What Magazines Have You Bought/Received Recently?

The Face that just came out is in a special carton because it's holding the face magazine and then a supplement of all the sexy pictures theyve done over the years. The cover of the outisde box is an almost naked pic of Gisele from awhile ago and the cover of the actual magazine is andre 3000 and kalis....

This Is The Last Issue.. EVER!!! Theyre closing the face, its just not making that much money anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been around for so long!!!!

Originally posted by model_mom@May 1st, 2004 - 8:44 am
LibertyRose, Thanks for all your reviews. You make it so much easier to know what's out there. I hope you keep posting them,I used to go to another forum to see all the details now I can just stay here at tFS. :flower:
Thank you! My eventual goal is to build up a web archive for all past issues of Vogue and Bazaar and W and whatnot.

And it looks like Daria got May's cover for Vogue Italia. Very similar to her August cover last year, but more tanned (just like she is in the current US Vogue editorial, "City of Angels").

And AlmostFamous, I thought the Kate Moss/Mario Sorrenti editorial in Uma's W is fairly excellent!

I used to subscribe to Allure, US Vogue, TeenVogue and Lucky. Now I just subscribe to Lucky & W as my ultimate reads, however, I'd pick US Vogue & InStyle once in a while. I used to build Vogue library when I was a teen...got rid of them when I went to college. :(

I bought Teen Vogue...mostly for the Mandy Moore editorial and found one on Cintia Dicker too...they are both so cute in different ways.

I bought the new US Vogue Only for Lily Cole, I hope she does more work for magazines in the States now.

I think I have a scanner as of tomorrow so maybe I can upload the other lovely pics of Lily, actually the whole City of Angels editorial was lovely, Karen Elson looked rather fetching in a 'man-eater/sex-pot' kind of way...if that made any sense.

Is the new Italian Vogue out yet in the States?

~Amara ^_^

Gwyneth Paltrow wins June's W cover.
Brad Pitt wins June's Vanity Fair cover.

A Thumb-up to May's UK Vogue:

scarlett1804.jpg

Cover: Scarlett Johansson in Dolce & Gabbana, photographed by Corinne Day

Notable ads: Kate Moss for Stella McCartney sunglasses

Editorials:

White Wash: a 12-pg studio shoot by Patrick Demarchelier featuring Hana and Julia Stegner modelling garments in white. Lovely. Favorite pic: Julia wearing a white Balenciaga suit.
On the Horizon: a 14-pg outdoor shoot by Norbert Schoerner featuring Missy Rayder. Lovely lovely (and I don't even like Missy). Favorite pic: Many, but I would say the opening page is the most stunning. A great incorporation of elements such as girliness, mystery, and moodiess--much like the unfolding of a girl's diary.
Let's Dance: another 14-pg studio shoot by Corinne Day featuring Elise Crombez. Elise is a lovely, lovely, lovely actress & dancer in this.
This Year's Blonde: story on cover girl Scarlett Johansson, photography by Corinne Day. Excellent styling job. Sparkling gowns by Alexander Mcqueen and Lanvin.
The Big Freeze: 4 pages of Louise Pederson photographed by Jesse Shadoan.

It's May and UK Vogue's take on this season's trends is still very fresh. Love it!

teenvogue0604mischabarton.jpg

Mischa Barton gets the new Teen Vogue cover. So far she's been on the cover of Lucky, Elle, Cosmopolitan, Seventeen, and now Teen Vogue.

Katie Holmes gets the June cover of American glamour.

Vogue Australia June came in the mail yesterday. Personally I think this magazine is possibly one of the worst Vogue's published (75% of the content is reprinted). but it;s a free subsctiption

purchased Allure May the other day too

June Magazines...

US Vogue: Kate Hudson - haven't seen the cover yet

W: Gwyneth Paltrow - love her, but that's not the best picture of her

US Elle: Scarlett Johansson - haven't seen the cover yet, but I hope Elle takes some chances b/c Scarlett is not in the same league with, say, Kate Busworth or Mischa Barton.

Premiere: Keira Knightley - it takes impossible talent to de-glamourize such a beautiful woman, but they actually did it! Awful.

Movieline's Hollywood Life: Movieline was always second-tier to Entertainment Weekly and Premiere in terms of coverage of the entertainment industry, and after the redesign it looks like a cross between InStyle and Us Weekly. Talk about change for the worse. Alicia Silverstone on the cover.

US Glamour: Katie Holmes - looks tan and sweet. One of the editorials features cocktail dresses from high-end designers, which has become a seasonal routine for Glamour. Fashion-wise, it outdid US Cosmo this month. I haven't had the time to go through the articles yet, but reading Glamour has always been a guilty pleasure--the Glamour girls are Cosmo girls with a healthier attitude. Actually when I watched 13 Going on 30 (due to good word-of-mouth), I kept thinking that Glamour was very similar to the magazine in the movie.

US Cosmopolitan: Gwen Stefani - a disaster through and through. The clothes featured are fairly boring. Gwen Stafani's third cover in the past two months following US Vogue and Lucky.

Lucky: Christina Applegate - the cover just gets lamer and lamer but the content is actually fairly good. The styling is spot-on and very timely, one of the better--if not the best--issues of the year. Nice selection of colorful strappy heels (just what I need this summer), and there is a special on jewelry (layered necklaces, yay). The editorials showcase practical and beautiful clothes worn in refreshing ways, and you see really interesting makeovers. Marie Claire just seems so redundant and dull now that Lucky has completely replaced it.

I bought May's UK Cosmo for the 'great weekend escapes' editorial. But other than that I don't really recommend it. I prefer UK Elle to US Cosmo these days.

On a different note,

Liisa Winkler and Eugenia Volodina showed up in J. Crew's latest catalog.

Michelle Alves, Jessica Miller, and Alek Wek are in the new Gap.

Banana Republic also unleashed its summer campaign featuring Liberty Ross (I swear my name does NOT pay homage to her) and An Oost.

vogue_2004%20_05_maggio_00.jpg
vogue_2004%20_05_maggio_01.jpg

Yup, that's Daria for May's Vogue Italia -- The Face of Today.

Personally, I think she looks tired and the gaze is dull. The cover is very similar to her Vogue Italia cover last August, except here she is sporting the unrealistic tan she got for US Vogue's "City of Angels."

My favorite Daria editorials:

Aug 2003, W, "Seduction" with Elise Crombez and Tiiu Kiuk, photographed by Craig McDean.

Dec 2003, W, "Relax" by David Sims.

Numero #44, "Canicule" by Greg Kadel.

Feb 2004, US Vogue, "Anti-Stiletto" by David Sims.

Feb 2004, Paris Vogue editorial

Feb 2004, UK Vogue editorial

April 2004, US Vogue, "Ladies Club" with Isabeli Fontana by Mario Testino.

And that's it.

Sarah Michelle Geller gets June's UK Elle cover.
Kelly Ripa gets June's US Allure cover.

Allure needs to pick somebody who is more current. First, Debra Messing for a March cover, than the Olsen Twins, and now Kelly Ripa. :ninja:

And one more picture of Gwyneth's June W editorial is in. Looks like Michael Thompson's work. His best recent work is the W cover in Feb 2004 with Cameron Diaz.

main_pict.jpg

There aren't that many major actresses on the promotion round this summer, so I expect to see plenty of repeated choices for covers:

1. Kristen Dunst for Spiderman 2
2. Halle Berry for Catwoman
3. Nicole Kidman for Stepford Wives (already got May's US Vogue)
4. Cameron Diaz for Shrek 2
5. Jennifer Lopez for Shall We Dance

And of course, Keira Knightley for King Arthur.

Kate Hudson already got June's US Vogue.

Then there is Catherine Zeta-Jones for The Terminal, Ashley Judd, Thanie Newton, Natalie Portman, and Naomi Watts, but their films are relatively low-profile.

I'm surprised that uberbabe Kate Beckinsale didn't get anything. She deserves a US Vogue cover at least.

Love Gisele Bundchen on the cover of June's UK Vogue:

11_1.JPG

Wearing Dolce & Gabbana, photographed by Carter Smith. + 12 pg editorial inside.

Chloe Sevingy also has an editorial inside.

Glad they chose Gisele for the cover in place of Chloe. :innocent:

I love that UK Vogue cover! :woot:
I finally got around to buying the Gemma issue of W mag today. (I live in Australia = sea freight)

I bought a teen Vogue and.. an US weekly. I ussually don't buy Us weekly, but its sometimes good for a laugh.

Gisele looks a bit like Michelle Alves on that UK Vogue cover.

47_1_b.JPG

That's Caroline Trentini on the new Brazil Vogue cover, if you can see past the added-on type. :rolleyes:

i much rather see chloe on the cover! I love chloe...giselle bores me right now...she's been too played out...i'm kind of sick of her

Beyonce in Roberto Cavalli for US Bazaar June 2004:
hbz.jpg

Brad Pitt's Vanity Fair cover + editorial is shot by Nick Knight. Too much Fight Club and not enough Archilles.

Sophie Dahl got June's Harper's Queen. Not a fan of that cover. She looks so air-brushed and unnaturally skinny!

i got the W with gemma cover (i know it always arrives late in Europe)
and the i-D 'drama queen issue, with this beautiful girl... Karina Taira May on the cover.
both issues were quite boring..

fave mainstream fashion mag at the moment, must be British Vogue
least fave all Elle's they are slowly turning to 'in :sick: style' :innocent:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 32
I bought yesterday

Vogue Uk
Elle UK
Dazed & Confused
i-D

also last week I bought the all 6 issues of ANOTHER MAGAZINE for £2 each, all in brand new condition from an amazing second hand book/magazine shop in Notting Hill. Its got a huge collection of art and fashion magazines going back decades.

Originally posted by Rosie@May 13th, 2004 - 4:43 am
also last week I bought the all 6 issues of ANOTHER MAGAZINE for £2 each, all in brand new condition from an amazing second hand book/magazine shop in Notting Hill. Its got a huge collection of art and fashion magazines going back decades.
So jealous of you! *wishing I was in London*
I only have issues 4-6 of Another Magazine. :(

Anyway, on topic:
Yesterday I bought The Face with Mischa Barton on the cover and Chiaki on the backcover for their Jap suppliment type-thing. On sea-freight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->