Alexander McQueen for Samsonite

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
from wwd today

Samsonite in Design Deal With Alexander McQueen
By Jennifer Hirshlag
NEW YORK — Samsonite has a new designer on the case — Alexander McQueen

The 96-year-old luggage company has signed a partnership with McQueen to develop a collection of travel bags, luggage and accessories under the premium Samsonite Black Label brand.

**took this from the McQ thread...
this needs its own topic...

very interesting to see mcqueen cutting all these side deals...:innocent:

Hey if it looks good, works good, and gets his name out there...

fashion_boi_01 said:
is he really that desperate? the puma collaboration was a disaster!
Uhm yeah.

Even though McQueen is wh*ring himself like some cheap tart he's still not that well known, except for that godawful dress Gwenyth wore that one time in 2003.

Maybe it'll turn out good, like a hardcore with a leather cage around it. There's so much McQueen could do with luggage and his sense of chic perversion...:heart:

Samsonite Black Label by Alexander McQueen

can't wait to put my hands on these..:woot:

Top fashion designer travels with Samsonite
19/12/06
Source: ©The Moodie Report By Mary Jane Pittilla

US. Leading luggage company Samsonite and British fashion designer Alexander McQueen have joined forces to create a luxury travel bag collection, to be available in-store from February 2007.

The Samsonite Black Label by Alexander McQueen collaboration brings together inspiration and ideas from McQueen’s life and travels.

The designs contrast tradition and modernity and are said to fuse nature and technology. Patterns and designs found in nature are brought to life using the latest technological know-how. The ergonomic collection features natural shapes and curves.

cannes_06_samsonite_12.jpg
The upscale Alexander McQueen collection features a wheeled case that takes on the imprint of a human torso and a crocodile-skin textured design

Commmenting on the new collection, McQueen said: "I was really inspired by the idea of developing my own take on luggage – to be able to rise to the challenge of working in a new arena. And I am always interested in learning from new technical expertise.”

Samsonite President and CEO Marcello Bottoli added: “Samsonite is a company with a rich heritage and design sensibility that has come to redefine the whole concept of travel design. This collection showcases the innovation and luxury inherent in the Samsonite Black Label brand.”

Travel pieces

The AI1 wheeled luggage model takes on the imprint of a human torso with the ribcage and sternum outlined at the front of the case and the backbone on the back. This striking effect is echoed in the interior with a negative of the ribs represented in a soft moulded form.

The AI2 case has a crocodile-skin textured pattern. Both pieces are lined with a soft feather print and are available in black and bone colours.

Travel bags and accessories

The travel bag collection includes a beauty case, garment bag and two boarding bags (male and female). Featuring fluid, curvaceous shapes, the collection uses a combination of plain and crocodile printed leather and ottoman fabric.

Also available are a leather travel wallet, a crocodile print passport holder and a name tag with key holder. A TSA padlock completes the collection.

Samsonite Black Label store openings

Samsonite Black Label has recently opened stores in London (Sloane Street and Royal Exchange), Berlin (Friedrichstrasse), Brussels (Boulevard de Waterloo), Moscow (GUM), Seoul (Cheong Dam-Dong), Singapore (Raffles Hotel) Kuwait City, and Mumbai (Grand Hyatt), in New York (Madison Avenue), Tokyo (Ginza) with imminent openings in San Francisco (Union Square) and Boston (Copley Place).

Alexander McQueen has three flagship stores, London, Milan and New York, and franchises in Istanbul; Japan and Russia are in the pipeline. The brand is also represented in many of the world’s most influential department stores.

:flower:

moodiereport.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this, taz.

I would love to get my hands on the black wheeled case in the picture above - the imprint is really interesting! :heart:

wow! gives a whole new meaning to the term "body bag" i really like these though, dark and chic!

there is a longer thread on this somewhere with more pictures, I think the accessories section? or maybe it's in designers and collections?

mundodabolsa said:
there is a longer thread on this somewhere with more pictures, I think the accessories section? or maybe it's in designers and collections?

Thanks for pointing this out, mundo. :flower:
Now the 2 threads are merged.

I swear, the more I look at the picture of the black wheeled case, the more I want it...anyone know what's the price range for this collection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->