Anti Wrinkle / Aging Creams

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Seamless, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Gboy

Gboy New Member

hello everybody :wink: pls.......HELP
    i have one big problem ,i am skin care fanatic and I always dream of having a perfect skin .i am dooing everything to gett that perfect porcelan like skin.
    ...but i heard that if you dont care about you re skin in you re 20`s than you`ll have bad skin in you re 30`s and 40`s,so I decided to start using any good anti -winkle cream .is that ok if i start using tham creams in my age?I m 22 y.o ,and i have normal mixed skin( oily in areas )... :unsure:
    THANKS ALL.

2. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

There is no scientific proof (by impartial researchers) to show that any brands of anti-wrinkle cream have any significant effect on the ageing process...save up the money and pay for laser-resurfacing when you're thirty...

3. foxinthesnow

foxinthesnow Member

Actually, I think Retin-A is the only prove wrinkle reducer (even the barely in existence 22 year old variety). :unsure:

I'll try to dig up some information for you.

4. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

hello and welcome to FS Gboy :flower:
    22 is a bit too early for anti-age creams, anyway aging is just natural and inevitable, what matters is to age well :wink:

do search the forum for antiage creams, there are at least three topics on them here

5. foxinthesnow

foxinthesnow Member

"Topical agents such as Vitamins C&E are antioxidants and can provide powerful protection from free radical damage as well as lighten, tighten, and brighten photo-aged skin. Retin-A, and Renova, which is a more emollient form of Retin-A, are the only prescription drugs on the market approved by the FDA to call themselves a “anti-wrinkle” cream. They can correct pigmentation problems, improve acne, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, increase collagen production and thicken the skin. "

I just lost the link this came from. Blah.

It is not too early to use Retin A when you are young especially if you have some breakouts. At least that is my excuse! :blush:

6. PrinceOfCats

Yes, but was that research from the "We're not taking a backhander from Retin-A, oh no..." labs...?

7. foxinthesnow

foxinthesnow Member

Heyyyyy- :blush: the FDA rarely approves anything! :angry: Not even wonderful medicines available outside of the states... Maybe they do once they have beaten the issue to death with a stick and people have been suffering all along! :wacko:

I don't think the FDA is taking back payments from Ortho (the manufacturer)

8. lele

lele New Member

strivectin :smile:

9. Acid

Acid yes

i actually had some retin-a for my skin to help get rid of spots but it was just too drying and kinda stung.

anyway.......with the stuff that i had left over i thought i'd put it on any lines i had to see if it actually did anything.......it did absolutely NOTHING

10. PrinceOfCats

You're right, foxinthesnow. Renova by the same people as Retin-A is shown to cause slight to moderate improvement in fine-wrinkles over a six month period (and no longer than that) and the FDA believes the research. However, plenty of other countries have not verified that it works...

11. lele

lele New Member

i actually had some retin-a for my skin to help get rid of spots but it was just too drying and kinda stung.

anyway.......with the stuff that i had left over i thought i'd put it on any lines i had to see if it actually did anything.......it did absolutely NOTHING [/b][/quote]
    acid try the strivectin... it is really working for me and i think i am ten years older than you.... what lines do you even have???

12. Acid

Acid yes

i dont have any lines to be honest.......apart from tiny ones around my eyes which even 5 year olds have.

im just very aware of the aging process and like to experiment with anti-age things
    i sunbathed a HELL of a lot as a child and now i think it may catch up on my sooner than i think.....do u know where i can get a UV scan done to see how much photo damage i have?

13. PrinceOfCats

Heh, I have furrows on my forehead from frowning so often...I think they'll be so deep by the time I'm thirty that nothing'll get rid of them!

14. lele

lele New Member

gosh i remember once at neiman marcus they had a mirror - i think it was a line that had it .... and you could look in and see sun spots. I think dermatologists have them, possible.... have you asked yours? it is a light really that shows - like the one that photographer used on kate moss....

you are thinking about aging skin much earlier than i ever did so you are really doing well.... moisturize, moisturize, moisturize would be the best thing even if you think you are oily - do so at night.... and stay out of the sun. SO HARD!!!! i am a sun worshipper!!!!!!

15. lele

lele New Member

16. Plumour

Plumour New Member

I think at 22 it's a bit early to use those intensive anti aging/wrinkle treatments.
    may start them around 27?
    for now you can try the Dior No Age, it's more like a prevention and keeps your skin young and healthy.

17. lele

lele New Member

30 is the age to start treating wrinkles so "they say".... i'm 28 but I am starting now...... i dont think it is ever to early to care and treat for your skin though!

18. Gboy

Gboy New Member

...hmmm :wink:i`ve heard before about DIOR`s -No Age range,but i ll try to try it.(would you preffer buying the all range,or just something from it )?thx Miss Purple :flower:

19. locagrl814

locagrl814 New Member

Hi, i'm new to this forum. ANyway, I heard of Cellex-C. What do you guys think about it? Would you recommend it for those in their mid 20s? (Btw, i'm 24).

tnx

20. crazyfordior

crazyfordior New Member

Hi I suggest you to try H. Rubeinsten "Expressionist" cream, just for the first signs and lines from face expressions. It's not an antiageing cream for mature skins, just the first one to try when you're twentysomething.