Which models are the best posers?

I think I know what you mean by trashy style but most of their work I see is really okay. I think Hannah is good with various poses/ expressions and I think Anja and Ashley have a nice style, they have some classy photos in their work and can really pull that look off. Bambi's style is getting better and she does have some varied work.

What are people's thoughts on Alessandra? Good model?

Take a look at any Dior or namesake like under Galliano and you can see who the best posers are: Natasha Poly, Olga Sherer, Magdalena Frackowiak, Chanel Iman (fascial expressions sometimes off), Karlie Kloss (although try-hard and studied), Sasha Pivovarova

Karlie tried hard and studied expressions/ poses?

I know some of the best posers when I see them yes and there are more you can add to the lists, Kate Moss, Gisele, Isabeli, Anja Rubik...

What about Alessandra Ambrosio? I think she is pretty good with poses/ expressions looking at her high fashion work, she can give good contact with the camera, even Adriana has the ability to give a fierce look and has some varied expressions?

I think Georgina Stojiljkovic is a great poser. She really conveys the emotion of the portrait through her body.

Ashley Smith is great, i agree, doesn't matter she does 'trashy' commercial work or high fashion. same with Zippora Seven imo.

Georgina Stojiljkovic, Mariya Markina, Olga Sherer, tbh any of Galliano's favorite models really come to mind.

Edita - yes. ^^
Alessandra is rather just okay. Not the best but not the worst either.

Hanaa Ben Abdesslem is pretty good...just check her latest ed in her thread.

^ i wouldn't mention her in this thread. she's not so exciting in print (pose, body language_wise), but she still totally sells herself with that face. :D

Ah okay so you think she is successful because of her face rather than her modelling abilities? Can the same be said for Frida G and Toni G?

^ i think so yeah, definitely...(+Toni also has awesome, athletic body.)
but i think it's a pretty rare quality to having 'great modeling abilities'... most models have the right face+body.
i think models like e.g. Guinevere Van Seenus have this rare ability...it's a minority.

That's interesting you say it's rare to have good modelling abilities and there is a minority, I thought there was a number of models who are good. Some times it feels like every model has a potential.

Some times models can be good and that at times their work seems less exciting. I think with any model's work, they have their ups and downs too!

What are people's ideas on Bambi Northwood Blyth? I think she can do work well at times, she can laugh, look fierce, smile, look soft, looked shocked, she has some varied work. Maybe not consistent but do you guys think she is a good poser?

Alla Kostromicheva is ****ing amazing. She's extremely versatile for someone with a specific look.

^ Her poses are good but the facial expression can be a bit harsh. I think I haven't seen an ed where she looks really gentle and soft. But on the runway, she's a total knockout!

Freja Beha Erichsen, Kate Moss, Erin O' Connor, Iselin Steiro, Snejana Onopka, Sasha Pivovarova, Marie Piovesan...and so many others...Karen Elson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->