Balenciaga S/S 2010 : Iselin, Lisanne, Mirte and Patricia by Steven Meisel

Love the new shot, the outfits are beyond amazing, cant wait to have the full set on my walls!:heart:

after seeing iselin as the star of the new shot i'm starting to see it differently. it looks so much better, i do actually like it a lot.

Good concept meets poor execution. Sad!

I belive it would be better if the photograher was Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin,

I like the second shot...it's nice to see how well the faces of Mirte, Patricia and Iselin go together. They really compliment each other. Makes me prefer this without Lisanne actually...I don't think she'd fit in?

the darker version is better but in general, i don't like this at all. it looks like it could have been bad collage out of nylon mag. or something.

better in print

having received my copy of february's elle this evening, i must admit the second shot in this campaign comes out much better in print. while i still feel this campaign has an amateur quality about it, it doesn't nearly look as bad when blown up against a two page back drop.

No. This is just way too awkward, stiff and lifeless.

Is that Lisanne in the last picture? She looks bad, why use her at all. This campaign served to make me like the clothes more than I already did, which is an achievement. The first shot with Patricia enlarged and the eyewear shot are the best...although I'm not really into the whole aesthetic of it, it's a nice campaign that I'll look forward to seeing in print.

But I have to say Mirte isn't looking all that good here and Iselin is underused compared with the others.

The only thing I like about this is that it follows Ghesquière's way of presenting the garments, like when he presents them on the runway. It follows a logical order.

Aside from that, this is just... blatantly boring and insipid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh so Lisanne appears after all :clap: Why use her for only one shot? It's like Jourdan for cK last season all over again :lol: As I said in my previous post though, the faces of Patricia, Mirte and Iselin really compliment each other very well and Lisanne's is so much more different, that she doesn't fit as well as I'd like her to...ah well, still nice to see her.

Now I see Lisanne in the campaign I can totally understand why they only used her once.

Patricia is killing it, she's much better than I expected, especially in the eyewear shot.

having seen the full campaign, i will say at least he's concentrated on actually selling something with these ads and not just pushing a concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew637
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->