twitter / jessicamichault

Last edited by a moderator:
251273268.jpg

Twitter @JessicaMichault

HQs

nowfashion

I'm not liking anything except for the knits.Are those leather knits??
I'll wait to see everything until giving a final valid opinion.
I'm unsure about the lenght of the skirts & I hate the prints,too.

This looks really Dries Van Noten to me ... and not Ghesquière...

HQs

Nowfashion

This is so mediocre for Ghesquire. Though the cuts and the shapes are really interesting, there's a lack of imagination. The collection has all the right elements: interesting fabrics, asymmetrical shapes and loads of space for cool shapes and angles. But it just didn't come out right.

sry guys these images are not in the order of the show

I think i need to see these clothes in motion because this collections was lacking

Is it just me or does this feel a bit recycled? Its a bit "Best Of" in terms of design and it feels, for the first time, without direction. Usually he has such a distinct and directional message about his Balenciaga woman / aesthetic with each season. Last season it was going somewhere punk. What exactly is he saying here with this collection?

Disappointed. Was expecting much more from him after such a strong Milan season.

this looks almost too dismal for Balenciaga. it is still very much identifiably Balenciaga, and it has all the usual elements of technostreetwear and punk futurism that Nicolas so vividly exploited back in SS2011 but somehow i just feel like it lacks the spirit. again i love the usual play on fabrics and how he intermixed leather and that mesh thing on some of the pieces; i'm sure there will be astounding details. and there were some really lovely coats and jackets in this one. but whereas SS2011 was a bit too hip to digest, this is a most somber counterpart for a progression from that direction. forced wearability, too much maturity in a span of 6months.. i guess sales needed to be improved?

btw lol this collection looks nothing like Dries. it lacks his trademark dynamic prints and euroethnicity. and correct me if i'm wrong but i think nowfashion missed the look in the first post? :ninja:

oh no, I don't usually get this disappointed with balenciaga :unsure: some looks are nice, I like how he worked with zippers (for example, arizona's look) but that does indeed feel recycled.
i can already see this jacket in every magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->