Blackheads

I think this thread needs to be more up to date...
Any recommended products please :D

I use Joey new york blackhead remover. I think it seems to make them bigger the next day but then they come out easier. I can't help it I am a squeezer.

I am a squeezer too. It's just so darned fun! Even if the ultimate result is destruction I just can't help myself..

I used to squeeze my blackheads out.. only causing my pores to become larger (temporarily)... but now i use a facial brush (while using my favorite exfoliant) and it works wonders on the blackheads. After about 2 weeks.. I usually just use a biore pore strip to get out any really deep dirt. My pores are much smaller now and I rarely see blackheads :D

Facial Brush from The Body Shop: $5.50

I use this one too and it's really good! I have to use it, because I'm a squeezer too! I just can't help myself. It sounds disgusting but seeing blackheads disappear is just so satisfying I can't stop myself from doing it. But I think this brush helps so I don't really get them to begin with. :D

And I also use a comedone spoon, which is really neat for getting them out

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't see it either, but I just assumed this is the one sasseestefanie meant. This is at least the one I use.:flower:

66xd179.jpg

thebodyshop.com

I'm going to buy one of those brushes too, because it seems I can't get rid of blackheads totally :(

I'm using Clinique's Pore Minimizer Serum now and I hope it works... Has anyone tried the mask from the same line? It's quite expensive compared to the serum and I want to know if it's worth it before buying it.

face brushes? i've never seen one before!!! how do u use one? are the bristles like a soft tooth brush??? or like softer?

I learnt from the girls at Vogue AU that 3-4 Panadols/Asprins grounded up and mixed with half a teaspoon of water, it will tighten your skin, brings up the gunk on your face to the surface and shrinks the pores.

Afterwards apply a nose strip and away you go. :smile:

I stopped using a facial brush on my face because I felt it was pulling at my skin too much. Because I have a bit of a problem with the old bacteria on my face I have to be careful about moving it around too much. That said, that bodybrush face brush works wonders on my lips and neck and it's also great for problem ingrown hair spots on my legs.

Ok I think I have got it
It's basically a few steps from Dr Denise's Secrets for Ageless Skin for cleaning the face

- gentle cleanse
- exfoliate (good amount of glycolic acid is key)
- toner

^i did this and noticed how everything was completely gone

there are a few more steps to 'finish off' the procedure such as light water-based serum and then lipid-based serum to seal moisture in

Exfoliants with bits in are really bad for your skin. My friend studies science, she told me they just cut the cells and cause more chance of infection. Which is what happens to my skin after i used them.

I have to say that I've been using a face brush for a couple of days and I see less blackheads in the forehead area. I can't believe it, but it's true. I guess it is because those ones are easier to access with the brush compared to the ones in the nose area.

Thank you for the tip, sasseestefanie, it seems it really works ^_^

Exfoliants with bits in are really bad for your skin. My friend studies science, she told me they just cut the cells and cause more chance of infection. Which is what happens to my skin after i used them.
I always hear the 'bits' or beads in the exfoliating cream/lotin/cleanser should be very small and not abrasive to the skin
I use one from ROC and it seems to be wonderful. And a fingertip amount of it is enough to cover your whole face

Yes, I agree with you, gius. And I think that it's really necessary to use an exfoliant, but a soft and not abrasive one.

Mine is from Biotherm, but I'll have to buy a new one soon. I'm thinking about Kanebo...

Electric Toothbrush = Clean Skin

So you thought an electric toothbrush can only clean the pearly whites?

Well then take a look at this cool microdermabrasion method for clearing up the skin.

You will never look at the electric toothbrush the same again!

Watch the video for a detailed walkthrough with this treatment.

How does this work?

Well basically, we all know the skin is the largest organ in the body and for that it needs constant care. Your skin is constantly shedding and the old layer of skin is being pushed away by the newer skin layer. Exfoliating the top most old layer of your skin "Stratum Corneum" helps the newer skin layer emerge and moisturizers other treatments becomes more effective. The stratum corneum mostly acts as a barrier between the outside world and the lower skin layers. It keeps all but the smallest molecules from getting through, so if we exfoliate it, then the products that you are using on your face will be more effective.

A blackhead is basically a plug in the pore made up of oil, dead cells and bacteria. If the skin pore remains open, the exposure to the air causes the plug to darken in color, this resulting in a blackhead. If the pore is closed, a whitehead forms because of the build up of white blood cells that attacks the bacteria in the plug. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]

Everyone has pores. Pores are inevitable and they are only visible if they have dirt and oil in them. Once they are stretched, it is pretty much impossible to close them unless you have laser treatments, but we can stop them from getting bigger and clear them. By that, exfoliating your skin to promote the newer skin layer to rejuvenate will help keep the pores clear. A clear pore looks smaller than a clogged pore.

Materials: I bought all this at a local drugstore.

SOFT BRUSH Electric Toothbrush

Make sure you test it on your hand to see if it is gentle enough. If it is not, use a pumice stone and run it over it to soften it. Plus it is very inexpensive, 7 bucks I paid for this one!

An exfoliating scrub of your choice. I have suggested.

Aspirin ( Check my Aspirin mask if you are not familiar with this)

Can't beat 99?

Or L'Oreal Power Buff Anti Roughness $10

Or Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System around $30 ?

Make sure your face has been washed, and take the exfoliating scrub of your choice and with the electric toothbrush, gently apply it and scrub your skin. The video will show you how I used it.

Apply toner on your skin

And moisturize. Be sure it has SPF.

YouTube's version of the video

Depending on your skin, if it is very sensitive I say use this treatment twice a week. I really hope this works for your folks.

~ Michelle Phan

www.xanga.com/RiceBunny

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->