Your most unusual beauty/makeup tricks

I don't know how unusual this is, but I dab a bit of white shimmer powder just about the middle of my lips... right below my nose. But only the slightest bit!

for mascara that is a bit clumpy and old..you can add a couple drops of facial toner..shake it up..and you should be able to get a little bit more out of the mascara tube...this is only if you're in a pinch.. it's much better to buy new mascara for sanitary purposes.

I use matte brown eyeshadow, instead of bronzer to contour - it's more natural looking. I also use darker eyeshadows that I no longer use as eyeliner - just wet a brush and swipe it in the eye shadow. I also like to use a kabuki brush for blush, and contouring instead of a blush brush.

Before i sweep through my eyebrows with my eyebrow groomer, I spray it with a little hairspray. Keeps the hairs in place much better than brow gel :smile:

I darken my eyebrows with dark eyeshadow, it always works for me. And I don't use eyeliner- only dark (dark violet or black) eyeshadow, just like offtodreamland.

^ Interesting about the brows... I may have to give it a shot. I know my friend bought a designer brow color years ago, but I never thought to try it.

I darken my eyebrows with dark eyeshadow, it always works for me. And I don't use eyeliner- only dark (dark violet or black) eyeshadow, just like offtodreamland.

My friend is really anal about her eyebrows and swears by this ^_^ She's turned me into a bit of one to :unsure:

Not that unsual but if you suffer with slap cheek or like me you just burn easily and therefore are constantly red, a green foundation base works really well to soften the redness. I brought a boots no.7 one as I had a money off voucher, it's not bad. I'm swearing by it atm else I'd be looking like rudolf :ninja:

It's not really a beauty trick but it's something I do because my hands hurt. Every night I put tiger balm on my hands and since this smell really strong and makes me sick it also stops me from biting on my nails and fingers^^ and it feels nice for my hands, tho it sticks alot.

This may sound a tad odd but I take my concealer for under my eyes and I use it as a base color on my lips. I just put a dab of it on the lips then I put my lipgloss color over it. I find that it helps make it stay longer.

I don't like using a eyeliner pencil so whenever I want to wear "eyeliner" I just wet my brush with water and then dip it into my eyeshadow color (I tend to use black or dark green for this) and put it on, just like I would have put my eyeliner. It always looks so good and makes my eyes pop!

So many fantastic tips, thanks all for sharing!

To keep my brows in place, I dab a little Lucas Paw Paw ointment on them and blend it in using an eyebrow comb.

Excellent thread! good tips there:wink:
I'll try the eyeline trick!
As for me, I love to create optical illusions on my eyelids, by playing with differents shades of colors, creating shadows on the outer corners of the eyes while highlighting the center of the eyelid, and putting some white eyeshadow in its inner corners, etc...well, basic tricks.

when imputting on concealor, i let it sit there for a bit before i start blending it in.
i dont know why i do that but i tell myself, 'it needs time to set in'.. :P

^ Maybe because it's a bit more blendable once its warmed by your skin..?

^ yes. i do that also. cause when it's warm its more smooth and easier to blend.

yeh possibly. my best mate & i do that.
it really annoys our sisters.. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->