Alessandro Michele - Designer, Creative Director of Valentino

Some very beautiful pieces that evokes the romanticism of Valentino. He is still a good tailor…But do we need another Hedi Slimane?
The amount of products they were able to pour in such a short time is actually insane.

I though I miss him but in reality, I didn’t miss this.

I love these shoes :wub: there is no comparison to that fugly Frankenstein Gucci flat
These shoes are giving me Chanel vibes, that tiny V logo on the heel, the gold with black; very old Miu Miu under Katie Grand too

Good Design (Valentino Cruise 2025)
00020-valentino-resort-2025-details-credit-ola-rindal.jpg.png00022-valentino-resort-2025-details-credit-ola-rindal.jpg.png00035-valentino-resort-2025-details-credit-ola-rindal.jpg.png

Bad Design (Gucci Cruise 2025)
best-ballet-flats-gucci-66436f1c7b795.jpg

Ugh, did not miss him and his aesthetic…. What a horrible collection. It smells of moths and stuffiness. He was never modern, but forgot how terribly stuffy he was… Did not need this reminder, and don’t need his Valentino. This is worse than Rodarte lol

The teenage angst cast, the overstyling and sheer amount of garments is killing it!!
And not in a good way... lol

Did some of you guys really expect something else??
It's the one and only AM - and he pulls a Slimane wherever he goes

But also @Lola701 is right. that you can find really beautiful individual pieces in this deep sea of clothes.

These are my favorites (some are very Rosemary's Baby)

Bildschirmfoto 2024-06-17 um 08.18.32.pngBildschirmfoto 2024-06-17 um 08.20.59.pngBildschirmfoto 2024-06-17 um 08.24.33.pngBildschirmfoto 2024-06-17 um 08.22.24.png
wished he would take the more romantic and elegant road. With a muted styling. Just imagine Freya, Rianne, Mica or Anja as cast instead of these teenies.... One can dream. But here we go.
He's back and he will make us all mad and crazy for the next years for sure.

wwd

I hate a designer incapable of adapting his vision to a house.

Few people here criticise Nicolas Ghesquiere to not deliver the same as he used to at Balenciaga but we have designers like Michele who show us why changes are good.

I know already I don’t want his Valentino.

It's definitely not my style, but it could have been worse. There's no Mickey Mouse or Adidas. Many good looking desirable items, but the overall visual impression is just too much of the same. Styling, casting, photography, something has to offer development or evolution to be engaging, right...?

I think it is a smart collection to start with. I think Michele has a cult-like following. His Gucci was experiencing fatigue but not a total abandonment from his base.
This collection could be a collection to remind his fans that they now can buy what they had missed for the past few seasons at a new house.
I'll wait and see if he will evolve in the next few seasons.
One thing I would say is that a clear narrative and visual language make the collection much easier to differentiate itself and Michele is still a light year ahead of Sabato when it comes to visual presentation and narrative presenting.

The overal tone is a bit more sweet and soft. And I’m sure there’s some smart details in there referencing archives, it just gets lost in it all, ending up in a Gucci collection.

I am waiting for the credits, curious if Jonathan Kaye worked on this styling
Also if Thomas from Gucci did the make-up

I am waiting for the credits, curious if Jonathan Kaye worked on this styling
Also if Thomas from Gucci did the make-up
Does it even matter?!? Hahhahahah!
The clothes are such 💩, which probably means it is done by Jonathan Kaye styling lol

I was hoping for a stronger change but I can see a strong affinity with The original Valentino. Very strong accessories! Love the shade to realease this the day of Gucci’s fashion show: today in Milan everyone is gonna talk only about this.

I was hoping for a more drastic change in styling, I am impressed that he already used the Couture atelier so quickly (there are some serious embroideries and techniques everywhere), but it still looks like Gucci, infused with a 70s/hippies/flower power Valentino.

Plus the shade to release that on the day Gucci is showing...

Good morning to all, I'm not new here but I do rarely comment. It's always a pleasure to read your viewpoints and opinions.
This is what we all expected. I think this is simply Alessandro's aesthestic and not Gucci's. To be honest I consider it more in tune with Valentino's heritage than Gucci's one.
The only one problem is this is coming after Gucci so it looks like a déjà vu. I think this is anyway infinitely better in terms of construction, quality and image making than most of what is on the market at the moment.
I won't be too harsh towards Alessandro. I think this is very honest with his vision and I think he'll do wonders with Valentino archives. Please, let's give him time.

‘Hyper Beauty’: Inside Alessandro Michele’s Surprise Valentino Collection​

Over 260 images dropped during Milan Fashion Week provided a look at the star designer’s plans for the Roman couture house. ‘It’s a continuous orgasm,’ he said.

26QWHDZUSFHULI7DUL5R244G3M.JPG
Alessandro Michele made a surprise debut for Valentino, dropping an unscheduled lookbook of over 260 images during Milan Fashion Week. (Valentino)
BOF

The fact that Valentino dropped this collection on the day of Gucci's menswear show is such a boss move. They know exactly what they're doing. It's a total power play.

Alessandro is here to make Valentino into a 10 billion dollar brand and his 260 images are proof of that.

In one collection he has produced more desirable and commercial products that Sabato has in his entire tenure at Gucci.

Kering must be fuming.

Oh dear god. Like his Gucci, I already see this ending up in the clearance sections of Nordstrom Rack and Saks Off 5th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamal2isgood
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->