WSJ Magazine March 2020 : Adut Akech by Mikael Jansson

Fabulous colors! It all comes together very nicely, and Adut looks stunning with that soft smile.

Oh, this is beautiful! Easily my favorite cover of hers. It's very radiant and indeed joyful.

I find it so pedestrian (pun intended).

I find it so pedestrian.

Terribly, to the point that it looks like a glorified catalogue shot! From the styling to the fake-looking background to her smile.

Also, I'm quite versed with beret style and no black woman would ever wear a beret like that.

^^^ It’s very JC Penney strolling-with-a-smile-at-the-camera, isn’t it? The next shot will be her tossing that beret into the air and fake-laughing. At best, it’s that brand of Scott Schuman contrived street photography circa2007. I'd expect better from Mikael.

Stunning! So joyful and eye-catching. I love pretty much everything WSJ are doing, the results are usually gorgeous and this is no exception.

Love it! It's true it looks like a catalogue but more of a vintage catalogue very sophisticated.

Reactions: KoV
Photography: Mikael Jansson
Styling: Lisa Jarvis
Cast: Adut Akech, Mayowa Nicholas, Fatou Jobe, Kyla Ramsey, Adonis Bosso, Ayobami Okekunle and Hamid Onifade

Adut-Akech-WSJ-Magazine-Cover-Photoshoot02.jpg

Adut-Akech-WSJ-Magazine-Cover-Photoshoot03.jpg
Adut-Akech-WSJ-Magazine-Cover-Photoshoot04.jpg
Adut-Akech-WSJ-Magazine-Cover-Photoshoot05.jpg
Adut-Akech-WSJ-Magazine-Cover-Photoshoot06.jpg

Adut-Akech-WSJ-Magazine-Cover-Photoshoot07.jpg

Adut-Akech-WSJ-Magazine-Cover-Photoshoot08.jpg

Adut-Akech-WSJ-Magazine-Cover-Photoshoot09.jpg

Adut-Akech-WSJ-Magazine-Cover-Photoshoot10.jpg

Adut-Akech-WSJ-Magazine-Cover-Photoshoot11.jpg

fashiongonerogue

It could have been better.

Love the colors. That's it.

This cover is a disservice to Adut's gorgeous face. That lighting is criminal.

Every single shot in the story is stronger and has more energy and looks more expensive than the covershot.

So stunning! I love it when editorials actually sell me clothes because I want everything.

Bulg* alert!!! Hahaha. Beautiful editorial. I love the direction of these magazines like Edit or T magazine

Oh, Mikael Jansson knocks it out the park once again - and WSJ Magazine for that matter! This cover feels like a ray of sunshine. Always an absolute pleasure to see Adut Akech and the colours in the cover shot and throughout the feature are just glorious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ Tkachuk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->