What Are You Planning To Buy For Winter?

i will be looking for this dress when i am in paris this fall...
vanessa bruno...

Last edited by a moderator:
and this grey one...

Attachments

• vbgreydress.jpg
    vbgreydress.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 42
Originally posted by oceanharlot@Aug 1 2004, 05:43 PM
they had vanessa bruno at laredoute.com last fall... funny.
[snapback]320157[/snapback]​

not so funny ...i bought some of it...they had it the season before too...but it wasn't available in the states...i had it shipped to my friend in london who shipped it to me...

:lol:

it is available in the states...but in bits and pieces here and there...
barneys, bergdorf, steven alan...and select bloomingdale's stores...but in small quantities...
net -a- porter.com also carries some pieces...she doesn't have a store here...

Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 30 2004, 02:01 PM
helena...you have to try and open that link!!!...it's too good to be missed...

as for the new vanessa b...there are at least two dresses that i must own...can't wait to visit the paris boutique...really looking forward to it...there is also a bag i really like...but it's very similar to the one i already have...is that bad?...maybe that's just my 'signature'?...
[snapback]318560[/snapback]​

I like the two dresses Softgrey - first one is so nice. when are you going to be in paris? I am going on 20 Aug - last time i was there (march) a lot of her best stuff was already sold out. If I am there before you I can have a look & see if they have them & let you know on my return (3 sept)....which bag do you like? I am pretty convinced that if they have the black leather sequinned one I'll get it. I really love them & the good thing is that hardly anoyne here has them - it must be that same with you. Thats always my dillema with 'it' bags - even tho' they cost a fortune, everyone has one because its an 'it' bag. ultimately I think thats why I am not commited enough to buy a balenciaga bag (even tho' i still think they look great).

btw softgrey - there is a gorgeous pair of dries sandals on ebay at the moment - not my size but thought you might like them.

I was able to open the link to Limifeu but I don't have flash 7 - as its a work computer I don't want to download it. Runner - that pink cardigan is sooooo nice!

Thanks for your updates from Japan :flower: - its much appreciated! I may call on you to update us again, if you don't mind....its good to know whats happening over there. :heart:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 1 2004, 01:09 PM
how long has the company been around?...i tried to read the info on the site but it's all in japanese.....is it sold anywhere in paris or london...?
[snapback]320030[/snapback]​

she entered Y's in1996 and worked as a patternmaker before presenting her line "Y's bis LIMI " for A/W 00.
the name was changed to LIMI feu from A/W 02.

they said it's not sold in those cities nor in NYC at this moment. but they were pleasant and extremely kind. I can buy it for you.

BTW, did you check the accessories? very nice.
door (left)→LIMI feu DAIKANYAMA >>→blue star→Silver→>>Photo

Limi Yamamoto

Attachments

• limi.jpg
    limi.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 20
is that Limi - she's very pretty....

i wish i could see some of the pics.

wait a moment helena.

I went to UA which carries C diem, Label Under Construction, Menichetti, Junya, homme plus,
hLam, Haute, Margiela, Casey Vidalenc, Paul Harnden, Marni, Dior Homme, Number (N)ine, Michael Tapia, Spencer Hart, Jil Sander, V&R, Balenciaga, Rick Owens, Sebastian Pons...

so from the look books, Menichetti's boots & bags seemed good. (nothing is in yet)
of all, I like Label Under Construction wool jkt best.
must-have for this winter.

It changes every day. But I actually bought this nice pair of Marc Jacobs flats on eBay last night so I guess no more shoes for a while. Though I am planning on investing in either a Gucci bag og a Vuitton bag. I guess it's going to be a Gucci bag. I like the one that Daria carries in the new Gucci ads but the black is also :heart:. But tomorrow I will be going on sale and buy a Prada dress that my friend spotted today. It retailed for $1,800 and now it's down to $400 so if it fits, I won't hesitate buying it.

So I saw the F/W collection by Les Hommes in person. OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I haven't seen such beautiful clothing in ages. It's like the flashback of the best of the best of the Belgian design when they rocked the world. Gorgeous thick wool knit sweaters, incredible detailing everywhere, top notch quality, sharp tailoring, understated, yet complex. It totally blew my mind. I'm starting to save my pennies, because with the terrible $ vs. Euro exchange rate the prices really went through the roof this season. I hope I get one peice this season.

Originally posted by faust@Aug 2 2004, 01:22 PM
So I saw the F/W collection by Les Hommes in person. OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I haven't seen such beautiful clothing in ages. It's like the flashback of the best of the best of the Belgian design when they rocked the world. Gorgeous thick wool knit sweaters, incredible detailing everywhere, top notch quality, sharp tailoring, understated, yet complex. It totally blew my mind. I'm starting to save my pennies, because with the terrible $ vs. Euro exchange rate the prices really went through the roof this season. I hope I get one peice this season.
[snapback]320563[/snapback]​

I have to stop by this week and see this! I love L.H.!!!!!
HAVE TO SEE

Originally posted by Pete@Aug 2 2004, 08:17 PM
I have to stop by this week and see this! I love L.H.!!!!!
HAVE TO SEE
[snapback]320773[/snapback]​

Leave your credit cards at home.

so I just remembered Slab by Rick Owens...certainly get some pieces.

LIMI A/W 04
mina perhonen (right, pinbadges)

Attachments

• lim1.jpg
    lim1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 16
  • lim2.jpg
    lim2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 12
  • lim3.jpg
    lim3.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 11
  • lim4.jpg
    lim4.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 15
  • lim6.jpg
    lim6.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 12
  • mip.jpg
    mip.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 15
Originally posted by runner@Aug 3 2004, 09:34 AM
so I just remembered Slab by Rick Owens...certainly get some pieces.
[snapback]320997[/snapback]​

Oh, yea, I totally forgot about that. That will be probably something to check out. Although his cut is pretty unforgiving...

Originally posted by runner@Aug 2 2004, 10:51 AM
she entered Y's in1996 and worked as a patternmaker before presenting her line "Y's bis LIMI " for A/W 00.
the name was changed to LIMI feu from A/W 02.

they said it's not sold in those cities nor in NYC at this moment. but they were pleasant and extremely kind. I can buy it for you.

BTW, did you check the accessories? very nice.
door (left)?LIMI feu DAIKANYAMA >>?blue star?Silver?>>Photo

Limi Yamamoto
[snapback]320438[/snapback]​

thanks for all the info...i never would have found those accessories myself...they are BEAUTIFUL...i love the leaves....i have a couple of little leaf necklaces myself...the leaf cuff which is sold out is :woot: :heart: ...

thx for the offer to purchase for me...but i hesitate to buy anything without trying it on...i rarely buy anything online because of this... but i may change my mind...i'll let you know... :flower:

runner....looks #22**, 23,25 and 28,29**...can you post any of these from limi ?...my computer won't/can't capture the images...

thanks in advance...

Typed a long reply earlier today but the link failed....sh*t . wish I had time to do a fuller reply now....but rushed off my feet today. Runner - all these pics look so good - I am loving the Toga - swoon swoon. Thanks sooo much for telling us all about these names/labels. I really hope they can start selling them in london/paris as I'd love to see then in real life!

Alos - yes love all the stuff at Browns - always one of my first ports of call when I am in London. The buyers have superb taste in my opinion.

Anyway - must go - would just love to stay & chat a little while tho'.

Originally posted by helena@Aug 2 2004, 07:54 AM
I like the two dresses Softgrey - first one is so nice. when are you going to be in paris? I am going on 20 Aug - last time i was there (march) a lot of her best stuff was already sold out. If I am there before you I can have a look & see if they have them & let you know on my return (3 sept)....which bag do you like? I am pretty convinced that if they have the black leather sequinned one I'll get it. I really love them & the good thing is that hardly anoyne here has them - it must be that same with you. Thats always my dillema with 'it' bags - even tho' they cost a fortune, everyone has one because its an 'it' bag. ultimately I think thats why I am not commited enough to buy a balenciaga bag (even tho' i still think they look great).

btw softgrey - there is a gorgeous pair of dries sandals on ebay at the moment - not my size but thought you might like them.

[snapback]320388[/snapback]​

helena...i won't be in europe until mid sept or oct...i haven't decided on dates yet...if you could check out those two dresses...i'd love to get an idea of pricing and fabric...esp the first one...also if it comes in any other colours...

thanks... this is the bag i like...but in black...i agree about the 'it' bag phenomenon...same reason i won't buy a balenciaga bag...i prefer indivduality...

ps-i can't find the dries sandals...

:(

Attachments

• vb_bag.jpg
    vb_bag.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja