Antwerp Royal Academy

totally Faust :magic:

plus in their sales ther is no upto50% off.......which means here 'only the crap stuff is 50% off because nobody will buy it'

in antwerp EVERYTHING is 70% off at sales :buzz: plus they have nice things on sale!

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Aug 14 2004, 12:03 AM
this is my problem i whant to go to studio bercot but i don't know much french, but i'm planing to take some time of before colleg and live with my friends in french, so hopefuly i will learn anof.
[snapback]331390[/snapback]​

clever choice of French school spacemiu :wink: :flower:

Originally posted by Acid@Aug 25 2004, 04:09 PM
totally Faust :magic:

plus in their sales ther is no  upto50% off.......which means here 'only the crap stuff is 50% off because nobody will buy it'

in antwerp EVERYTHING is 70% off at sales :buzz: plus they have nice things on sale!
[snapback]345181[/snapback]​

Now you are REALLY making me want to go. Next time I'm going to Paris (which always means that I'm going to Antwerp too) - I'll make sure it's sale season, so I can raid Ann's boutique (and Louis, and Dries, and Verso, and etc,etc,etc...)!

Louis and Verso :shock: stop stop Faust!!!!!
you're bringing back memories of helmut lang and balenciaga from 30 euros! :shock: unheard of here

Originally posted by Acid@Aug 25 2004, 04:31 PM
Louis and Verso :shock: stop stop Faust!!!!!
you're bringing back memories of helmut lang and balenciaga from 30 euros! :shock: unheard of here
[snapback]345200[/snapback]​

:lol: Well, I went there for Dirk Bikkimbergs whose first line is next to impossible to get in NYC. I can get HL cheap here B)

I just like everything about Antwerp - it's cozy, yet everything is in place, culture, fashion, beer, chocolate. It has a wonderful strip of modern architecture along the river, and plenty of old architecture. It has a decent night life, nothing like NYC, but I enjoyed Velvet Lounge and Little Buddha. It's a stone throw from Amsterdam, Paris, London. What else does one need? I wanna mooooooooooooove!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy, do you know if Dirk B. opened his store in Antwerp yet? I know Veronique Branqhuino was opening one last time I was there. Is Raf ever planning to open a store? His accessories are impossible to find!!!

Originally posted by Lena@Aug 25 2004, 02:15 PM
clever choice of French school spacemiu :wink: :flower:
[snapback]345187[/snapback]​
Thanks you, it seems like a very creative palce
it's some what small isn't it? i cna't find much information sadly

i dont think dirk has opened a store there yet.
i know he sponsors the guys who work at a club called hessenhuis there though.

ann dummelmummel whatever shes called has a nice store there
shame about the clothes :oops:

Originally posted by Acid@Aug 25 2004, 04:41 PM
i dont think dirk has opened a store there yet.
i know he sponsors the guys who work at a club called hessenhuis there though.

ann dummelmummel whatever shes called has a nice store there
shame about the clothes :oops:
[snapback]345216[/snapback]​

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, I like you but don't tread on Ann! She's the love of my life. Her store is cool, I loved the terranium with the doves, how crazy is that?!

Originally posted by faust@Aug 25 2004, 04:37 PM
:lol: Well, I went there for Dirk Bikkimbergs whose first line is next to impossible to get in NYC. I can get HL cheap here B)

I just like everything about Antwerp - it's cozy, yet everything is in place, culture, fashion, beer, chocolate. It has a wonderful strip of modern architecture along the river, and plenty of old architecture. It has a decent night life, nothing like NYC, but I enjoyed Velvet Lounge and Little Buddha. It's a stone throw from Amsterdam, Paris, London. What else does one need? I wanna mooooooooooooove!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy, do you know if Dirk B. opened his store in Antwerp yet? I know Veronique Branqhuino was opening one last time I was there. Is Raf ever planning to open a store? His accessories are impossible to find!!!
[snapback]345207[/snapback]​

Isn't Carol Chrisitan Poell is also from Antwerp.. love his stuff too.. so beautiful and poetic... When I was in Netherland I didn't have a chance to go to Antwerp.. I only bypass it while on my way from Airport to Amsterdam... I heard Antwerp is just amazing...

Faust.. as with NYC.. yeah.. seriously.. so *((*&( over-rated.. I found so much better places to hang out in Boston or Paris.... ugh... I am yet to find one good NYC club/place I like except the shopping.. but again.. yeah.. Dirk is hard to get in NYC.... except Century 21 :innocent: :yuk: :unsure: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ionn24@Aug 26 2004, 12:17 AM
Isn't Carol Chrisitan Poell is also from Antwerp.. love his stuff too.. so beautiful and poetic...
[snapback]345243[/snapback]​

I agree Poell makes beautiful clothes but he’s from Austria and not Antwerp, and I believe he graduated in Milan…

On another note I really want to go to Antwerp after reading all the recommendations here. :flower:

Originally posted by ionn24@Aug 25 2004, 05:17 PM
Faust.. as with NYC.. yeah.. seriously.. so *((*&( over-rated.. I found so much better places to hang out in Boston or Paris.... ugh... I am yet to find one good NYC club/place I like except the shopping.. but again.. yeah.. Dirk is hard to get in NYC.... except Century 21 :innocent: :yuk: :unsure: :rolleyes:
[snapback]345243[/snapback]​

In Century, second line only :(

There are awesome places to go out in NYC, it just depends on your tastes/preferences.

Boston <shudders>....

Originally posted by macchiom@Aug 26 2004, 04:58 AM
I agree Poell makes beautiful clothes but he’s from Austria and not Antwerp, and I believe he graduated in Milan…

On another note I really want to go to Antwerp after reading all the recommendations here. :flower:
[snapback]345788[/snapback]​

Where are you located?

Originally posted by macchiom@Aug 26 2004, 04:36 PM
Denmark
[snapback]346420[/snapback]​

Ah, nice, not that far from Antwerp. I :heart: Copenhagen.

Originally posted by faust@Aug 26 2004, 11:38 PM
Ah, nice, not that far from Antwerp. I :heart: Copenhagen.
[snapback]346425[/snapback]​

No it’s not that far from Antwerp. But as a student without a car it’s a little complicated to get there…

Copenhagen is great but so is my hometown Århus. It’s the second biggest city in Denmark but we’re only about 300.000 (300,000) inhabitants (many of them students) and everything is practically in walking distance. If you don’t know it, feel free to take a look at http://www.visitaarhus.com/ :flower:

And to stop sounding like a commercial :angel: , I should add that it sometimes tends to be a little too provincial here, and the shopping unfortunately lets a lot to be desired.

Acid,you're right about the shopping in Antwerpen. I couldn't believe I bought so much for so little. And I was there during sale time too! The only problem however,is that one sometimes can't find alot in their sizes. But even the stuff not on sale isn't as expensive as other cities....of course I was buying alot of Belgian designers too.

Hogeschool btw,is actually the school board of all the design/art schools in Antwerp,if I'm not mistaken. Flanders Fashion Institute is really the specific name of the school itself which is part of ModeNatie on Nationalestraat.

Originally posted by faust@Aug 25 2004, 04:37 PM

[snapback]345207[/snapback]​

Dirk hasnt opend one yet , and Raf Simons you can find at the best dealer in antwerp :smile: "Louie" they sell a lot of belgian designer clothes

yeah,Louis is the first shop to carry all the Belgians. Used to be only Belgian designers there before Gert Bruloot(former owner) turned it over somebody else. Now its not so exclusive anymore with Rick Owens and Balenciaga there. Its still,however,the best for Belgian designers.

Btw,Wim Neels,perhaps the most discreet of the Belgians has a new shop in Antwerp too. He opened his a month or two before Veronique.

I just wanted to make a point about the school. I think if the other schools like St. Martin's and Parsons were to take some tips from the Belgian way of teaching,I think we'd see more balance in alot of designer's collections. Too often,its one-sided--in NY its too commercial and in London its too creative. If those schools can find a way to teach the art of being creative and still producing good, solid,quality collections,we'd see an upsurge in the talents. Plus,more continuity in fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->