All About Your Jeans...

^ you must really like your jeans to put so much effort into them :wink: i wish i had the patience to customize my clothes like that...

Last edited by a moderator:
My new favorite jeans are Rock & Republic. These are the best jeans I've ever found for not making my butt look totally flat. The back pockets really do something for me...I'm not a fan of the 35" inseam, but I'm not tall (5'6) so I have to alter most pants anyway.

Hye Park Lover said:
Anyone got any clever ideas on how to make bland one shaded jeans look more "worn out" and grungy? Apart from that good old favourite with cheese grater? That tears the fabric too much, so I end up with random broken strands of fabric all over the place....

some suggestions, you are free to take them or leave them.

wash them in hor watet, not inside out, with litte soap and LOTS of softening liquid.
wash them every time you wear them
wear them as much as you can: I know this sound stupid, but it means like, if you have to go to the grocery store for 5 minutes, wear them, not something else...
I find the dryer kinda stiffens them, and I think that's the opposite of what you want, so don't dry them in the drier.

I'll write more as I think about them. I had a pair of Diesel jeans that I used so much they ripped at the knee, but it looked really nice b/c it was authentic... Only, also the rest of the fabric had became very thin, so I had to get rid of them shortly after :(

urd said:
lately I've gotten really exited about jeans that are cut off into knee lenght shorts.. I'm planning to wear them over thights now that it's colder

I've seen this alittle, the girl had on cut offs with black tights (but with converse :\ ..i guess) but I prefer them with heels.

I also saw this guy in my italian class wearing straight legged jeans cut off at the knee (no tights hehe) with some vans slip ons, oooh lala he looked sooo good :heart:

jetsetandtrash, my friend also does that. she buys levi's and then will make them fit her like a glove, i'm thinking of sending her a few pairs hehee..but im getting a small cheapy sewing machine for xmas so maybe i can learn hmmm

Hye Park Lover said:
Thank you for the tips Ciccia, and I'm sorry about your Diesel man :(
:flower: you're welcome, anytime

as for the diesel... I had bought them with my savings when I was a poor college student (now I am not a college student anymore, but still poor:P ), and they are the ones I wore to come to the States 5 years ago! I probably shouldn't have thrown them away. Dunno, may be frame them?:blush:

blues

i live in jeans. they've been a wardrobe staple for me for thirty years! i love 501 levis the best. classic. specially when worn thin. these days i wear my oldest, thinnest ones cuffed or rolled w/little tops/t-shirts in the summer. w/either ballet flats, espadrilles or an ancient pair of handmade, brown sandals bought in rome in 71, that look much like the one's kate's been sporting lately!in cooler months, i stick w/dark denimn. i love joes cos i'm slim in the hips and legs and they really have a great, classic fit. seven's are another fav. but really, the levi's are the ones i reach for time and again!

I love my manager jeans because they are the perfect rise for me.
They are just low enough that my crack doesn't stick out (for you people showing this off, I really don't understand you!) :smile: Currently, this is called "high rise" by sales staff. However, these same Manager rise jeans were considered "low rise" by sales staff several years ago. You all are weird :smile:

Anyway, I prefer the darker washes overall. Also black is fun. I got a lighter one too and I just don't love it as much. I don't like the more unusual washes at all. Possibly gray could work.

Yes, my jeans are very basic. It means they go with everything all the time and never get more or less fashionable.

gruveechik I'm pear shaped too. Check out the Managers if you haven't. Good at keeping the crack out of the sun... without hiding your bellybutton too. (if your shape is like mine.)

tangerine said:
^ jetsetandtrash, I really admire you for having the patience to do those mods to your jeans! They look great and I was admiring your avatar earlier, it's a cool photo.
thanks!

em 692 said:
^ you must really like your jeans to put so much effort into them :wink: i wish i had the patience to customize my clothes like that...
i wear them everyday! god, that must be why theyre so messed up!

greeen said:
I've seen this alittle, the girl had on cut offs with black tights (but with converse :\ ..i guess) but I prefer them with heels.

I also saw this guy in my italian class wearing straight legged jeans cut off at the knee (no tights hehe) with some vans slip ons, oooh lala he looked sooo good :heart:

jetsetandtrash, my friend also does that. she buys levi's and then will make them fit her like a glove, i'm thinking of sending her a few pairs hehee..but im getting a small cheapy sewing machine for xmas so maybe i can learn hmmm
go for it! using a sewing machine would be waaaaay better than doing it by hand!

ciccia said:
:flower: you're welcome, anytime

as for the diesel... I had bought them with my savings when I was a poor college student (now I am not a college student anymore, but still poor:P ), and they are the ones I wore to come to the States 5 years ago! I probably shouldn't have thrown them away. Dunno, may be frame them?:blush:

Quick, go to the recycling centre, it's not too late to fetch them back:lol:

I like my denim dark.
Black washes, Dark Grey, sometimes white.
Tight, skinny, with creases in all the right places.
Oh, and I like my denim super long. 36" +, so I can ruffle it where I want too.

What is your Favorite pair of jeans?

What is you favorite pair of jeans? Are they Dior, Prada, Diesel.. True Religion? Mine are my Prada skinny jeans...

Definitely Chloe.

Seven For All Mankind also works really well for my shape, but Chloe is my love hands down.

jeans is like underwear to me..i have to get them in all shapes lols..
ma fav at the moment is da mango dark one for winter jeans..its bootcut n fits ma figure perfectly..ill recommened it for ppl who r curvey like me..

^_^

i want a true religion hjeans but they make me look HORRIBLE!! its so low and it makes me look like i have short legs which i dont =( i dont know if its because im wearing nike sneakers and it ruins the look or anuthing but gosh it makes me look horrible yet i love its deign! for now im sticking to rock and republic they are the best fitted jeans ever <3

em 692 said:
how do you wear your jeans? what are your favorites? what styles do you like? which brands? washes? what do you wear them with? heels?flats?sneakers?

*please don't use this thread to tell everyone what jeans are so "out" and what brands you "hate". it's okay to tell your opinion, but the whole point of the thread is really to talk about how you wear them, what kinds you like, etc...

Lowrise, Bootcuts, dark washes, ones with great pockets. I love wearing them with flats and pumps--closed toe shoes.

Brands.. paper denim mod, ag angel, and citizens kelly.

i wear all types of jeans. i have one pair that i can wear with anything . if i had to have one pair of jeans it would be them as they look good with heels and flats especially converse

i just cannot wear jeans... i love how people work with them... and look great in them... i really wish i can wear jeans and look stylish... but somehow i never find the right color or the right cut or i feel huge in them...

when i'm thinner, i like some cuts of diesel... they look good on me... seven's and citizen's make my hips larger than they actually are... levis is ok but their waist is never low enough and their sizing is different then that of diesel's or seven's... miss sixty's cuts are too small... even when i'm at my thinnest i still feel big in them... replay is great if you like the baggy but still fashionable look...

unfortunately, in my country we don't have such brands like true religion, hudson, pepper demin and cloth, frankie b. etc...

i'm also pear shaped with love handles, i have slightly larger thighs... i'm size 10 but sometimes i don't feel comfortable in size 32 jeans... of think that i look frumpy instead of cute and chic in jeans... i really could use some advice...

These days my fave jeans are Antik Denim.
I also have a pair of Rock & Republic that I forgot to wear (they were a gift and they're just a pain to get on, I guess I've gained a little weight :blush:)
I also like True Religion, but for some reason I haven't worn them on months. I'm also a fan of Yanuk jeans, they're so comfy :heart:

I <3 the A|X j101s, theyre just cut so amazingly and they fall so well

in general, i like lowrise/small rips/whiskers/faded/and i love bootcuts

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EthanY
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->