Best Models In The World. And From Which Country?

genevere

Reaction score
Ok, I remember there was another poll like that, but that was about models from Europe and the list of the countries wasnt complete.. So I made this poll :blush:
Its a really interesting for me to know your opinion guys :P
I myself voted for Russia, cos my fav models are Russians (Ksenia M. Anne V.)
It would be also great if you ll write what do you think about models from these countries.
At the second place Ill put Sweden, cos I love Caroline Winberg sooo much :P
French models.. I used to like Aurelie, but now.. I dont think that France have a good models at the moment.
Italian models are also very nice, esp Maria Carla.
American models.. hmm.. there were no American model ever which I could like.
Estonian models are boring, I dont really know about what all this stuff around Tiiu and Carmen, I was in Estonia and saw much prettier girls on the streets.
Dont like Belgium models either.. I mean, maybe Anouk is ok, but others.. hm.. no.
Also don’t like England :(
Brazilian models are mostly beautiful, esp Isabeli. Im so sick with Gisele though.
I never liked Australian models.. don’t know why.. I think there are something very annoying about Erin Wasson and Gema Ward.
Spanish models.. my fav is Eugenia Silva. I think she`s very beautiful, though she`s not on the runways.
Czech models.. the same thing like with Estonia. They are boring. And Karoline looks like a p*rn star or like Paris Hilton :blush: all in all, Hana Soukoupova and Linda Vojtova are a bit preattier, but not much.
Germany.. well Nadia and Claudia are a history. I really like Julia Stegner, one of my fav models now.
I never liked Daria and Linda.. but Jessica Stam is beautiful.
Netherlands.. I still think that Rian is the most ugly model I ever saw, but Dewi is veryyyy beautiful. Ah well.. thats what I think anyway :blush:

I actually have my favourite from each country.

Italy: MariaCarla for sure, I :heart: that girl
Netherlands: Dewi :heart:
U.S.A :Angela Lindvall
Estonia: Tiiu
Russia: Eugenia Volodina
Belgium:Anouck Lepere
Sweden : That Anne Catherine girl, she's from Sweden, am I right ?
England: Kate Moss, been around a long time though
Brazil: Omahyra Mota :P
Australia: Definitely Gemma Ward
Spain: My mind is a blank.
Czech Republic: Polina Kouklina(or is she Russian?)
Germany: Julia Stegner
Canada: Daria Werbowy
France: can't think

I've got too much time ! :ninja:

Originally posted by MiuMiu@Sep 10 2004, 12:23 PM
Where's Denmark? :huh:
[snapback]362163[/snapback]​

Right here:

dk-map.png

Brazil... wow! whenever i watch sao paul fashion week, i get depressed!ana Beatriz and isabeli fontana are only to name name a few...they are my favorite models as well as my inspiration! they have stunning figures which are thin, but healthy and toned with the most beauitul faultless faces!!! im jealous!! hehe! go Brazil! also michelle alves! sigh!
hmmm... jessica miller from America is also naturally stunning!

Originally posted by MiuMiu@Sep 10 2004, 06:23 PM
Where's Denmark? :huh:
[snapback]362163[/snapback]​

:o seriously? Sorry, but I was kind of surprised you didn't know that....but no offense ment :flower:

Well, comming from Holland I SHOULD be saying Holland offcourse :P But I won't....I vote.....Ohhh dear I have no idea where all those eastern European girls come from.....Czech Rep., Russia....hmmm I don't know.....Ok so I'll pic Holland :P

Brazil is my fav too - they have two supermuses - Liliane F and Jeisa. They have several drop dead gorgeous bombshells - Gisele, Adriana Lima and Ana BB. They have US Vogue fav Caroline T. They're the best :smile: They have some pretty terrible ones too though...Leticia B, Mariana W and Ana Hickman (beautiful but somehow repulsively cold) to mention a few.

Actually, genevere, Erin Wasson is from Dallas, in the U.S.A., not from Australia. ^_^ Anyway, I picked the U.S. because Erin is one of my favorite models, and I didn't know which country Hana was from. An extremely close second would be Brazil.

cant choose otherwise i think its ethiopia, somalia, south america and eastern europe

Originally posted by nycgirl84@Sep 10 2004, 03:11 PM
Actually, genevere, Erin Wasson is from Dallas, in the U.S.A., not from Australia. ^_^ Anyway, I picked the U.S. because Erin is one of my favorite models, and I didn't know which country Hana was from. An extremely close second would be Brazil.
[snapback]362411[/snapback]​

i'm pretty sure hana is from czech republic :wink:

haven't decided what to vote yet.

Originally posted by Atelier+Sep 10 2004, 11:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Atelier @ Sep 10 2004, 11:26 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Right here:

dk-map.png

[snapback]362171[/snapback]​
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Mr-Dale
@Sep 10 2004, 02:10 PM
:o seriously? Sorry, but I was kind of surprised you didn't know that....but no offense ment :flower:

Well, comming from Holland I SHOULD be saying Holland offcourse :P But I won't....I vote.....Ohhh dear I have no idea where all those eastern European girls come from.....Czech Rep., Russia....hmmm I don't know.....Ok so I'll pic Holland :P
[snapback]362360[/snapback]​
[/quote]

oh, didn't notice your posts before now. i'm not really getting if you're being ironic or what (esp. atelier), since miu miu actually IS from denmark. i think she just meant she didn't understand why dk wasn't on the list :wink: actually, neither do i. we have and have had really good models.

I voted Russia, but Brazil is a good one also.

Italy: Eva Ricobono
Netherlands: Suzanne Pots! (L)
U.S.A: Jessica Miller
Estonia: Tiiu...
Russia: Valentina, Eugenia, Natalia, Olga K, Tatiana Z, Maria N, Polina K...etc(L)(L)
Belgium: Delphine...
Sweden: Mini anden
England: Liberty Ross and Kate Moss
Brazil: Fernanda Tavares (L)
Australia: Gemma Ward...
Spain: Minerva Portillo and Nuria de la Fuente
Czech republic: Linda Vojtova and Petra Nemcova
Gernmnay: Nadja Auermann!
Canada: Linda Evangelista
France: Laetitia Casta

And Ukraine!!! Milla Jovovich(L:()

Of course Brazil :heart: , a lot of my favorite models are from there : Gisele, Isabeli, Caroline R, Caroline T, Cintia, Jeisa, Raquel, Leticia, Ana Claudia............
In the second place Russia.

Originally posted by Mettchen@Sep 10 2004, 10:38 PM
oh, didn't notice your posts before now. i'm not really getting if you're being ironic or what (esp. atelier), since miu miu actually IS from denmark. i think she just meant she didn't understand why dk wasn't on the list :wink: actually, neither do i. we have and have had really good models.
[snapback]362450[/snapback]​

Finally :flower: Thanks Mettchen :smile: Of course I meant why we aren't at the list!

I voted for Russia, because I like a lot of models that come from Russia :flower:

France: Aurelie Claudel
Italy: Maria Carla
U.S.A: Angela Lindvall / Erin Wasson
Estonia: Tiiu Kuik
Russia: Anne V/ Ksenia Maximova/ Katja S/ Dasha Tchernova/ Polina Kouklina/ Natasha Pola
Belgium: Elise Crombez
Sweden: Caroline Winberg
England: Kate Moss / Lily D.
Brazil: Adriana Lima
Australia: Gemma Ward
Spain: Vanessa Lorenzo
Czech Republic: Hana Soukupova
Germany: Julia Stegner/ Luca Gadjus
Canada: Daria Werbowy / Lisa Cant / Heather Marks
Netherlands (Holland:( Dewi Driegen

Favourites from other countries:
Ukraine: Tatiana
Latvia: Ilze Bajare
Lithuania: Dovile Virsiliate
Romania: Diana Dondoe
Croatia: Mateja
India: Ujjwala Raut
Ireland: Caitriona Balfe
Sudan: Alek Wek
Ethiopia: Liya Kebede
Dominican Republic: Ohmayra Mota
Moldova: Kat
Poland: Anna Maria J.

I don't think you can really categorise models according to their country of origin - they're all unique, with different things to offer.

However, I voted for England, for Kate Moss and Karen Elson, beautiful women with personality. :heart:

I can't chose which is my favourite country overall but can choose my favourite models from each of the countries-

USA- Amber Valletta, Erin Wasson and Angela Lindvall
UK- Karen Elson, Kate Moss and Stella Tennant

more to come later

Originally posted by saturnine@Sep 10 2004, 09:19 PM
I don't think you can really categorise models according to their country of origin - they're all unique, with different things to offer.

:heart:
[snapback]362813[/snapback]​

agreed. in a way, that's almost like saying "which state in the USA has the prettiest girls??" it's silly because so many times, people have parents who are all sorts of nationalities.

perhaps it should be "which ethnic background results in the prettiest models? brazillian, european, african, etc etc"

this topic seems silly and i'm not sure i understand the point...

this is tricky
hana from the czech republic
natalia v. from russia
gisele from brazil
angela lindvall from the states
i went for brazil though because it's sunnier :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waltermh