What To Wear On An Airplane

Jeans, a comfy slouchy top (usually a long sleeve knit top cos it's quite cold)and ballet flats (cos u can treck all over the airport in em whilst trying to find ur way to ur terminal n ur feet can still live) and their easy to put on n off during the flight...

i wear loose, soft carpenter jeans, and layers of thin vest, cashmere top, soft cardigan and pashmina wrap. Nice jacket and trainers or ballet flats.
I don't wear make-up but put some on before landing.

On long-haul, I sometimes change into tracksuit bottoms, take out my contacts, cleanse and brush my teeth before attempting to have a sleep. It makes a kind of 'bedtime' procedure.

for flights between here and London which I do every couple of months, it depends on what i feel like and what time of day it is. i usually get picked up from the airport so it varies from nice dress and boots to jeans.

the worst thing is going out/getting caned the night before, then packing in a hurry and looking/feeling like crap. this happens to me more often than it should . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
merged with a pre-existing thread...

Depending on how long the flight is ! The other time I went to Tokyo, I wore track pants and comfy hoodie. :P

how to look hot on an airplane?

Hey!
This March Break im going on a trip (im a senior in highschool) with a TON of people from my school and other private schools to Cabo for 2 weeks. My issue is: Im going to be going with my boyfriend and a million other people (you all know how 17 year old girls are..you HAVE to look amazing 24/7) and I want to look good. I was thinking Juicy sweats or something like that...but Id love your input...how can i look superstylish, hot for my boyfriend and stay comfortable all at the same time? Oh by the way, we're going from really cold weather to superhot.
xox:heart: thankss

im not a girl so i cant exactly speak for what is best for clothing on planes, but i get super broken-out if i dont wash my face in the airplane bathroom. and drinking lots of water is always good.

Always juicy velour bottoms and a thicker cashmere sweater- it gets so cold in the air. And hair in braids, then you don't wake up with your hair all over the place. ballet flats and pack a pair of socks to keep my feet warm!

Because I'm going on such a long flight this time (10.5hrs) I definately go for comfort but I still try and look cute too. This time because I'm travelling from a cold climate to a hot one I'm wearing black 3/4 leggins + 2 bonds singlets layered over each other (one lilac the other yellow) + gold ballet flats with a sky blue comfy v-neck jumper and an ocean green scarf. This way I'll be warm and comfy when I leave but I can still stip down to my singlets and leggins when I arrive.

hey girls,

im leaving on friday to go away my flight is 23 hours! what would you wear keep in mind im travelling in first class! i was thinking get on well dresses etc then change into my juicy couture velours for sleeping on the second half of the flight. also do you think a LV carryall is too big for carry on luggage?

^^ Wear what you're comfortable wearing. It doesn't really matter where you're sitting (unless of course there is someone with you for whom you must display a certain image).
I'd say, make it clean, simple, comfortable (and not apt to be rumpled!) for such a long flight. A fitted tee, a pair of comfy trousers and ballerina flats is what I opt for. Socks - they are your friends.

I have to fly to Phoenix in alittle over a week..I'm think I'm gonna go for comfort but somewhat put together.. jeans and flats are a given :D

I'm on my way to Detroit for my org.'s national convention. I am wearing a plain, no-name black jersey dress, Chanel beige/black ballet flats, a biscuit brown calf handbag and a Leonard Paris silk scarf tied in the Grace Kelly style on my head. I'll probably also carry a black pashmina (I am a classicist and don't give a :censored: about trends).

your advice please...

Ok, forget first class and flights to Europe. What to wear and take with you to stay sane on a 6 hour flight from NYC to California? Flying in coach, (not lucky enough or rich enough to fly first class) and at this time of the year when its scorching hot out...:huh: :unsure: :doh:

When I travel to London and to the US (9 hour flight), I wear a dress, a Chanel bag and pumps or flats.

Usually a hot pair of jeans (currently skinny is my fave), a cute top and I always carry a sweater or a jacket. Always heels. I think women should always look fabulous while walking through the airport. You'll never catch me in sweats, etc, while traveling.

I usually wear a flowy skirt or dress that doesnt wrinkle easily (its also more comfortable than most of my pants or a more fitted skirt obviously.) Most of the time, I try and layer because of unpredictable plane temperature. I'll usually wear my most comfortable heels and carry my largest, coordinating bag with my carry-on. This way, I'll have maximum amount of room in my main suitcase. As far as makeup, I try to keep it to a bare minimal, because nothing is worse than waking up after a 9 hour flight with mascara running down your cheek.

I am no where near 'stylish' when I travel...I go for comfort all the way...I may even have a cocktail to take the "edge" off of flying...since airports are weird to me for some reason.

I usually wear som simple pants, some flats and a shirt....and bring a jacket and a blanket..because who knows what germs lurk in the blankets the airline provides. :ninja:

I'm also debating on this, as in two weeks I'm flying back to The US (to see my boyfriend) so I want to look cute and sexy but not give the people on the plane the wrong idea? So I thought about wearing stylish jeans with a sweater on the plane (since it's always so cold!) and then put a nice sleeveless top on when we're about to land (or I can just sneak out to the bathroom at the airport really quick) to change my look - same with shoes I'm thinking of nice high heels in my hand luggage to change..

but anyway, what I wear on the airplane is something comfortable! I really don't care what people are going to think of me, especially those I will never see again :smile: I think it looks funny when I see a girl all dressed up dre-doing her make up on the plane!

For me what I wear depends on the length of the flight. For transatlantic flights, I go for comfort all the way, but I do still try to look a bit pulled together, so I usually wear nice jeans that do not fit too tight, a button down blouse with some lycra in it so it doesn't get too wrinkled, a cashmere or light wool sweater (my current favourite is a longish, slim, hoodie type cashmere sweater in cream :heart: ), and a nice jacket or coat depending on the season. I also usually wear trainers (albeit clean, indoor ones :angel: ) or flats, but I always, always bring a pair of wooly socks. I don't wear all that much makeup, specially not eye makeup because between the dry air in the cabin and the lack of sleep, my eyes get really irritated and red so I think mascara, eye shadow and/or eyeliner would only make matters worse. I do carry blush, pressed power and lip gloss and I give myself a short touch up before landing.

For shorter flights, and specially during the summer, I do love to travel in a comfortable jersey dress (I have one in black, in navy blue and one in chocolate brown) and then flats and a pashmina to wrap myself in just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->