What To Wear On An Airplane

Wow, I feel so plain compared to you guys! Last flight (16 hours) I was on business and just I wore:

- dark True Religion skinny jeans (loose-ish)
- white scoop neck long sleeves (long)
- heather grey cardigan
- white flats
- black Urban Outfitters tote
- white head band
- Stanford sweatshirt

hi next month i'll be flying from spain to california and well europe now has this really annoying liquids on flights policy!! I was wondering how some of u do it to still take makeup, mostourizer... i think u are not even allowed bottled water. ( you can buy it after passing security-- but it's really expensive)

any tips of advise???

Last edited by a moderator:
I second the "always natural fibers" rule. I go for linen pants (since they're meant to be wrinkled!), a cotton tank with long sleeved cotton shirt or a cashmere sweater over it. I wore lace-up sneakers on my last flight, but I'm going to go for slip-on sneakers for my next one so I don't hold up the security line with tying and untying my shoes.

I don't understand people who fly in heels or tiny miniskirts and tank tops.

Oh, and Lifeis, the U.S. also has restrictions on liquids. You should check with your country's transportation authority (they probably have a web site) to see if they allow you to take on small amounts. In the U.S. you can take items of 3 ounces or less as long as you put them in a single one-quart clear zip-top plastic bag. That includes toiletries and makeup, but of course that pretty much rules out bringing any drinks through security.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd wear a t-shirt, possibly with something else over it as a light layer in case I feel cold, a light jacket or another shirt. Random bottom, a pair of comfortable shoes along with a watch and shades. I got some vintage-looking aqua colored luggage, and I'm going to Disneyworld in august so I'm probably going to use that.

i mostly wear flats, an a-line skirt, a top, a cashmere cardi and a silk shawl, then i can layer as i think is most comfortable. i also bring a carry-all (filled with books, magazines, lip balm, moisturizer ect.). i wear makeup.

I traveled in my sweats and hoodie. It was heaven.

You feel a lil' bit like a homeless person (or seriously underdressed person) in business, but everything was so loose, it just felt comfortable.

How can all you girls sit on a plane with skinny jeans? I'd imagine it to be hell!

I gotta add though:

My flight was from Vienna to Hong Kong via Paris. From Vienna to Paris, I wore a pair of bootcut jeans, driving shoes/loafers, button down shirt and a merino pullover. (with a cashmere scarf thrown into the mix...) I just could get myself to set foot in Paris wearing sweats.... Then, as soon as the seatbelt sign dissappeared on the way to HK, I took my Keepall, went into the restroom (as it was still clean at that point... what's so hard about aiming? :doh:) and changed into sweats, hoodie and t-shirt (yellow tee, brown hoodie and sweats). My trusty Havaianas on my feet :D

I wouldn't know how to survive 12 hours in such a confined space in different clothes.

I generally wear yoga pants, a tank top, and a light jacket incase I get cold or hot. Also, slip on shoes so I can take them on and off easily for security checkpoints and more comfort on the plane.

I flew from Asia to Germany (and back of course :D) in Economy a few times this year and I am always wearing clothes I feel very comfy in it, plus shoes you can easily take off.

Comfort is important. I wear my most comfy jeans with loose top and cardigan plus i change to warm socks as soon as possible. :wink:

When I vacationed in June with my husband I wore black knit yoga pants (Gap) with a black knit kimono tunic top (Banana Republic) and black patent thong-type sandals that had a gold chain design on top. Very comfortable, very cool & breezy, yet stylish.

I don't think in terms of comfort, I usually wear clothes that might take a lot of room in the luggage, so it usually means heels/boots and coats etc. Uncomfortable, but what the hell. This time around, I'm leaning for the comfort zone.

ill be flying next week (long-haul :doh: : europe-asia) and this is what im wearing...

the top and leggings are actually sleepwear
extrafine cotton cardigan (which practically weighs nothing)
comfy sandals

gone are the days when i wore jeans. they are just so uncomfortable.

*2nd outfit is an alternative to the cardigan.

Attachments

• IMG_6771.jpg
    IMG_6771.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6768.jpg
    IMG_6768.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6774.JPG
    IMG_6774.JPG
    353.5 KB · Views: 0
Always warm and comfy. On my last 12hr flight I wore a top, hoodie, loose jeans and loafers.

I'm wearing this tommrow:
straight-leg dark blue Tommy Hilfiger jeans
White vest from Victoria's Secret PINK
Free People woolly jacket
Zara flats

Warm and comfy. :smile:

I'm flying out to California Monday and plan on wearing something comfortable, most likely one of my stretchy cotton dresses.

i agree with sticking to a basic color or color scheme.. i like black/grey tones.
i personally might wear black jeans, a grey short sleeve top, and some sort of shoes that are easy to pull off when going through security checks and whatnot.
most planes get really chilly so i also bring a sweater or a hoodie.
on my most recent plane trip i wore:

a greyish purple sweater cardigan thingy
a simple grey top
black straight leg jeans
converse sneakers (not very practical for slipping on and off, but very comfortable)

i just flew back toronto from hong kong. 14 hours flight...
i worn my newly brought marc by marc jeans and a funky marni tank top and a pair of sky high wedge heel short boots that were comfy

i think the most important is to be comfy and warm. it's cold on the plane so instead of wearing shoes for 14 hours, i bring a pair of wool socks to wear and walk around with on the plane. i also carry a cashmere sweater in my bag as well

BAHAHA I love how this thread has turned in to "what are you wearing today? .. on an airplane" :lol:

You all look so cute. I was never concerned about looking nice.. and hate wasting an outfit I can wear on my trip getting all wrinkly in my tiny coach seat. But, in June I ended up flying with a semi-pro soccer team and wasted my chance at becoming a WAG because I looked like a scrub. (hardy, har.. just kidding?)

I generally think that it takes a small miracle for anyone to look good coming off a plane, especially really long flights. . .and really, everyone else is usually too miserable to really notice what anyone else is wearing.

I think the general key is to keep it simple, and fairly practicle. I usually wear comfortable shoes that are easy to slip off, nice socks, and general lightweight clothing that I layer just incase I get too warm or cold. For makeup I usually just wear really basic powder and maybe a hint of color on the lips. . .plus lots of moisturizer.

I don't think in terms of comfort, I usually wear clothes that might take a lot of room in the luggage, so it usually means heels/boots and coats etc. Uncomfortable, but what the hell. This time around, I'm leaning for the comfort zone.

This is exactly what I do. Which means Im usually wearing boots and a coat. It gets cold in airports and in the plane anyway. And when I get really annoyed, I just throw the coat over my head. But now that they make you take off your shoes to go through security, boots are just odd to take off (I dont like taking off my shoes in public, period).

Im just hoping that someone invents a teleporting machine one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->