Balenciaga F/W 11.12 Paris

I am responding more favorably to this than the SS2011 collection;

There was nothing mindblowingly fresh in the collection and in fact there are quite a few echoes from previous collections, and I'm OK with that;

Overall the shoes are hit and miss, but of the shoes that are hits I really like;

I have to admit that the repetitiveness thing that got my dander up last season is still present, but it does not bug me as much probably because I like this collection better, but I am still going to ding Ghesquiere for the repetition;

I am not a fan of the styling, although admittedly it did not bring the collection down but it did not elevate it either; not that I was hankering to see it recurring, but what's up with only some models having the mask like eye make up?

Some garments had construction issues, so that too is a ding.

it's a mix of previous two collections, but I love it for no reason :lol::blush:
I guess it's because fall 2010 got me overwhelmed, when I see those puffy stuff back again, just ECSTASY.:P

Those buckle shoes remind me of Fall 2007 Chanel

2iu59pg.jpg

style.com

So much better than last season but there's still little repetition going on :/ At least it's repetition of converted amazing, similar looking pieces and not wacky, same looking pieces :heart:
The shoes are lovely

Those buckle shoes remind me of Fall 2007 Chanel

style.com

lol i was just about to post this. i guess the heel will be crazy-insane but they look exactly the same from the front

the collection confuses me.

I am not seeing what's so bad about this. This collection is sensible enough to wear on the street, but particular enough to make a statement. There seems to be a type of japanese/samurai feeling to the cuts and prints which is lovely I think ! There's a lot to be purchased here.

While it does not quite push things into another stratosphere, it's a win for everyone: the suits want something sellable, the stores want to sell this, the buyers want to buy, and Ghesquière did not lose any of his creativity or credibility with this.

i was so excited for this collection and i'm so disappointed. yes its sensible but it isn't what we expect when we think 'Balenciaga'. it's sensible and boring. :(

hmmm i do like the shoes, not so much the outerwear, and i like the surprise of the lining on the inside of the printed skirts. still not loving it as a whole though.

The stripe shirts are see-through? Seems like something out of an international male catalog... :(

Very unimaginative for Ghesquiere. It makes sense and the flow of the collection is solid but the actual pieces are very mediocre. I actually thought he was going to be especially strong this season...

I'm really in love with this.

I absolutely love the sweater looks with the longer skirts. To me, this feels like a true mix of Balenciaga from a few years ago and the new direction Nicholas has been taking the house since that period.

Not a stellar collection this season unfortunatly. It does follow the typical 'Ghesquiere' Balenciaga silhouette but its very basic. I'm sure the collection is more focused on the technically brillant fabrics and construction, as usual with Balenciaga, but on the whole not very stimulating. Also I would have to disagree with other users who say its abit Dries Van Noten-ish because Dries has an entirely different aesthetic.

well i like this. it does seems like a mix between old and new balenciaga, and still it's a coherent collection imo. it's not as strong a statement as last season, it's softer and easier to digest, which, for me, aren't necessarily bad characteristics in a well done collection. i'm in love with the 16th look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->