Alexis Mabille Haute Couture F/W 09.10 Paris

I rather enjoy the fifth from last piece.
Otherwise, it's so dull and random.

There are no words.

Actually, there IS one word: BARF! :doh:

i never thought alexis mabille had the couture spark. but i must say those ribbons and bows are seducing me. the white dress on skye is especially beautiful.

while these clothes remain admirable in their own right, something got lost when he separated out the mens and womens presentations. his collection last season approached the idea of the couture with a lot more attitude than this more straight-forward collection could.

with that said, these creations of his remain so well-done that each of the girls honestly looks exactly like a wistful sketch. also, i love that his bride is in a black suit...is there any more modern a statement for the couture to make at this time?!

i just don't know why, but i love the blue dress with the feathers and bow. everything else is allright. looks more RTW

It feels like RTW but I have a weakness for Mabille. I really love his clothes...

And I always like his shows because I get to see Morgane every time. haha

i take my comment back and actually really like the collection now. I love how he keeps them simple and the dresses are really gorgeous. I really don't think just because it's haute couture that you have to throw tons of crystals and embroideries on.

Also i remember reading on vogue UK that with Mabille's couture pieces, you need to actually try the clothes on to feel the luxury, because all his shirts and shirt dresses are lined with silk organza :smile:.

i hope this isn't a sign of things to come in haute couture....

i mean come on, these aren't couture!!!! (pics from style.com)

00020m.jpg

00150m.jpg

looks like a bad college student fashion show

I really love his stuff, but i like less pieces this collection that ever. altho flowy is gorgeous, it's too flowy, i like his previous "tailored" perfect-fit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->