Astrology and personal style

^Yes true for me anyway as a Libran. I was a musician for some time until I decided to change careers. Now I'm a lawyer which is also another job that crops up a lot for Librans. Given that in my chart (below) Mars is in Leo, I think that very much fits in with the flamboyant side of my personality that thrives on getting up and performing either in court or on stage - a lot of musicians/actors/comedians are former lawyers and vice versa, I wonder what their astrological charts look like, haha.

As for personal style, well I don't know, how very Libran of me. I detest too many frills, ruffles, busy prints etc and "prettiness" seems to be a very big Libran thing (and I have sun and Venus in Libra) so perhaps I am more influenced by my Capricorn ascendant or Moon in Taurus. I prefer to wear neutrals and keeping frills etc to a minimum. Although I do admit I am a supremely irritating aesthete.

planet sign degree motion

Sun Libra 14°09'30 in house 10 direct
Moon Taurus 14°41'24 in house 5 direct
Mercury Scorpio 1°18'53 end of house 10 direct
Venus Libra 25°48'34 in house 10 direct
Mars Leo 7°42'56 in house 8 direct
Jupiter Virgo 1°39'03 in house 9 direct
Saturn Virgo 20°38'15 in house 9 direct
Uranus Scorpio 19°05'30 in house 11 direct
Neptune Sagittarius 18°07'22 in house 12 direct
Pluto Libra 18°56'12 in house 10 direct
True Node Virgo 7°58'31 in house 9 retrograde

House positions (Placidus)
Ascendant Capricorn 14°14'36
2nd House Aquarius 4°36'09
3rd House Aquarius 27°36'01
Imum Coeli Pisces 26°13'50
5th House Taurus 1°54'55
6th House Gemini 10°20'23
Descendant Cancer 14°14'36
8th House Leo 4°36'09
9th House Leo 27°36'01
Medium Coeli Virgo 26°13'50
11th House Scorpio 1°54'55
12th House Sagittarius 10°20'23

As for personal style, well I don't know, how very Libran of me. I detest too many frills, ruffles, busy prints etc and "prettiness" seems to be a very big Libran thing (and I have sun and Venus in Libra) so perhaps I am more influenced by my Capricorn ascendant or Moon in Taurus. I prefer to wear neutrals and keeping frills etc to a minimum. Although I do admit I am a supremely irritating aesthete.
that's exactly like another Libra I know:o
same kinds of words coming out of that mouth

can be a bit unbearable tbf

^ How interesting what you say about Libras being lawyers .... my brother is both. The scales of justice I guess ...

With Moon in Taurus I would think you might be into private luxuries ... such as lovely things for the bath.

what kind of interest in fashion?
shopping, analysing, designing..?

Mostly styling and paying attention to what's going on with the designer collections and celebritystyle/streetstyle as well as fashion magazines not so much in designing in themselves but having a style as well as still being fashionable.:flower:

I noticed that a lot of sites say Libras are artistic and have very good since of style..the 1s that I know live up to that..they say we become artist or designers and even musicians and actors

I've spent much time with two libras.On character they have nothing in common.In terms of style they both have a distinct one although very different from one another and not really trendy.As far as artistic goes well the one is practising music and the other aspired to be an architect so I guess it's pretty self-explanatory...
(and that was a long post just to tell you that I pretty much agree with you:blush:)

^lol

i dont really understand the latitude and longitude of the moons and planets and our signs..i guess I would have to read more about it

^ Do you mean the degrees? I find them a bit esoteric, and feel they're best left to the pros ...

Great Thread.

Mine ~

Sun in Libra, Moon in Scorpio • Ascendant in Cancer, Moon in the Fifth House • Sun in the Fourth House • Venus in the Fourth House • Saturn in the Fourth House • Moon in the Fifth House

Astrology.com helped me better understand my reading.

Link (pertaining to the planets, houses et cetera): http://www.astrology.com/aboutastrology/interpreting/planets/

As for my sign Libra (doh! ^_^) I do agree that the majority of us do seek out creative ventures. I've been designing many of my own clothes since my tween years and fashion is still of course one of my major loves.

Many sites who speak about Libra's style do tend to mention romantic overtones et cetera and while I do not mind those things my style isn't rutted in pastels and all things that bloom. Yes. I love to be surrounded by beautiful things (who doesn't?) but my perception of beauty isn't always whats expected of a Libra.

^ I dunno, this country anyway seems to be chockful of people who don't care about being surrounded by beautiful things :huh:

I too have Saturn in the 4th ... you've got a loaded 4th :wink:

or even know what a beautiful thing is ^ :shock: lol
even more shocking.

Hmm...I haven't ran across many who choose to not have aesthetically pleasing things surrounding them- be it in the home, on their body et cetera.

Of course as I said what I might find beautiful isn't always the norm of what is expected of a Libra. No different than those who I hang around who see beauty in a different light.

^ I grew up in the Midwest & there was no shortage of aesthetically challenged people :ninja: Where I live now is somewhat better, but overall ... McMansions, for instance, I find hideous. And they dot the landscape here :innocent:

With Moon in Taurus I would think you might be into private luxuries ... such as lovely things for the bath.

You're totally on the money with that one! :heart: I love bubble bath, bath oils, bath bombs etc. Though these days with the drought in Australia I feel guilty having baths.

@ gius: :lol: I irritate myself with how much I like things to look a certain way, let alone how much it pisses off other people.

Fantastic thread, I always had an interest in astrology when I was younger but never understood the more complicated aspects - this has given me something new to learn which is great.

sun:Pisces
rising:scorpio
moon: aquarius (in 3rd house )
venus: capricorn (in 2nd house)
mars & pluto: libra (in 11th house)

what kind of combination is this?:>

Sun in Cancer, Moon in Aquarius Ascendant in Taurus, Venus in the Fourth House Mars Conjunct Ascendant Sun in the Fourth House Venus in the Fourth House Pluto Opposition Ascendant Moon in the Eleventh House Saturn in the Eleventh House

I cannot really identify with some of the Cancer attributes (e.g. familial, stay-at-home, maternal) and I have to say that I'm not very pleased to be considered 'slow' (ascendent in Taurus), but overall, the description fits my personality quite well.

^ Maybe cross out slow and replace with steady? :wink:

Sun and Venus in the 4th is nice ... do you like to decorate?

^ Yes, I've known many intelligent Tauruses.

It's the fixed Earth sign, so it's the opposite end of the spectrum from the mutable Air sign, Gemini.

I've noticed that frequently when people have had the same job for 20 years, they're a fixed sign. Not always ... and then I suspect that if I could see their whole chart, I'd find Mars in a fixed sign, or something similar :wink: It's related to your appetite for change.

Leo is the fixed Fire sign, and I do like change of some kinds, but I really hate to move, for example.

I'm sure you've heard mercurial ... which refers to Mercury, which creates a restless energy. Taurus is the opposite of that ... and no bad thing in my book :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sun and Venus in the 4th is nice ... do you like to decorate?
I do! I love all the Venus characteristics - beauty, love, likes beautiful environments, social life, possibility to gain and prosper.

I doubt they mean slow as in dumb. :wink:
I know. :smile: I was thinking slow as in completing tasks/doing things slowly, taking up a lot of time, never breaking your patterns etc.

Steady sounds a lot better, but I still think I verge more on mercurial, as you put it, fashionista-ta. I'm actually rather moody and unfortanutely, I'm sure a lot of people who know me would agree on that. :innocent:

maybe the slowness also means slightly introverted
taking in too much at one time, some people can handle or even thrive on that, where others will fall apart/become overstimulated. it's easy to get overstimulated as an introvert-- to others, it sometimes shows as a sign of being slow or aloof
myself i love to stay focused and give all my energy to one thing at a time

^ Yes, I've known many intelligent Tauruses.

It's the fixed Earth sign, so it's the opposite end of the spectrum from the mutable Air sign, Gemini.

I've noticed that frequently when people have had the same job for 20 years, they're a fixed sign. Not always ... and then I suspect that if I could see their whole chart, I'd find Mars in a fixed sign, or something similar :wink: It's related to your appetite for change.

Leo is the fixed Fire sign, and I do like change of some kinds, but I really hate to move, for example.

I'm sure you've heard mercurial ... which refers to Mercury, which creates a restless energy. Taurus is the opposite of that ... and no bad thing in my book :wink:
so fixed means you don't like change
and mutable means you like change? i'm mutable earth ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dezzar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->