WSJ Magazine April 2018 : Gisele Bündchen by Mikael Jansson

StockholmFW

Reaction score
29090706_1466167420158749_2500577986055503872_n.jpg

instagram/gisele

Cover story: 'Free Spirit'

Styling: George Cortina

wsj

If you just look at the tiny thumbnail of the cover, Gisele looks like Alesandra Ambrosio.

I love the cover. The rural setting feels like a throwback to her Vogue US covers from 2000/2001.

This woman is incredible!

The queen ❤️❤️

The cover story is so good. She loves nature so she feels at home.

I can’t believe that she will never get a vogue us cover again. Anna wake up!!!

Zzzz, what's this obsession with American barns all of a sudden? The edit looks great though, like all the shots actually.

This should have been Vogue Italia! Amazing work from Giselle and Mikael!

This woman is incredible!

The queen ❤️❤️

The cover story is so good. She loves nature so she feels at home.

I can’t believe that she will never get a vogue us cover again. Anna wake up!!!

Did Anna ban her too??

I sometimes like Gisele and I'm sometimes tired of her, but it's undeniable that she works everything like it's a matter of life and death. She looks really good here and Mikael's photography works extremely well with the styling and the setting.

Second cover:

WSJ-Magazine-April-2018-Gisele-Bundchen-Mikael-Jansson-2.jpg

fashioneditorials

Two missing images:

wsj

Correction: The cover story is called 'Gisele Bündchen Is a Force of Nature'

WSJ-Magazine-April-2018-Gisele-Bundchen-Mikael-Jansson-1-2.jpg

fashioneditorials

Truthfully, I feel like we've seen this a thousand times before but I am honestly just in awe of Gisele. WSJ's one of the best magazines on the market, and this could've easily been for either Vogue Paris or Porter and I would've liked it all the same. The whole shoot looks effortless, seamless and utterly beautiful. :heart:

As usual, Cortina delivers but i'm bored with Gisele...As great as it is. I would prefer to see other models instead of her.

I actually prefer the second cover - I can't help but associate the barn shots with the current #MyCalvins nonsense. This reminds me of Jansson's Porter shoot with Daria Werbowy (albeit an inferior version). Still, it's a lovely editorial overall

Been there, done that but I love it nonetheless! It really transports you, and he managed to capture the side of Gisele I find enthrancing.

It's so lazy -- the styling, the way they shot/cropped/dulled the beautiful back drop. Not into it.

It's a super boring version of her Alt's first Vogue Paris cover featuring her.

Some achingly gorgeous shots for sure. It's nice to still see skilled composition, lighting and the ability to create a strong narrative mood that's carried through in fashion stories these days.

But the styling is lazy. It's a tad too Target-doing-upscale for middle-America for my taste. And Gisele is totally replaceable here. She even resembles Kate on the 2nd cover...

Thanks StockholmFW

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->