Alexander McQueen Resort 2025 London

I just read Vogue’s “review” of the collection - a waste of my time - and I’m freshly irritated by this collection and Sean. He claims this is all supposed to be unisex… Is he ok?

I actually chuckled when I looked at the Menswear pre and main collections side by side:
1722303176469.pngUntitled.jpg
source: alexandermcqueen.com

It’s very random. It has a little bit of every brand, even a little bit or Burton also (which is the worst part imo). I guess everybody will hate it because McQueen is sacred for many, but it’s not worse than your average show in 2024. Still bad, but average bad.

Edit: I think McQueen should just close. His aesthetic is not relevant in 2024. It’s impossible to make something decent out of this brand that doesn’t look gimmicky and to bring it to the future. It’s just too personal I think, like when the assistant did Galliano’s collections. It’s like to recent. Like doing Helmut.
I totally agree with you he's aesthetic is not necessary in any way shape or form. woman with bravery that he once created for is no longer with us she's everywhere and all around us and cheaper forms this is not necessary I don't know how they're going to make this work in the long run it's not a bad collection at all just you know JW Anderson and everything we're seeing there's no heavy statement and there never will be once again because it's not necessary to because we don't live in that world anymore. If you really wanted to sink his teeth into something controversial well he can't do that because well he will be canceled and people will be pissed we live in a more conservative world and I just think this brand is going to go to the wayside. It's over.

Why ? When ? What? And where? Can you see all the codes that they're trying to tackle commercial codes the slides the bag sweats and then the fashion piece the ugly sweater and Phoebe bag all together garbage,
I like some of the tailored jackets but they're so dated and heavy it just doesn't make any sense they must have let go of all of Sarah staff. he's got one more season to go let's give him a chance. But if none of this sells then they should just let this house go into history we will always remember him lee McQueen and what he did.

Screenshot_20240729-214135~2.png

I am fed up of seeing another archival regurgitation gone wrong, mixed with trendy stuff from other brands.

Is it so hard to try to understand McQueen´s DNA; and continue from where he left? For example, let´s take his last full finished collection (Plato´s Atlantis)...ok, can´t anyone in the design team imagine about connecting that collection with H.P. Lovecraft "Shadow over Innsmouth" story...and base a collection on a McQueen take on the "Deep Ones"??? Why is so difficult for them to imagine something like that??

d83e5ce2c536b8a74f19dddbf19fe792.jpg
f3ee30eb08227b013741bf2eb278e514.jpg

pinimg.com

Agree with others that it kind of feels like it’s time to shut the house down. There’s no juice left here.

McQueen, himself, would make collections inspired by a time, a place, a movie, a song…personal inspirations that were idiosyncratic to the man.

Sean’s McQueen is aping bits and pieces of Lee’s early work, but what is HIS inspiration? That’s why I don’t think this brand works anymore as something that should continue. It just doesn’t really mean anything without the connection to the man himself. Even though I really never cared for Sarah’s time at the house, there was a sense of her closeness to Lee the whole time that sustained the entire operation.

its not about where the past mcqueen woman was, its about where she is now. So no need to close the brand, as Burton have shown. Mcqueens woman wasnt always tormented and she either used to be very prim and proper before all the abuse or she survived all the abuse. Now Mcgirr thinks the mcqueen woman became homeless and resorted to making her own clothes with whatever scraps she could find.

look 15 could be a start for something... the suiting is fine this time around but that silhouette is not mcqueen at all. its more ludovic or rick owens than mcqueen.

All over the place and really just one huge parody of itself. McQueenisms through the lenses of JW Anderson, Dilara Findikoglu and Harris Reed. It just doesn't work. The lack of necks and surplus of leg fabric is also as annoying as it is tiresome.

I am fed up of seeing another archival regurgitation gone wrong, mixed with trendy stuff from other brands.

Is it so hard to try to understand McQueen´s DNA; and continue from where he left? For example, let´s take his last full finished collection (Plato´s Atlantis)...ok, can´t anyone in the design team imagine about connecting that collection with H.P. Lovecraft "Shadow over Innsmouth" story...and base a collection on a McQueen take on the "Deep Ones"??? Why is so difficult for them to imagine something like that??

Yes, it's actually not that hard, McQueen once said that before starting making the clothes, he imagine a story and start from there: Platos Atlantis (what would happen if climate change take humans back to the ocean), The Girl Who Lived in the Tree (a feral creature that lived in a tree and becomes a princess once she touches the ground), Irere, Voss, Eshu... he had a CONCEPT, he didn't just put a salad of clothes out there for 6 months. The brand is to big for this kid, maybe he should read a couple books of the man who created it.

It’s all very disappointing - you get a young guy and hope for a vision, something fresh. And what comes out is barely mango/zara. I don’t know anyone young or old willing to wear that weird as hell tailoring. I don’t understand what he’s referring to, what does it mean to wear these clothes? Are they asleep at kering? All their brands are completely out of control and turning into a samey blurr of nonsense

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnyboy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->