, but everything works here for me.
Excited to see the ed.

The second cover is fabulous, I love it even more! It reminds me of something we could see on the cover challenge and I mean in the best way, as it is creative and bold. Great job to all the team!

I used to find Edie absolutely insufferable, but she's really changed my mind the last year or so. These are the perfect June/July covers and THIS is the kind of thing I think of when I imagine Mikael Jansson for VP. So bright and summery. Hope the contents are as good!

+ a million times better executed than those Gisele covers by Testino from last year

Two great covers. The second one is transcendent.

Really cool covers. They cought the moment they went for.

Not overly mad on either of them...there's something off-putting about the composition of the first cover. Don't like the way's she's angled/tilting her head to the side. Second one is better but the cocktail umbrella is such a silly effect; not well thought out. I do love MJ though and look forward to seeing the edit.

Sorry, I feel like all of Alt's covers have been done before, in a million different ways.

Something I have not fully allowed myself to admit until this moment is how much I miss Carine. Not that I'd want her back. But I'd want her over Alt any day.

Sorry, I feel like all of Alt's covers have been done before, in a million different ways.

Something I have not fully allowed myself to admit until this moment is how much I miss Carine. Not that I'd want her back. But I'd want her over Alt any day.

I'm fine with these, but I agree with every word you're saying! On point, as always! :heart:
It's certainly not original. These blue covers are as predictable for her June/July issues as florals are for spring. Let's call a spade a spade here. And they're not necessarily 'high fashion' either, it's just images which make you anticipate beach living (something which I love!.) You want to see previous versions of these shots, dive into Elle France and Elle Spain's summer cover archives.

The flipped 2nd cover is the single most beautiful picture i have ever seen.

The sunglasses are horrid. But both covers look fantastic! Can't wait to find out which one I'll get with my subscription.

BEYOND BEAUTIFUL! This is amazing! I really love the June/July covers of VP. I want both.

Its an overused concept, but I’d take it.

I have to agree, 2018 (except March) is turning out to be one of the strongest year of VP in terms of cover.

Inez & Vinoodh and Mikael Jansson really WORKS for this magazine and Alt’s aesthetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit that the first cover is quite good, I thought it was Elise at the beginning. Silly me.

The second one tho... Such a mess, but picture itself it's pretty.

Anyways, it feels like I've seen this a million times. VP is like a time capsule... Everything they do feels so done and anachronic. Like 2008. When you are flipping through a fashion mag you are supposed to see the "now" reflected in it, at least a little bit... But l'air du temps is something Alt definitely doesn't have.

For many magazines, June-July is the moment for filler content. For Vogue Paris, it's when they get to excel at selling that carefree rich girl lifestyle of lounging around with nowhere better to be than right here, in this perfect moment.

The art direction is very reminiscent of the French magazine Photo's covers of the 70's. Simple and sexy.

The sport sunnies did make her a lot less recognizable(not complaining:smile:), she even looked a bit like Anja Rubik on the 2nd cover.
The fact its Edie again on the cover still kinda bothers me tho.

Looking forward to Jansson becoming a regular for VP covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->