At what age did you start getting into fashion?

For me, it was 11. Before 11, I wore clothes that make me gag now - I cant stand looking at old photos of me for this very reason. When I was 11, I was out shopping with my friend and she bought a Ralph Lauren polo. I thought it looked awesome on her so I went and spent the money (I thought that it was a lot of money to spend on a top, but now its relatively cheap!) and I loved that top so much. I loved how it made me look, and then I started buying more and more expensive things. I've only really got into the deeper side of fashion (how the industry works etc..) recently though.

As soon as I could! Fashion for me is far, far beyond the art of dressing my own body - it's the art, architecture, landscape, photography, dance, stage, song, athleticism, aesthetics... it is my fascination with creativity and it began so long ago, I can't recall.

I remember being very interested in color and fabric when I was about 3 ...

At age two I enjoyed dressing as my favorite Disney character, Minnie Mouse - my favorite outfit was a red dress with white polka dots from Target, paired with white tights and black shoes decorated with Minnie's face. And, of course, a bow on the top of my head. :P

Just imagine how excited I was when, also at age two, my family visited Disneyland for the first time! I was decked out from head to toe in Disney apparel.

I remember now, when i was 15 for sure, i was al chubby and with no sense of style before i was 15...

^ I hardly knew what clothes were when I was fifteen.
I allowed myself to wear polyblend for god sake.

But i've been interested in fashion since I was like, minus six years old.
I probably still have those drawings somewhere of the ladies with the spherically-puffed shoulders (a la Snow White) drawn in felt tip.

But I seriously became interested like......... two years ago? Sixteen +?

At age two I enjoyed dressing as my favorite Disney character, Minnie Mouse - my favorite outfit was a red dress with white polka dots from Target, paired with white tights and black shoes decorated with Minnie's face. And, of course, a bow on the top of my head. :P

See what I mean? This is me at age two. :wink:

mickeymefu7.jpg

My picture

Pfew....it's not so long ago. It was quite in the middle of my 15th year of living (and I turned 16 two months ago)....maybe a 3/4 year ago I started to get interested in fashion. Before I didn't at all. I mean, I've never wanted to wear what everyone else does (although I don't think you can really avoid it these days) and I still don't want to these days, but I'm far more interested in what's coming up considering fashion in the next time, say in this case, next fall (and they have some really great garments out there!) and what I also have realised is that I more make up my mind about what I want to have. Shoes, Hats, Scarves, Coats, etc.
I'm satisfied with the way I look at fashion. I love fashion!

3... i was doing 'catwalk' around the flat and was all like 'i am going to be a model'...

I was 13 when I got interested in high fashion. But of course I've always loved dressing up and watching fashion shows and stuff.

I was probably 15 or 16 when I joined TFS and that was beginning of me falling in love with fashion, clothes and spending the money, lol.

I believe I was in the 4th grade. I was already following the wide-leg jeans trend.

fashion was a constant for me but it's only now that i've really felt comfortable with my style

I got big into fashion at about 10. "The Trinity" were on every magazine cover and I could tune into Cindy Crawford on "House of Style" on MTV. There were fashion shows on just about every station, VH1, E!, and quite a few others. It was hard not to be into fashion in the early 90's, it was incorporated into every aspect of our culture and "supermodels" ran the show. Oh how I long for the days when Linda Evengelista didn't wake up for less than $10,000 a day.

i got into serious fashion around age 15 because i got a free trial of Fashion Television. but i was interested in dressing up and being interested in clothes around age 12 and starting to know some of the obvious big designer names until when i was 15 which is when i seriously considered fashion and filled myself with knowledge on designers and historical fashion and trends and even business and political fashion.

but my mom says i was always into clothes since i was young to her friends and such but im not sure if that's true. maybe i was but i was definitely not conscious of it since i dont remember it

Well I always liked wearing dresses and party shoes when I was little. I grew up watching fashion shows, which I started watching at some point in my later childhood. I started developing the taste in clothing I have now since a couple of years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->