Burberry Prorsum S/S 2007

melbguy

Reaction score
THE BURBERRY FAMILY TOGETHER AGAIN
spacer.gif
BURBERRY's latest ad campaign, due to debut in Vogue's February issue that will hit newsstands on Monday, has brought its extensive family of beautiful people together again. Led by Kate Moss and photographed by Mario Testino, it features regular Burberry model Stella Tennant, Sophie Dahl, Lily Donaldson and Georgia Frost as well as the next generation of rock-worthy gorgeousness: Jeremy Irons' son Max, Richard Branson's son Sam, Keith Richards' children Theodora, Alexandra and Marlon – with Marlon's wife Lucie de la Falaise – and Bryan Ferry's sons Otis and Isaac Ferry. British models Danny Beauchamp and Ben Jackson have joined the fold, too, while the British aristocracy is represented by Natalia Vodianova's husband Justin Portman and Jasset Ormsby Gore, son of Amanda Harlech. "The seductive and powerful imagery of Cecil Beaton's photographs were the starting point to this spring's silver advertising campaign," says Burberry's star creative director, Christopher Bailey. "Mario captured the essence of the collection, using all our renowned modern British faces, to create a portfolio of magical iconic shots." Said Mario: "At the show I found myself surrounded by mirrored check wallpaper. I immediately realised that Burberry has reached another stage in its history. Christopher Bailey has taken Burberry into a very modern dimension. It was crucial that the advertising campaign expressed this new energy. Talking to Christopher, we agreed that the look we wanted to achieve was a mix of Cecil Beaton imagery and the Sixties feeling in London, reinterpreted with the people and the vigour of today. The new swinging London." (January 4 2007, AM)

there are some every small pics as well but probably too small to post
see link http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/story/story.asp?stid=41406

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy that they are carrying on the theme of traditional English people..
I loved last season and these look even better :heart:

They look ok to me, just a little boring and boo for casting Richards sisters. :doh:

Burberry is just not very exciting to me...I loved the collection, but this ad...it's just the same as always.

loved Burberry very modern and very 60 i liked much the concept:flower:

a tad disappointed with the Burberry ads, same old same old...:innocent:

It does, but it's too small to be sure. Looks a bit like Lindvall for me also. :rofl: Very unoriginal, but it's pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh. Hope to see big versions soon. Fingers crossed that Georgia frost lives up to expectations

It can't be Karen Elson, she's not mentioned in the article.

Burberry looks cool to me but I have to see them in a larger version..I like the casting, very diverse.

kanita said:
It can't be Karen Elson, she's not mentioned in the article.

It must be either Theodora or Alexandra Richardson, my guess it's Theodora. I like the ads so far but I have to seem them in a bigger size

more from wwd...

Burberry is channeling the spirit of Cecil Beaton for its spring ad campaign, which is packed with British "It" kids — and once again features Kate Moss and Stella Tennant.

In the U.S., the men's and women's ad campaign will break Friday in the February issue of W magazine, a Condé Nast publication and sister title of WWD. It also will appear in Interview and Vogue. In Britain, it will run in Vogue, Tatler, Vanity Fair and Harper's Bazaar.

Burberry creative director Christopher Bailey said the black-and-white campaign, shot by Mario Testino in an East London studio, was inspired by Beaton's iconic images of artists, rock stars, royalty and aristocracy. The ads feature celebrity offspring including Max Irons; Sam Branson; Theodora, Alexandra and Marlon Richards; Jesse Wood, and Otis and Isaac Ferry. British aristos Justin Portman and Jasset Ormsby Gore, son of Lady Amanda Harlech, are also featured.

Other models include Sophie Dahl, Lily Donaldson, Georgia Frost and Lucie de la Falaise. The art director for the campaign was Fabien Baron, and it was styled by Camilla Nickerson.

"We wanted to create a feeling of opulence, which is why we created a silver Beaton-esque set," said Bailey. He added the company used cellophane, aluminum and silver bricks to give the set a certain glow.

Testino added the look seeks to balance the Beaton style with "the Sixties feeling in London, reinterpreted with the people and the vigor of today. The new swinging London."

So much blonde hair! :smile: I'm waiting to see them larger before I judge... I'm ready to see how Georgia does!

Yay at Lily being in the ads again, so pleased about that! Can't wait to see them in a larger size.

I like the ads, but the only good model is Lily

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->