Blog Design Technique & Tips

ok hmm..

When you go to Layout > Edit HTML
go to the spot that says #outer-wrapper , #main-wrapper, and #side-wrapper
play with those numbers till you get a fit you want
like 100px for the #side-wrapper (profile)
and maybe 500px for #main-wrapper

i think #outer-wrapper is the width for both main-wrapper and side-wrapper combined

wow. what did I get myself into.
much appreciated!

how come when i type my font style ( bold) italic) shows up in that same template ( <a>jdsks) ectect
when I first started out it would just put it into bold now it shows the codes

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think i saw this in this forum yet, but how can i make the header size larger on blogger? it's really annoying that it can only be 660px across...i've seen other blogs with it going across the whole page, but i don't know how to do that! i looked in my html for a header wrapper or for 660 near the header section for me to adjust, but there was nothing. i'd love some help! thanks!!

Right, go to 'edit html', look for this section:

---------------------------------------
/* Outer-Wrapper
----------------------------------------------- */
#outer-wrapper {
width: 890px;
margin:0 auto;
padding:10px;
text-align:$startSide;
font: $bodyfont;
}
#main-wrapper {
width: 420px;
margin-left: 25px;
float: $startSide;
word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */
overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */
}
#sidebar-wrapper {
width: 205px;
float: $endSide;
}
#newsidebar-wrapper {
width: 215px;
float: left;
}
----------------------------------------

The outer wrapper is the width of your blog.. as you can see, I've made mine 890px. Fiddle around with that, and you can also expand your sidebars too if you want.. copy and paste that over yours if you want to make it easier, but save your template just in case.

The section I just posted is basically the width of everything on my blog, as long as the main wrapper, and both sidebars add up to a sum no more then 890px, then it's fine.

If you only have one sidebar, you won't have the newsidebar bit.

Well this is somewhat relevant, but its for MySpace. I apologize if there is a MySpace thread, I didnt search for one, but codes are what I need, so I'm posting here to see if anyone can be of help. I want to hide on my myspace profile my friends and my comments...anyone know codes to do this? Thanks in advance. :blush:

can someone help me, i am trying to add a advertising space on my blog. how would i go about it?

if u are talking about google adsense, u need a google account first and sign up for the adsense account. and if you are on blogspot, your dashboard should have something called Monetize does it?

yeah it does, but i'm not sure how it works? could you explain a bit?

How do I make a link in a sentance? You know so you can just click on the word? Currently I can only get it to be like http://whateverwhateverblahblah.com and it jars the sentances a bit.

First select the text that should be a link, then press the link-button above (a green globe and a chain/link, just like here on tFS), it's the fifth button from the left. Then just enter the URL and press enter and tada!

Hmmm when I do that it will still only let me have the full address as a link rather than one word linking to a page.

Sorry no that does work, I was being wrong. Haha.

hey guys what is the general consensus on what domain to use for a blog? i see that most bloggers will use Blogspot.com or Typepad.com but i am having trouble deciding between the two. would be awesome if you guys could share what you like/don't like about each blog site. thanks so much in advance! :smile:

im not sure how typepad works, but i have worked with wordpress and i hated it so i moved to blogspot because it has much more tool to personalize your blog all free. wordpress wanted to charge me for everything, im so glad i changed.

Well, the no-doubt-about fact (ok, it's open for discussion, but generally) best blog service is wordpress on your own server. A server and a domain won't cost you more than a shirt at H&M and you get to customize your layou 100% - access to loaaads of themes and templates, plugins, support etc. You also get your own domain-name that makes you stand out and come across as more professional.

Hmmm when I do that it will still only let me have the full address as a link rather than one word linking to a page.

when you enter the <a href= lalalalal> YOU WRITE THE WORD HERE <lalal> thats it. you just need to put it between the > <.^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->