Argentina Street Style

i just stumbled on to this thread... and now i cant stop singing (from evita) "What's up!? buenos aires?"

I dont think of bonaerenses or argentinians as latinamerican ... their cities are very much european-like as well as their appearance ... esp. the italian influence is VERY strong... :wink:

Most of my friends are a bit baffled by the fact that argentinian men has this just-rolled-out-of-bed look with their hair ... which seems to be the rule. :P

About style ... most of them are beautiful, but I prefer brazilian designers much more. (what's the name of that designer who shows in Bariloche who knocks off Dior and other designers season after season? Giordano?) :sick:

^ Roberto Giordano's a hair stylist that has been doing these big runway shows for a while now. they used to be cool and fun to watch, but now i think it jst bored people. there weren't much hair styles to see anyways, just women half naked.

ultramarine said:
I dont think of bonaerenses or argentinians as latinamerican ... their cities are very much european-like as well as their appearance ... esp. the italian influence is VERY strong... :wink:

Most of my friends are a bit baffled by the fact that argentinian men has this just-rolled-out-of-bed look with their hair ... which seems to be the rule. :P

About style ... most of them are beautiful, but I prefer brazilian designers much more. (what's the name of that designer who shows in Bariloche who knocks off Dior and other designers season after season? Giordano?) :sick:

:huh:

that's a rather surprising thought considering you're latin american and you're obviously aware it's not all ruffles, huge *** and red dresses anywhere you look at it, we're pretty alike in social standards but we also have variety in races, tastes and influences.

anyway, i love argentina, they're far from the heart of america and as ironic as it is, europe seems more on their reach as a point of reference but i guess it's that combination of gathering both american and european elements what makes them very latin americans...not 100% europenized whatsoever.

*im using america/n as the real term. nothing to do with one country in particular. :innocent:

una onda re buena!!

actually I don't think the style is like european's the influence of italy comes differently it comes in the city and physic but the style is different

argentina has one of the best styles in the world when I go to countrys that's the first thing I notice on a person and yeah argentina is at the top 5 totally

B.A and Punta del este ...Christmas in Argentina I can't wait!

are we looking at streetstyle shots or pics from a very blonde model's fotolog? :P

those flogs are from Mia one of them , is my brother friends...she has 16! lol

MulletProof said:
:huh:
that's a rather surprising thought considering you're latin american and you're obviously aware it's not all ruffles, huge *** and red dresses anywhere you look at it, we're pretty alike in social standards but we also have variety in races, tastes and influences.
*im using america/n as the real term. nothing to do with one country in particular. :innocent:

Hum ... argentinians ARE latinamerican ... I said that in my opinion they do not represent the vast majority or the highest percentage or "the average one" ... they are apart from us ... I know there are countries where the indigenous tribes were swept and there was no mix almost at all ... opposite some countries like Bolivia where most of the population is native american ... you'll have to admit that there's a very strong native american -and black- influence in most of the latinamerican countries which doesnt happen in Argentina ... that's why I think that way ... Argentinians have a VERY rich culture in spite of being more "europeized" than other latinamerican countries ... They sip on "mate", elevated bbq to an art, gave us world renown writers and musicians and atheletes and they have their very own particular accent!

I dunno if its because I live in the middle of the America's ... but in here ... most countries are much more homogeneous (sp?)

ultramarine said:

portenos ~

there was a whole page dedicated to buenos aires streetstyle in american or british glamour - photos were meh tho

The "argentinian scene kid" look (as you call it) was pretty interesting, now it's like an uniform: Vintage style sunglasses, Rapsodia jeans, A.Y Not Dead shirts and Converse All Star shoes... :angry:
It looks cool, but it turned just plain bored.

Anyway, AYND clothes are SO hot :rolleyes:

Good work all posters!

I will be going to Buenos Aires for a couple of weeks around November and need all sorts of clues to what the place is about (stylswise). Please continue posting pictures. "Homemade" street snaps are the most fun and telling, but snatches from other webpages also work.

Seeing how there are mostly kids and gorge old ladies posted so far; how do twentysomethings dress?

Thanks for your posts!

i like this pic i took it from fotolog.com
1155096658_f.jpg

annelein said:
Seeing how there are mostly kids and gorge old ladies posted so far; how do twentysomethings dress?

yes please!

enough with the emo kids

Are family goes to Buenos Aires every summer. I didn't go this year, but my sister just came back and here are some pics.

She's on the left
She's a babe!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't like the 80's look of those kids, it's too contrived and very un-original. But I guess it's a trend that won't go away at least for now. It's been going strong and steady for the past five years among the hipsters here in Rio.

On a side note, God how I miss Buenos Aires! :cry:

want.2B.bones, none of your pics are showing, you need to upload them at a photo hosting site like imageshack or photobucket.com, either that or post them as attachments in the additional options box, as seen here.

also, when posting, please dont forget to list the source where you took the images from. otherwise they'll be removed in a matter of time.

see TFS Guidelines for more information, please. :flower:

now if i'm allowed to comment, the fotolog pic looks like an advertisement for fido the hairdresser. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->