Libra Skye18

Reaction score
People Exclusive

Angelina Jolie Adopts a Daughter

Tuesday Jul 05, 2005 9:45pm EST
ajolie.jpg

Angelina Jolie and son Maddox
CREDIT: KARWAI TANG/ALPHA/GLOBE

Angelina Jolie is adopting her second child, a newborn Ethiopian baby orphaned by AIDS. “Her name is Zahara,” Jolie tells PEOPLE exclusively. Arrangements for the adoption are expected to be completed Wednesday.

The 30-year-old actress and U. N. activist says the girl's full name is Zahara Marley Jolie. Jolie won't divulge the child's age, weight or height, but she tells PEOPLE that she and Maddox, the 3-year-old son she adopted from a Cambodian orphanage in 2002, are "very happy to have a new addition to our family."

Jolie has often talked of adopting a second child. After a trip to Ethiopia earlier this year, Jolie said of Maddox: "My son is in love with Africa, so he has been asking for an African brother or sister."

"Angie's over the moon," a source close to the actress tells PEOPLE. "It's a dream come true. She's always wanted to extend her family."

As for rumors that Jolie and Brad Pitt are planning a family together, the source denies them. "This has nothing to do with her relationship with Brad Pitt. People are going to try to say it's about their relationship. But it's not. Angelina's adopting as a single mother, and she wants that emphasized."

http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1079776,00.html

Angelina Jolie sounds like a very caring genuine person...

Congrats. Angelina comes up with the coolest baby names.
Zahara Marley sounds great.
I wonder if she'll have a special style like Maddox and his mohawk.

aww, I'm so happy for her! and for Maddox to get a sister...

what an exotic family angelina for the mother, cambodian son and an ethiopian daughter. thats really good of her i know many people find it difficult to adopt and instyead opt for their own children but also these kids need the family love!!

I love Angelina Jolie.

She's such an extraordinary woman.

Good luck to her!:wink:

Aww Maddox has a little sister! How sweet. I bet he's happy to have a playmate. Good for Angie!

congrats to them! I think adopting isn't right for everyone but I am glad there are those who it is right for (Angelina)!

Even though I can't stand angelina, I have to give her props on her generosity to unfortunate children. She is one of the few celebs that take notice and actually take action against poverty and help out. Her daughter is adorable. Go girl!!

surferchica said:
Even though I can't stand angelina, I have to give her props on her generosity to unfortunate children. She is one of the few celebs that take notice and actually take action against poverty and help out. Her daughter is adorable. Go girl!!

I don't see the picture of her daughter, where is it?

Congrats Angelina!!! I adore her as an actress/celebrity. But I adore her even more as a mother/activist :heart:

^^ I thought it was the kid up at the top but that is maddox. And on another site it says that she adopted a little blond hair blue-eyed boy from russia not a girl. So I don't know who's source is right

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplesilversilversilver
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->