Angelina buys Ethiopia

Heroin_Chic

Reaction score
Angelina Jolie buying own country

angelina-jolie-imagenet1.jpg
Angelina Jolie is buying her own country to help impoverished Africans.
The 'Tomb Raider' star, who is currently pregnant with boyfriend Brad Pitt's child, is buying Richard Branson's man-made version of Ethiopia, located in Dubai.
The British business tycoon is having 300 country-shaped luxury island developments built, to form a map of the world.
And the 55-year-old entrepreneur is selling parts of the 'world' to anyone rich enough to afford them.
The 30-year-old actress, who is due to give birth early in May, is reportedly planning to turn her new purchase into a fair-trade paradise for hundreds of Africans.
A source said: "Angelina has been obsessed with Ethiopia ever since she adopted her second child Zahara from there. Her friends are very jealous of her purchase."

Source: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/Angelina+Jolie+buying+own+country-9537.html

:blink: Weird...so what`s she going to do? Re-locate starving and poor people, who suffered from drought in the desert to an artificial island in the arabian sea? Absurd...

J'aime_la_mode said:
I think it's cool!!

I think it`s one of those absurd Celebrity "Charity Stunts" that only help the Celeb`s PR...if she really wanted to help Ethiopians she should invest IN the Country - not in some artificial "Disney Land construct"!

if she really wanted to help Ethiopians she should invest IN the Country - not in some artificial "Disney Land construct"!
I agree...
although I don't understand for sure what she intends to do with this land she bought.

What annoys me is that most of these celebrities just talk, talk, talk; "we have to raise awarness, these people are dying". Yes, we have to raise awareness, and they are dying. And we should do something about it. So if I had that kind of money I'd really want to invest in these people, build an actual hospital, try and work with the government or some organizations to set up some system to provide them with food and medicine and habitation.
I know it's not as easy as it sounds but, hey, if you can buy a 5 million dollar mansion you can help to feed these people.

Eh. That's a bit schizophrenic. Buying an island shaped like a country...

But I'd buy the USA if I had the money to. :wink:

I'm actually happy for her. Obviously it's easier to buy Branson's Ethiopia than the real Ethiopia. And I'm sure, if she was able to, she would buy the real one.

I don't understand how anyone can be annoyed by Angelina Jolie. She's one of the few celebrities that actually does something.

Three cheers to Jolieland! lol

I find her to be scary, freaky, and a man-eater, but... I do believe that she has good intentions with the work she does and am pretty sure that unlike most celebs, she does not do it just because the cameras are watching (uh-hmmm, Jessica Simpson) (PS- She is going to eat Brad up and spit him out any day now!).

Heroin_Chic said:
The British business tycoon is having 300 country-shaped luxury island developments built, to form a map of the world.
And the 55-year-old entrepreneur is selling parts of the 'world' to anyone rich enough to afford them.

there's nothing angelina can do to surprize me anymore. i'm getting used to all the weirdness. but that businessman?? so he bought some land, had the brilliant idea to reproduce the map of the world and start selling 'countries'. i'm sure there are tons of bored filthy rich ppl who'd buy a pice of land to make another filthy rich man get even richer. what do they do with all these money?

^that's very true, but if i was one of the filthy rich ppl :smile:I'd do same:smile: I love dubai, and Angelina's idea is very gracefull, however absurd ...

StyleIsInUs said:
Angelina's idea is very gracefull, however absurd ...

whatever you try to sell there are always going to be buyers. to me the businessman's idea is more absurd

ug, she's such a dumb publicity sl*t.
I never brought her humanitarian schit. If you ever listen to her speeches at these supposed functions, she never says anything of substence, same old jumble everyone spews.
If you watch her on her documentaries in Africa trying to raise awareness, you realize she doesn't even understand any of the problems beyond the surface. You realize how often she tries to portray herself in such a great light.
If she was truly serious about helping out these countries, she would know there is more to solving the AIDS problem beyond 'this disease is bad and more people need to know about this crisis'
If she was truly serious about helping out Africa, she would be donating more than 5% of her salary to aid these impoverished nations. She would stay with the locals in their regular houses and use the money she spends on super pricey Kenyan resorts to help them.
If she was truly serious, she wouldn't buy a LUXURY island just because IT'S SHAPED LIKE ETHIOPIA. What an idiot, 'I like Ethiopia, they are 'selling' ethiopia, i'll take it!'
Yet, most of America has been bedazzled by her exotic trips, her lovelife and now thinks she's such great human being, a great martyr worthy of great admiration and imitation.
Frankly, I don't see anything worthy of praise about what she's doing. Shes done nothing extrordinary. Just because most of her peers are even more self centered and idiotic doesn't make her some saint.

I completely disagree. I think she's a good person and has good intentions... but that's just my opinion :flower:

i dont buy this angelina is such a down to earth wants to help people person either stuff. sure she walks around holding orphans and speaking to the UN, but she also rents penthouses in paris and walks around with louis vuitton bags. nothing wrong with it, but its definately contradictory to what she wants people to think of her as.

anyway, i dont see how this would help any ethiopeans. how would taking people out of their homes, putting them on a forgein island and having them make things good for them? really think about that, and then decide if you think its a good thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplesilversilversilver
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->