Alexander McQueen Resort 2025 London

It’s very random. It has a little bit of every brand, even a little bit or Burton also (which is the worst part imo). I guess everybody will hate it because McQueen is sacred for many, but it’s not worse than your average show in 2024. Still bad, but average bad.

Edit: I think McQueen should just close. His aesthetic is not relevant in 2024. It’s impossible to make something decent out of this brand that doesn’t look gimmicky and to bring it to the future. It’s just too personal I think, like when the assistant did Galliano’s collections. It’s like to recent. Like doing Helmut.

I don't mind it. It is less beautiful but less stuffy than Burton's work.

The proportions of the men's suits are very funny. He hates the male body. He's like JW Anderson as they want to make genderless clothes but end up with unflattering clothes for both genders.

I don't believe this is gonna give them the billion they're craving for.

It’s somehow better than this trainwreck show which should be burned right before the fittings. I also think maybe it’s time to put the McQueen to rest - it seems to me to be impossible to somehow carry on with that brand which is so tightly closed to founder’s tragic life…

I don’t think he’ll survive winter guys…

At this point, Kering should just give up and close the brand and auction off the archives. I'm sure some of thoes pieces can sell for millions. If they really need a British avant-garde brand in their portfolio, then they can try to revive Christopher Kane.

A bad mix of bad collections from gucci, prada, raf simons, jw anderson, and sarah burton for mcqueen. Some separates are ok but nothing looks original or intriguing.

the casting is another let down

Holy hell. Seeing so many misshapen, oversized garments released under the auspices of a house that has always been renowned for its tailoring is heartbreaking. The bunched trousers and oversized collars resemble children playing dress-up in their older sibling's wardrobe. Lee McQueen would take off on flights of fantasy, but this is something altogether different: This is whimsy, which no one ever associated with Alexander McQueen. The ham-fisted attempt to "quote" such serious-minded shows as Dante and Widows of Culloden in an attempt at gravitas makes it all even more annoying.

McGirr is doubling down on ticks I hated from his debut like the too-tight sweater — neither McQueen nor Burton would've sent clothes out that intentionally did not fit — while introducing new horrors to the house like sack waists and (God help us) sweatpants. Burn it down. Just burn it all down now...

Horrible. Horrible. HORRIBLE!
This is a horrible attempt at a collection, for ANY brand. I won’t even judge it against the expectations of AM, Sean does not have the range, so I will judge it against high-street and say this would be a failure at Maje/Sandro/Zadig.

I just don’t understand how multiple people see this car crash coming and do nothing about it, then again they all might be distracted refreshing resumes and sneaking off for interviews.

200w.gif

giphy.com

This is completely deserving of the ire it's receiving, it's lazy, it's dated, there's no vision, what is this?!

I cannot stand this aesthetic of fashion going on currently, but this gets me to thinking: has there been another period of fashion history where the mainstream look being done by the majority of designers was as maligned as the 2020's?

The worst thing about this is maybe the attempts at McQueen-ism. The cut of those jackets! My god!
The arms looks extremely long, the point shoulders actually make the neck shorter and the jackets are all over so long that they makes the legs appear shorter.

He could have simply use original McQueen’s patterns. But hey, choices….

A dream for Outlets lol

What exactly are people expecting for a RESORT collection? This collection is absolutely consistent with resources and expectations for such a collection. Let's save the outrage for RTW.

Seriously who will buy any of this lol.

Maybe some Gen Z’s will want that hobo bag

This is completely deserving of the ire it's receiving, it's lazy, it's dated, there's no vision, what is this?!

I cannot stand this aesthetic of fashion going on currently, but this gets me to thinking: has there been another period of fashion history where the mainstream look being done by the majority of designers was as maligned as the 2020's?
I'd say the post war 40s/50s and the 80s, but this era is just another level of heinous. It's like they're desparately trying to force a industry reinvention like in the 60s and 90s, but everyone's skills are reduced to recreating overly complicated shapeless trash inspired by the same 2d images of Margiela, Ann D and Helmut Lang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnyboy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->