What is the Significance of Walking Prada?

Amanda Laine is the only other from Women that I can think of.

Others:

Cato (IMG), Kamila (IMG), Anabela (IMG), Irina (IMG), Lara (IMG), Anna (IMG), Angela (IMG), Anouck (IMG), Stam (IMG), Guinevieve (IMG), Marina (IMG), Freja (IMG), Heidi (IMG), Catherine (Why Not), Ali (Why Not), Elise (Why Not), Eden Clark (D'Management), Sara (?).

So IMG actually had 13 too.

Actually no, I forgot to include Alana K.... So IMG had 14, Women had 13.

Wow, thanks Bianca, well if there were no bribes there's definately some kind of dominance/monopoly conspiracy, we all know IMG girls usually get the Prada campaign (Lily, Gemma, Daria, Irina, Anabella and Sasha) so is that why girls like Siri and Meghan who were rumoured to get the campaigns didn't? Anna Selezneva is a gorgeous girl, I thought she'd definately be at Prada this season and I think she would have looked great in the line up, but she doesn't have a strong New York agency, then again neither did Adina F, but then she was with IMG Paris.

Last edited by a moderator:
if it's not a bribe, which i have a feeling it might be, it could just be that img and women have the best models.

i think it has more to do with img and women scouting to the prada aesthetic, and sending their girls to russell before anyone else sees them. he doesn't tend to like booking models who have done the casting rounds.

because no one knows that much about him there is always this kind of malicious speculation. also he drives a lot of other casting directors nuts because he tends to option a lot of models each season, most of which don't make it to the show. but up until they are dropped (at the 11th hour), they are off limits.

What is this problem between Catherine McNeil and Steven Meisel? I've never heard of it before, Can someone please elaborate??:blink:

She's Testino's girl and for Meisel that makes her sloppy seconds.

Rumour has it she's Freja's lover which doesn't help her :ninja:

She's Testino's girl and for Meisel that makes her sloppy seconds.

Rumour has it she's Freja's lover which doesn't help her :ninja:

:rofl:

I wonder what will be the significance for all those girls who were tripping/falling at this season show...

:rofl:

I wonder what will be the significance for all those girls who were tripping/falling at this season show...

Well, if you think, some models that fell on the runway got the campaign! :wink:

IMO, walking for Prada is vere significant. Just see Daria, it was walking for Prada that she started her amazing career.

Yes, but what happen with Marina Perez? she has walked for Prada since she walked at her first season (spring/summer 2005) except fall/winter 07, and she hasn't any good campaign nor cover since 2006. Reasons? ok, Meisel doesn't like her, but in any case she deserves more work, especially more work with Prada, Balenciaga and Givenchy.

^
I agree, she has done Prada alot of times so its no campaign. Maybe she's just a favorite of Russell and Muccia. The most surprising to me was Natasha Poly, she just never fit Prada for me and still doesn't she's more of a Gucci girl. I dont pay much attention at her from Prada because of the clothes but when she's at Gucci she just owns the show, it still was a surprise the first time I saw her on the Prada runway.

It's that time again and it gets you thinking. How significant is walking Prada? It might sound stupid or obvious, but I think it fully depends on how significant the potential of the girl is.

So I looked back at the first post of this thread. The whole hype around Prada and its models started in 2004 after Gemma. She was an explosive success of Prada's keen search for 'the new look' and she really shook up the fashion world with her different appearance. All eyes turned on Prada. From that point it seems to have become a hype machine for young new faces, taking up to 15 per season.

It's interesting to see which girls Miuccia has been faithful to over the past years and seasons. Sometimes I wonder, who are the current Pradettes like you had Elise, Dondoe, Anouck, Hannelore, Daria etc. The difference is probably that most of the current regulars haven't done the campaign due to Sasha's exclusivity, and then some of them have mannequin type of careers, they just do runway. They are far less exposed, less exciting. It's the print careers that fascinate us, the editorials, covers and campaigns. The careers of true stars like Daria, Gemma, Freja and Sasha who were scooped up by Prada to make their debut. Adina Forizs? She could've shot the campaign, I don't think it would've made her more of a star. She's not a natural born model. It fully depends on the girl if Prada is significant. :magic:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->