Yves Saint Laurent S/S 10 Paris

Caroline Trentini's dress is so sexy. Extremely sexy.
I want Pilati's entire outfit by the way.

There were some misses, but a lot of nice pieces too. I think he should stick to structured and tailored looks. The ruffles, like that on the strawberry skirt seem to forced for him. I know he wants to remind people of the man that created the brand, but he's already doing a good enough job of that.

What is wrong with Stefano? His last three collections have been beyond mediocre. After Fall 2008, it seems his design aesthetic has seriously suffered.

The last three seasons, I feel like he is trying too hard. As a result, his lines and proportions - everything feels very hard and masculine. And if the strawberries are an attempt to infuse YSL with some femininity, then he seriously needs to re-evaluate his design principles. It looks farcicle and utterly stupid.

I have to say this collection is a major fail for me. The leather-looks, the belted-looks - they look outdated. And everything else looks too simply or too ridiculous. This is by far the most incoherrent mess he has designed and it is a shame because he is one of the few design geniuses of today.

there are nice pieces but overall, the collection is a drab :(

Hardly as terrible as many of you are making it out to be...

It's very awkward and frumpy in a few areas, but it's not bad. There are a lot of great pieces; I am particularly drawn to the shiny leather pieces. I think the styling is what's hurting the collection, really. It does nothing for the clothes. Does anyone know who's behind it?

WTF? I sort of appreciate the polka dots ensembles but mainly confused by this. :huh: It's clean but messy, does that even make sense? And this best thing really is sexy beast Stefano himself. :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
never been much of a stefano lover but i must say at least in the past there was more of a...satement maybe. as the pictures were being leaked out i didnt really see any cohesion. some slouchy, some sexy, some...strawberries. huh? oh well. as someone else has said, things havent been right for me for at LEAST the last 3 seasons.

Hardly as terrible as many of you are making it out to be...

It's very awkward and frumpy in a few areas, but it's not bad. There are a lot of great pieces; I am particularly drawn to the shiny leather pieces. I think the styling is what's hurting the collection, really. It does nothing for the clothes. Does anyone know who's behind it?

FWD says he styles the collections himself.

I think the nonprinted pieces are amazing, especially the ones worn by Trentini (glad to see her back, btw) and Boscono. Very sexy.

I like the collection, for the most part. I think the strawberry skirt is giving the collection a bit more negative attention than really necessary. And I think the strawberry earrings are adorable!!! I totally want a pair!

Im really beginning to give up on Pilati. He's done nothing but garbage as of lately. Apart from creating boring and generic pieces, they're outdated and just plain old ugly. I mean how many women can wear that God-awful strawberry skirt and say "I look so fantastic in this"? Most of his looks are becoming terribly unflattering. Everything is so...... blocky and frumpy. What happened to the femininity?

Hits and Misses

I like his blouses and the leather shorts with the slits in them, and his tailoring especially. The only weak looks for me were look 7 (strawberry skirt with frumpy top), look 9 (leather ruffle underneath the white dress looked weird), and look 23 (pink wrap bolero, white bra and shorts).

Also, do the unfinished hems bother anybody?

Some of the strongest looks include: Look 17 (leather halter dress)
Look 19 (periwinkle blue sailor top and beige skirt)
Look 22 (sleeveless jacket with curved pockets and white shorts)
Look 28 (only the sharply cut white jacket)
Look 33 (white sleeveless top and skirt with cummerbund waist)
35 (black sleeveless dress with sheer blouse worn underneath)
Look 39 (black bustier dress)

Like many designers this season, he's revisiting past designs, particularly YSL spring 01 couture, and the color palette of his own S/S 08 collection. Overall, I liked it.

Ugly pieces.
If YSL doesnt change his designer man.
The house will be the new "sleeping beauty", of the fashion world....

I am confused. Probably need some time to 'digest' the whole collection.
I cant say I totally hate the strawberry prints.

One thing Im sure of, I totally agree with Purple magazine Stefano Pilato is the well-dressed man all over Paris (or was it the sexiest I cant remember...)

i like the pieces sans print but i dont really like it either

He has lost his mojo.

Drink three glasses of strawberry wine, and call me in the morning :lol:

I agree that there are some strong looks here, but the collection as a whole is not. I like the blue sailor top, and there's a great white dress ...

Such a letdown. There's definately certain looks I'd wear but there's nothing that gives me the "wow I need it!" factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->