Which models are the best posers?

Sasha sees the artistic value in an image. She's striking!

Gentle posers

I recently found a thread on best posers and some of those models voted were Gisele, Isabeli.

This thread isn't about the worst posers but about models or even images of models were they appear to be gently posing rather than giving off strong fierce expressions and strong poses.

I just thought it would help as some models have nice soft looks and suit this style.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently found a thread on best posers and some of those models voted were Gisele, Isabeli.

This thread isn't about the worst posers but about models or even images of models were they appear to be gently posing rather than giving off strong fierce expressions and strong poses.

I just thought it would help as some models have nice soft looks and suit this style.

Kendra Spears and Toni Garrn....

Most high fashion editorial requires a lot of effort in posing and expression.

I guess if you want to see a lot of "gently posing" then look into the catalogs. It's very relaxed and effortless kind of stuff.

Agreed on the catalogues yes but I see a lot of it in high fashion.

Anyone agree that Bambi Northwood Blyth is a gentle poser and Miranda Kerr?

Also Trish Goff?

Well, Miranda Kerr is a catalog girl. So is Candice Swanepoel. They don't really have good posing skills as much as this "gentle posing." I wouldn't really count them in..

A lot of the recent generation of models might be interpreted as "gentle posers" but it's not so much that they're relaxed and effortlessly posing as much as they're inexperienced, bad models with limited range of expression. That's why I said Kendra and Toni...they give 20% in high fashion editorials whereas the good models give 110%. Some of the shoots with Kendra and Toni call for a huge range of expression, emotion and poses (based on the story) but they shoot like it's a catalog.

Well I don't really know about Kendra (I think she's an okay model), but Toni definitely has poor modeling skills (posing, facial expressions etc).

I think Toni gives minimal expressions or gives off the same simple expression each time, she can look shocked too which is an expression used often in fashion. She performs the same way in campaigns and she has had some really good ones and she does have a high fashion portfolio too so it's not effecting her career.

I think she's different but I do like her effortless style.

I think Kendra may have more strong expressions but she also does have gentle expressions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Candice is a one face model. She only knows one look.

Best posers to me are definitely Guinevere Van Seenus, Kristen McMenamy and MariaCarla Boscono. They go from sexy to evil queen to desperate in seconds.

The ones who have huge internet following like Freja, Abbey, Frida, Toni are actually very poor posers and expressers.

Abbey always uses the same face/expression and it only appears that she's switching it up because she changes her angles a lot. She is a good poser though.

Frida is pretty but she doesn't evoke any type of emotion, expression to convey a strong story. She's just pretty. Her hype is really just based on her prettiness than her modeling skills.

Freja is kind of an "anti-model"...that's her schtick. No graceful posing...always the same Freja.

None of the girls I mentioned above are able to transform like some of the internet's most controversial models, who are actually really good models (Karlie, Coco, Lindsey W, Anja). When I see an editorial with Frida, Toni etc, I don't see that they transform into a character as much as it's "Oh it's Frida/Freja/Toni styled as _____ kind of woman." With Karlie, Coco, Lindsey, Anja etc, all of their pictures are different and they look different in separate editorials and you might not recognize them at first. They adapt and transform with their posing, emotions, expressions and general looks.

The ones who have huge internet following like Freja, Abbey, Frida, Toni are actually very poor posers and expressers.

Abbey always uses the same face/expression and it only appears that she's switching it up because she changes her angles a lot. She is a good poser though.

Frida is pretty but she doesn't evoke any type of emotion, expression to convey a strong story. She's just pretty. Her hype is really just based on her prettiness than her modeling skills.

Freja is kind of an "anti-model"...that's her schtick. No graceful posing...always the same Freja.

None of the girls I mentioned above are able to transform like some of the internet's most controversial models, who are actually really good models (Karlie, Coco, Lindsey W, Anja). When I see an editorial with Frida, Toni etc, I don't see that they transform into a character as much as it's "Oh it's Frida/Freja/Toni styled as _____ kind of woman." With Karlie, Coco, Lindsey, Anja etc, all of their pictures are different and they look different in separate editorials and you might not recognize them at first. They adapt and transform with their posing, emotions, expressions and general looks.

I didn't notice this sort of good posing vs bad posing until recently on this thread.

I can see through looking at these model's work that their expressions tend the be the same, some times they pose with a shocked face or some times give a fierce look with their eyes. I think it is interesting people on here notice this sort of thing. Not a lot of people would be able to tell the difference. I think it depends on if you have model experience or know models and look at fashion.

I can see that it doesn't stop models too much but perhaps it's always good for models to learn and to make improvements.

What about Bambi Northwood Blyth, Zippora Seven, Miranda Kerr would you place these three in the same category as Freja, Frida, Toni, etc. They are some of my favourite models but I think they are gentle with posing and expressions.

And is it Frida Gustavsson who you mean by Frida?

Call me biased... :innocent: but I find Daria Strokous a good and versatile model who's good at posing. She has this blank canvas look à la Raquel.
Does anyone agree with me or am I nuts?

Some examples:

glossynewstand.tumblr

totalword.us

scanned by Raymond Kim

Facebook/inteprid London

whatscontemporary

scanned by LRLovesDaria

visualoptimism.blogspot

scanned by Northern Star

fashionscansremastered.

womenmanagement.blogspot

magazinesdownload

^
Yes and they are the PERFECT example how she is NOT a good poser. I mean c'mon now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->