Your Key / Signature Style Pieces?

kylarrae

Reaction score
Trademark look / Signature style

Such as using something weird as an accessory or something?

some vintage pieces...

some things that i pick up while travelling that might not be available in my hometown...

i also like to customise things so that they are unique/different...

I agree with softgrey.
I usually don't buy accessories and such at store everybody buys their stuff at but rather get things from my mom or my grandma, go to the flea market and collect different pieces when traveling.

I shop at a variety of stores-I rely on JcPenny, Target, Claire's, and Nordstrom Rack for a lot of things. I buy what appeals to me regardless of trends or not, and I have a lot of things that I've had for 6, 7 years at least because I haven't grown height-wise since 7th grade. I also have some vintage things such as a sequined tube top that my mom had and a silver-threaded black cardigan that my mom made when she was my age. I also will try almost anything as long as it works-I can't wear some things due to my thunder thighs. However, what I can do looks good.

I have these big brooches from a charity shop which have an embroidered deer on one of them and a embroidered bird inside the other one with glass covering it.
I just wear them on my lapel.
It's probably not that 'individual' but i like them and often get comments on them.

My heavy duty chain.... worn diagonically accross my torso (I hope I'm using the right word here)... with almost everything... I find that it can "breazily" transform a babydoll dress from pure innocence to pure punk!^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
1.skinny dark jeans- here 99% of guys still wear loose, destroyed bootcuts
2.vintage usaf dress tunic- i get stopped on the street every time i wear it
3.i dont cut or comb my hair- and have people tell me that no matter how hard they try they cant get thier hair to look like that. i tell em that i spend between 6 and 8 hours a night on it.
4.i think im the sexiest m**********r alive- and in turn so does everyone else. it really works, i actually have a band that wants me to be thier front man, just for the look.

nah... i woldnt say so... just confident. i never said im better than anyone, but i am confident in myself, other peoples opinions be damned.

^ If you're that hot you better jet-propel yourself outta Jacksonville, FL, ASAP :wink:

I agree, vintage will set you apart in a hurry. Here where knock-off Coach (or real Coach) is the bag of choice, my vintage Lucite bag gets a *lot* of attention--far more than I bargained for. I sent one of my neighbors to an antique store the other day ... when they asked who sent her, he had no trouble remembering me ... because of my bag :wink: I also wear vintage watches, and antique or indy designer jewelry. But I have never seen anyone wearing anything that I own, so an argument could be made that I don't need to set myself apart--and indeed I don't try :wink:

clockwood said:
nah... i woldnt say so... just confident. i never said im better than anyone, but i am confident in myself, other peoples opinions be damned.

Confidence is good... I like it...:wink:

I usually wear at least one handmade african piece or vintage piece, like a brooch (favourite at the moment is a cheap metal horse brooch:heart:). not terribly individual but I usually try to wear one-off clothing pieces so hopefully it all comes together is being uniquely 'me'. ^_^

clockwood is onto something......Soft and I have been talking about people that aren't that good looking that project that they are the hottest thing on the street.....and others believe it.........not that you aren't the sexiest m**********r alive :wink: :flower:

I think that's what really sets some people apart.....I know that I walk down the street with confidence when I look good and I think that's what makes more people look at me....

I like to mix things up a bit....and customise, or make, a lot of my own clothing.....even though at times I fall victim to the jeans....I try to wear pants more often.

to set myself apart i wear very simple, basic clothes likes jeans etc mostly in balcks etc but then accessorize with funky jewellry and shoes etc

I dont know. I hope I set myself apart. I have fallen into a blazer + tshirt + jeans phase...which EVERYONE does but I think I make it more interesting...I hope...

Im going for a leaner silhouette, not that annorexic Dior Homme silhouette, just a leaner, tighter silhouette.

Lots of flowy white fabrics, paired with funky oversized jewlery. I always have fantastic boots, too!

Most of my everyday clothes don't seem that "different," so I use accessories to liven up my outfits. Vintage jewelry and layered necklaces really individualize basics. My favorite pieces right now for attracting "double takes" are: a Whiting and Davis gold mesh snake bracelet and a brass owl pendant (who looks depressed :cry: ). Both are vintage finds from ebay. The snake bracelet is especially cool because it really just looks like a normal bangle at first, but on closer inspection it is slithering up my wrist.

Style depends on something consistent. That's why I continue to wear bold jewelry - it suits me. Wearing clothes that are unique, or combining usual items in a surprising way, makes a person stand out.

- handmade jewelry/scarves
- vintage clothing/accessories
- unusual combinations of pieces/colors/textures/prints
- creative use of pieces

:flower:

-colorful shoes

-concert pins on blazers, jean jackets or purses (so far I havent seen TOO many people do this)

-balck thights with stipes or something on them (something more or less subtle but different none the less)

-colorful head bands

-also lots of differtent scarves!^_^

I think vintage clothing items are the best way to set your style apart.. even though it takes a lot of time and patience to find those really special peices, its definitely worth it!!
besides that.. its all about the accessories!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, last year it was bowties, but now its hats, definitely...Never a baseball cap; more like hats for old men, special occasion hats, or military hats--anything of a costume-like nature...I have 2 tophats, 4 applejacks (at least I think thats what their called), 1 bowler, 3 garrisons, 2 fedoras, and a few hats I bought at the local army-navy surplus store..While I do the whole layered look, like a lot of other folks, to me, its my hats that set me apart from the next guy.. :D

Oh yeah, and a funky pair of shoes always works for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->