Burberry Prorsum S/S 2007

ilaughead said:
Well, the concept is good, but why black and white!? The colors are a very important part of this collection, and should not have been taken out.

That's exactly what I was thinking, the colors Christopher used in this collection are amazing and a great part of the appeal of the clothes, at least to me. I can't believe they ignored such a important part of the collection.

I like the ads, but yep--definitely would love to see more color. :smile: Christopher's collection is so appealing this season, it'd stand out more.

Bored of Kate though... Even though she does look gorgeous.

It's all so icey nicey, love the concept!

It looks very Burberry, which is alright, but maybe it's time for something new?

Style guide ... Otis Ferry, left, Sam Branson, Kate Moss and Isaac Ferry / Burberry

from news.com.au

Attachments

• aaaaburberry.jpg
    aaaaburberry.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 60
Burberry S/S 07: 'The British led by Kate Moss' by Mario Testino

Burberry's latest ad campaign has brought its extensive family of beautiful people together again. Led by Kate Moss and photographed by Mario Testino, it features regular Burberry model Stella Tennant, Sophie Dahl, Lily Donaldson and Georgia Frost as well as the next generation of rock-worthy gorgeousness: Jeremy Irons' son Max, Richard Branson's son Sam, Keith Richards' children Theodora, Alexandra and Marlon – with Marlon's wife Lucie de la Falaise – and Bryan Ferry's sons Otis and Isaac Ferry. British models Danny Beauchamp and Ben Jackson have joined the fold, too, while the British aristocracy is represented by Natalia Vodianova's husband Justin Portman and Jasset Ormsby Gore, son of Amanda Harlech. "The seductive and powerful imagery of Cecil Beaton's photographs were the starting point to this spring's silver advertising campaign," says Burberry's star creative director, Christopher Bailey. "Mario captured the essence of the collection, using all our renowned modern British faces, to create a portfolio of magical iconic shots." Said Mario: "At the show I found myself surrounded by mirrored check wallpaper. I immediately realised that Burberry has reached another stage in its history. Christopher Bailey has taken Burberry into a very modern dimension. It was crucial that the advertising campaign expressed this new energy. Talking to Christopher, we agreed that the look we wanted to achieve was a mix of Cecil Beaton imagery and the Sixties feeling in London, reinterpreted with the people and the vigour of today. The new swinging London." (January 4 2007, AM)

Dolly Jones
vogue.co.uk

scanned by 1karina1

BurberryAdsSS07_B.jpg

vogue.co.uk

there was already a thread on this...
merged...

Burberry ads were always my favs and I like the new ones too!

b/w is maybe a bit boring but I can´t imagine them in colours either

Love everything about them...

Except Kate. She's so overused, and what with the recent 'issues' in her life, I'm really get sick of seeing her.

But, what can you do? The clothes and photos themselves are nice, and the other models look lovely. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->