Yves Saint Laurent S/S 10 Paris

A couple of pretty great pieces here and there (I love that dress on Ginta). But overall, it's a mess. Are they serious with that strawberry skirt?

I don't hate it at all. Rather, I enjoyed the collection and it somehow reminds me of a 2004 collection...minus the strawberries:P why strawberries? no blue berries or black berries? Or raspberries?:unsure::P

whats the deal with the fruits????

the strawberries are cute, and he used in a discrate way!!!

This collection its beautiful really for the spring...
the styling its nice and pretty.

I liked it.

I may be in the slim minority but I feel Pilati has loosened up. Gone is the austerity which has marked his last collections, and dare i say it; there's even a striking lightness that pervades most pieces.

Yes, there is an incoherence to the presentation and some pieces just seem awkward, i.e. the strawberry print, and ruffled blouses. But I'm willing to forgive them because for once after several seasons, he's done away with the equivalent of modern social "armor".

The strawberry confection: a nod to the house through an attempt at humor.

I have been insulting this man on TFS since his first collection . Well even though this incoherent , I see a change . Its less stuffy and stiff , those hideous pants he has been doing for ages are gone and he made a pair which is flattering to women. I think YSL is fading out to more exciting designers like Ricardo at Givenchy and now Phoebe at Celine. Pilatis YSL hasnt featured in Vogues top ten collections for some time now. Honestly its strange , I remember when Tom Ford was at YSL how each show was sooo exciting now its just boring lol.

Stefano's suffering from a bit of schizophrenia, no? One season his woman is some asexual droid, the next she's wearing diapers, then she's a CEO by day and a cheap fem-dom by night. Now she's living in a garden party.

Honestly the only thing that ties all of his latest collections together is his complete unwillingness to really explore color. Sure he sends out a few token gestures in some very unthreatening shades, but he hasn't explored real Saint Laurent colors in quite some time.

Ignoring the fact that he has never fully managed to combine the many facets of the Saint Laurent woman into one collection, too many of these clothes just look sloppy.

Last edited by a moderator:
YSL has like a gold mine of archives and pilati chose to reference strawberries haha. He tries to sexualize his woman in a very weird restrained way. I would like to see the day he has his models wearing their hair down and not those ridiculous aunt Bea up dos but i dont think that day will come haha

strawberries? strawberries, really? strawberries. to think there are some here that have massacred lindsay lohan for sprinkling hearts at ungaro and condone this man's insertion of STRAWBERRIES into one of the most quintessentially ysl collections he's presented since he's taken the helm. seriously, imagine the show without the strawberries and you'd have pieces that honor the memory of saint laurent so meticulously that they're instant classics, but then you remember those strawberries. i mean, what do they even represent?!?! we live in a world where most industrialized nations have barely pulled out of the worst economic turmoil this world has seen in decades where we have women arming themselves as eighties-inspired gladiators here and dressing up in futuristic space suits over there to escape and he gives us.....strawberries?!

oh, but i can't completely rag the man, because he has PERSONALLY never looked better and he presented the most avant garde menswear collection in the summer so I guess one has to overlook this mishap. i'd hoped we see some of the desert/nomadic inspiration from the menswear carried over, but i guess jil sander stole all that thunder and we're just left with nice pieces here and there -- honestly, they could have been called YSL Edition 24 and called it a day -- and strawberries.

they better break the bank on an advertising campaign because they'll need it. great summer sandals though.

The little German touches here and there are most interesting, I would have liked to have seen more of this ... quirkiness for lack of a better word. It honestly isn't as bad as most of us initially thought upon seeing the tumble of strawberries down the front of a skirt. It just doesn't look as bright perhaps in light of what happened at Celine today ...

Thank you taz, for the archival input. I honestly don't see what's not to like about a classic collection with outstanding tailoring. The shapes are loose, easy, yet well-structured. The white pieces are extremely pretty and feminine without being frivolous. And what's the deal with being judgmental over *one* skirt? Geez, didn't Stella McCartney do fruits before for Chloe, without incurring the same wrath? Did people ask for her head to roll off the Chloe pedestal for putting a PINEAPPLE on her blouse? It seems really prejudiced to damn the entire collection for one item, and it's not even an awful skirt, just a print/pastiche.

Except for a couple of egregious errors most of this collection is quite beautiful and readily wearable.
The black bustier dress on Caroline is certainly the standout look; if only the collection took that sensuality and ran with it

This is a pretty nice collection and I don't mind the strawberries. It's something new I guess..

Stefano Pilati's YSL is a sinking ship, a ticking time bomb, and an overall trainwreck waiting to happen. :cry:
This collection is too easy. Any second rate designer could whip it up in a heartbeat.

i think this might be more saleable as individual pieces. But there is something unsettling about the collection as a whole. However, I loved the fishnets and shoes.

Did anyone else feel like this deep purple detail was completely incoherent with the rest of the runway looks?

00900m.jpg

style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarenabrilcoleman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->