Burberry Beauty F/W 10.11 : Rosie, Lily Donaldson & Nina Porter by Mario Testino

*k.a.t.e*

Reaction score
The British fashion label has announced that it will be launching a 96-strong line of make-up from July this year.

Hot on the heels of Topshop’s make-up which launches next month, there is another – dare we say it – bigger beauty launch in our midst as the British fashion powerhouse Burberry announces it will launch a cosmetics line this summer.

“It all started because I felt that, at shows and the shoots, the whole [Burberry] attitude is epitomised through the shoes, the bags, the clothes, the accessories, but then the face was the one thing I really struggled with. When we were doing make-up, I felt like we weren’t able to get the right attitude. It was either caked-on make-up or then just the wrong colours, the wrong tones, the wrong spirit for make-up. I wanted it to be this kind of effortless elegance”, Christopher Bailey, Burberry’s chief creative officer told WWD.com.

And of course, Bailey’s inspiration was the classic and wearable trenchcoat and he wanted the make-up to convey the same easy attitude. “Like the trenchcoat, it can be worn anywhere and at any time,” he said. Unsurprisingly, the cosmetic’s packaging also borrows from the trench with beige cartons, and inner packaging etched with the iconic check design.

The line will include sheer foundation, blush, pressed powder, bronzer, liquid foundation, eye shadow, eyeliner, lip gloss, lipstick and mascara. The products will be a permanent fixture and the line will expand as and when.

“When we feel it needs a new pop of something, we will start adding things and that will all flow with fashion, as well,” added Bailey.

As for the campaign, it has a similar feel and look to the fashion house’s mainline adverts, which always include multiple faces (this season being Emma Watson, her brother Alex and One Night Only frontman George Craig). The beauty line-up features Lily Donaldson, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Nina Porter all sporting Burberry trenchcoats and shot by Mario Testino.

The line will launch exclusively into Harrods, as well as 29 other outlets around the world.

“Whereas other brands are screaming out for Hollywood glamour, Burberry Beauty has created a colour palette that is aspirational yet stunningly wearable,” said Annalise Quest, general merchandise manager for beauty at Harrods.

ELLE will be the first magazine to bring you images and reviews of all the Burberry make-up. You'll find it in the July issue of ELLE magazine out 2 June.

burberry01.jpg

Photo: WWD Article: Elle

Lily looks amazing from what i can see, can't wait for more :woot:

Ohh, THAT is going to be beautiful... can't wait for a bigger pic.

18ballentineburberrytma.jpg

Christopher Bailey’s accolades at Burberry are enough to make him blush — in five shades, to be precise. The designer’s latest project, Burberry Beauty, is a comprehensive collection of foundations, powders, bronzers, lipsticks and eye shadows that were inspired by the label’s classic trench coat and by the moody hues of the British climate. Two years in the making, the line pays homage to Mr. Bailey’s vision of a modern English rose. “The Burberry girl wears just a trace of makeup — no crazy eyes or crazy lips,” he says. “Makeup should enhance women, not just cover up what they perceive as flaws.” Of the sexy reflective checked packaging, he adds, “The idea was for the products to look and feel like things you really want to have in your bag.” The range will be available on Nordstrom.com starting Monday and on Burberry.com starting Friday.

Christopher Bailey on the Burberry Beauty campaign, photographed by Mario Testino:
When I started working on Burberry Beauty, I wanted it to be about more than just one person. So I decided that I should have at least three girls in the campaign. It’s something that hasn’t really been done very often in beauty. Usually, there’s one face and that’s the look, that’s the character. For the Burberry Beauty campaign, however, I chose three girls with three very distinct looks and personalities. In the ad, they are all wearing the same trench coat and the same makeup, so it was really about expressing and articulating these different characters — from sexy to sensual to rebellious — through these three English beauties.
nytimes.com

Im excited to see Lily and Rosie together. Can't wait to see the actual campaign. And it looks from the BTS pictures that the campaign will be made from still images lifted from the RED camera. Not so sure how I feel about that. It will definitely look great though.

Lily looks so gorgeous in the first shot! :wub::heart:

Not an amazing shot of it, but here's the first actual shot from the campaign:

My Snap

LILY!!!!, she looks amazing and i cannot wait to see some HQs

^ She really does! :crush: Thank you for the snap. :smile:

at first i thought Nina was one of those boys Bailey usually likes to cast for the Burberry campaigns.

Nina looks amazing. She reminds me of Vanessa Duve. I've never seen her before.
Great shot.

Lily & Rosie is a dream that came true! They both look stellar in this campaign! Good start!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->