Alexander McQueen Resort 2025 London

Why ? When ? What? And where? Can you see all the codes that they're trying to tackle commercial codes the slides the bag sweats and then the fashion piece the ugly sweater and Phoebe bag all together garbage,
I like some of the tailored jackets but they're so dated and heavy it just doesn't make any sense they must have let go of all of Sarah staff. he's got one more season to go let's give him a chance. But if none of this sells then they should just let this house go into history we will always remember him lee McQueen and what he did.

View attachment 1291879
This look is actually unforgivable. The elastic waistband is killing me.

Forget saving it for the showroom. Burn this look. Pay this man out for his contract and let him go.

Judging from the reactions here, I’d say the location on his CV that left the biggest mark on McGRRR’s design aesthetic (such as it is) was Uniqlo.

This look is actually unforgivable. The elastic waistband is killing me.

Forget saving it for the showroom. Burn this look. Pay this man out for his contract and let him go.
I just don't get it Sarah in her own right brought that house to almost a billion dollar I believe she brought up to $700 million that's a lot of money for one person to do for such a difficult brand but she did it and they let her go, he also let Tom Ford go I don't think he's good at the fashion game (Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) and I kind of think he's over it. He doesn't have those hard LVMH Bernard Arnold bones. But then again the world is going through a big change not just in fashion (i work in appliances) people are spending less and less money. The real affects of the pandemic is coming on 4 years later. We are seeing the rise of fast fashion/merchandise in every aspect of our lives.

I just don't get it Sarah in her own right brought that house to almost a billion dollar I believe she brought up to $700 million that's a lot of money for one person to do for such a difficult brand but she did it and they let her go, he also let Tom Ford go I don't think he's good at the fashion game (Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) and I kind of think he's over it. He doesn't have those hard LVMH Bernard Arnold bones. But then again the world is going through a big change not just in fashion (i work in appliances) people are spending less and less money. The real affects of the pandemic is coming on 4 years later. We are seeing the rise of fast fashion/merchandise in every aspect of our lives.
My best guess is that maybe McQueen is being repositioned into the “young, rock and roll” slot YSL was in as YSL has been morphing back toward something more like its former self — namely, more tailored, elegant, and French, and away from the Slimane lounge-lizardisms. If YSL has been drifting towards Dior, then push McQueen towards Celine.

At least, that’s the only logic that makes sense to me for the choices Kering has made regarding McQueen.

I didn’t hate his debut, but I’m starting to see what the fuss is about… This is a disaster. Looks like Givenchy by Matthew Williams all over again. To be fair, I do like the collars on the knits and shirts, as well as the look with the white flowy blouse.

Its literally an xl version of her Celine bag from ages ago 😭

View attachment 1292252
How interesting! This seems to be McQueen’s new motif, when I asked my CA what significance the dangling bar has they said they were told “it has something to do with a pocket watch which is close to London heritage” …

IMG_7982.jpeg

How interesting! This seems to be McQueen’s new motif, when I asked my CA what significance the dangling bar has they said they were told “it has something to do with a pocket watch which is close to London heritage” …
Yes, because everyone knows pocket watches are unique to London alone — no place else in the entire world made pocket watches, and nowhere else in the world were they used.

I never expected to use the word "facile" in regards to Alexander McQueen, yet here we are...

^ I think it is yet another surface level attempt at Sean referencing Highland r*pe where some of the skirts had pocket watch chains sewn in through and/or on the crotch. I think some of the open front jackets also had the chains as a fastening too.
33272-9.jpg
Source: Kerry Taylor Auctions

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnyboy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->