McQueen S/S 2025 Paris

I like this more than I ever liked Sarah Burton's collection. Nobody will ever be able to do McQueen justice again but at least there are some beautiful looks here. The main problem here is the absence of a clear point of view but some of these tailored jackets look great.
Really? Because this collection really quotes Sarah Burton far more than Lee McQueen. The black-and-red color scheme? That's Sarah Burton. After his early London years, Lee McQueen really only returned to black-and-red for The Horn of Plenty. Sarah Burton solidified the combination as house code over the last decade, largely beginning with her S/S 2014 collection (the "African" show). The big feather coats? Those come from Sarah Burton's A/W 2012 collection. The roses dangling from the bag? Sarah Burton.

Really? Because this collection really quotes Sarah Burton far more than Lee McQueen. The black-and-red color scheme? That's Sarah Burton. After his early London years, Lee McQueen really only returned to black-and-red for The Horn of Plenty. Sarah Burton solidified the combination as house code over the last decade, largely beginning with her S/S 2014 collection (the "African" show). The big feather coats? Those come from Sarah Burton's A/W 2012 collection. The roses dangling from the bag? Sarah Burton.
For some reason many people gladly dismiss Burton's Mcqueen even though she has successfully moved the brand into something timeless and covetable. Her Mcqueen will definitely play an equally big role in the future of the brand as the original. unless along the way they hire someone like demna who will just trash the whole brand and make it their own streetwear brand.

Didn't they already do that with McGRRR?
it could have been worst... i somehow see something raw in this new mcqueen guys work that may/may not take shape into something good in the future. His tailoring needs practice but he seems to be nerding out on the archives, maybe he will be confident after a few seasons and turn it his own while respecting mcqueen and burton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
multibabydoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->