McQueen S/S 2025 Paris

There is no Mqueen without isabella blow, capital and its patrons has moved from landed gentry to shareholders; the second to the third estate. Mqueen’s legacy and narrative is entirely enmeshed within that patronage. It will never be recreated as the material conditions have moved on.

oh please.. its not that serious. i doubt he had any idea at all about his own "legacy" when he was making collections. All this talk about his codes, his legacy, what mcqueen should be etc etc are all fanmade. he didnt create each collection thinking how it would add to the codes of mcqueen. Some would source that one video of him saying it should be ended after he is gone but also he sold his brand to suits. Who knows what was his mental condition during that interview. He already made the choice to go against his words of ending it the moment he sold his brand to kering.

oh please.. its not that serious. i doubt he had any idea at all about his own "legacy" when he was making collections. All this talk about his codes, his legacy, what mcqueen should be etc etc are all fan made. he didn't create each collection thinking how it would add to the codes of mcqueen. Some would source that one video of him saying it should be ended after he is gone but also he sold his brand to suits. Who knows what was his mental condition during that interview. He already made the choice to go against his words of ending it the moment he sold his brand to kering.
But there is an idea of a Mc Queen woman in his tailoring proportions he did 100 times , crazy shoes , extreme jewelry /tribal vibes, corset waist dark romance and also the futuristic dark fantasy, skull logo, the holding up the mirror to society and his own struggles, pissing off the establishment, britishness of his punk attitude, there are plenty of strong ideas and thoughts from his years one can pull from and make more clear for today's world ....KL did that with Chanel he selected the things she did often and repeated them endlessly..

Lee loved to pissed people, of regarding closing it down after him and his provocations in interviews was made for people to think as well as saying what he felt at the moment, while selling it to Kering to build his business bigger i don't see an issue , but more one of a survival for the brand to keep going and have stores and backing to do shows how ever he wanted etc. I would have done the same.
Its normal one can have the feeling to close it all down when he is not any more there, yet want to keep going while he is alive.

I don't know but MCQ is already a brand with codes and story, it's too young to hire someone to do something so far or weak from what the archives/its short history have to offer.

I think if you go there at this stage the job is to reinforce what he did and build upon it make its stronger and fresh and have buzz around the name , and for that you need skill and humility this guy clearly has non.

so many new brands lag a back story or history its a big plus when one has an archive and a reputation, its a big asset.

I think the little details ruined it for me and made it look so cheap and somewhat tacky i.e the short trim ruffled organza, the crystals, the raw trimmings (I love raw trimmings but they just were not on a good level).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->