When Did You Start Wearing Makeup?

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Caramel Candy, May 24, 2003.

1. viva_glam

viva_glam New Member

I started wearing nail polish when I was around 6/7 and lipgloss from around age 10. I only started wearing eye makeup when I was 13 (8th grade)

2. Reseneace

Reseneace New Member

Sorry im English so i dont understand the grade/age workings! Can someone please explain? Like how old are you in grade 9/10/11 and 12?

3. fab_fifties_fille

fab_fifties_fille crossed wires.

I started wearing nail polish when i was very little but only on occasions (parties etc) and started to experiment with makeup when i was about 11 and started wearing it all the time since i was about 13/14 got more into lipstick when i was 15/16 and now i just do what i feel...sometimes i can b bothered with lipstick sometimes i just feel like wearing gloss, i always wear foundation though, when i think back to the days when i'd adorn my face in blue eyeshadow :cry: i generally dont wear eyeshadow now, just mascara and eyeliner :)

4. Reseneace

Reseneace New Member

Aw fille, you can join me and cowboyboots when we go a support group from our make up mistakes!

5. fab_fifties_fille

*stands up* Hi, I'm amy. *group murmer 'hi amy'* and I... used to wear b...b..b...blue eyeshadow *breaks down* *clapping* 'thanks for sharing that amy, we'll get through this together; as a group, you can sit down'

your turn resenance :p

6. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

I started wearing make-up when I was 14 probably. I only put it on when I can actually be bothered these days. I still wear blue eyeshadow! Of the electric blue variety actually...

7. Elegance.Is.Refusal.

oh dear just remembered i still actually own blue eyeshadow deep royal blue though(not the baby blue variety that so many charvs wear:blink: ) might wear it again soon if i go out just to get my fix of blue eyeshadow!:lol:

#67 Elegance.Is.Refusal., Mar 14, 2005
    Last edited by moderator Softee: Mar 14, 2005
  8. sofialuv

sofialuv |/mirror queen\|

I was 14 the time i started using make up. I would allways wear a grey khol that really suited me. But i didn´t wear any blush or eye shadow, sometimes i would wear just a bit of lipstick.

That´s a sweet memory i must say...

9. Reseneace

Reseneace New Member

Yeah some blue eyeshadow can look damn foxy,but on the other hand it can remind me of my grandmother! Also depends on the person i guess, i know light blue eyeshadow looks argh scary on me!

Okay...*stands up shaking and holding a peice of paper* Hello...my names Sarah and when i was twelve my make up looked...well... like a mix between these... Why didn't any body tell me! *Runs out waving arms in the air*

10. fab_fifties_fille

oh my :rofl: :lol: *shoots blow dart with sedative into resenance in her mad attempt to leave bad make-up anonymous group*

11. tokyo_rose1013

tokyo_rose1013 New Member

I started wearing make up in junior high, I think. Whenever I started to need it. My skin is terrible, and I think I started wearing concealer out of nescessity than anything. I started investing a **** load of money on it about a year ago.

12. tiffany

tiffany Active Member

around 14 / 15 I think, but I've always used it sparingly :blush:

13. thewannabe

thewannabe New Member

A year ago. :blush: But I'm learning fast, thanks to TFS. ;)

14. frenchkisses

frenchkisses New Member

Im 14 and i only started wearing makeup like a year ago liner-mascara-gloss et-voila!

15. delicate

delicate New Member

I'm 13 and I started wearing makeup when I was...13 :lol: Tinted moisturizer, concealer, blush, eyeshadow, mascara, and sometimes a teeny bit of liner on the top lid.

16. star

star New Member

my mom wouldnt let me wear make up til i was in highschool. even then i had no idea what to do. i had my first makeover before grade 8 graduation. they used everything, and i thought i needed it all.
    i basically always wore
    -concealer
    -eyeliner
    -mascara
    -lip gloss

now i keep it simple, but with a bit of something (mostly by eyeliner)
    -tinted moisturizer/concealer powder
    -eyeliner
    -mascara
    -blush
    -lipgloss

17. allmyshoes

allmyshoes New Member

i think the first time i really started experimenting with makeup was when i was around 10-12. i dont remember exactly. outrageous colours of lipstick, too much blusher and getting confused as to what product for was my eyes and which was for my lips.. then when i was about 14/15 i started wearing a lot of eyeliner and little much else.. and now i've pretty much figured it out.. lol

x

18. covergal

covergal New Member

I starting using make up since I went to university ...that means 3 yrs ago

19. Fruchtzwerg

Fruchtzwerg New Member

I was 16 when I used a cosmetic product , my first lip gloss. With 17 I tried mascara out , and with 18 I regulary use mascara, eyeshadow base, light brown/beige eyeshow , a little kajal and that's it . But I never tried out make up, foundation, powder . I have problems to find out the right colour for my skin and my luck that i don't have a bad skin so that I don't need it :)

20. Angyl

Angyl New Member

I remember one of my friends mom buying us a playkit of make up when i was about 10. I started wearing REAL make-up when i was in high school I think. My mom hated it. hah.