Burberry Prorsum F/W 09.10 by Mario Testino

The campaign is very British, very Burberry... but very bland. Emma looks pretty and the campaign looks nice, but it really doesn't do anything for me.

Like so many others has written on this thred the collection was great. Why doesn't it show in this campaign? Maybe because of the recession, you better be safe than sorry.

*yawn*

The campaign is beautiful, but am I the only one who thinks Burberry campaigns could use a little diversity? I can't really remember any other model than a caucasian one in a Burberry campaign, while there are many beautiful British models who are not white. I know Burberry targets a certain demographic, but why not put Jourdan Dunn(British Model of the year!!) in a campaign? She'd look beautiful! I can't really understand why they haven't cast her yet, she may not be of nobility but neither are Agyness or Lily. Just a thought, but I hope they do opt for a model from another ethnicity in the future. Because I adore the brand, and their campaigns.

Great point!!!

What a mediocre way of presenting such an unusually impeccable collection.. Emma gives an entirely different mood than what the looks projected in the show, I can't complain so much about the scenery, it is exactly what I expect from Burberry, but the models deviate everything, they give it such a cheesy tone.. someone with stronger features or depth in the eyes would've been more suitable.. even Kaya Scodelario would've been better, and just as random and English..
Oh I so agree. Kaya would have been perfect for this!

how I wish Burberry would do something different in their campaigns. this is very boring. and Emma looks nothing like herself

I totally agree about Jourdan for Burberry. That would've been lovely and diverse! Emma needs to stop trying so hard with this high fashion bullsh!t because she can't pull it off. Same facial expression, same pose, boring clothes, boring model. This is almost as ridiculous as the ~rumors~ of Emma representing Chanel. Good lord after seeing this that would've been tragic.

One more from WWD.
burberrymens.jpg

wwd.com

From left: Nick Wilson, Douglas Booth, Charlie France, Tom Guiness-Taylor, ...

I don't know who's the last one :lol: He looks like an actor.

i like this shot very sexy ther last guy but i hate the first and Douglas look faat i think

The campaign is beautiful, but am I the only one who thinks Burberry campaigns could use a little diversity? I can't really remember any other model than a caucasian one in a Burberry campaign, while there are many beautiful British models who are not white. I know Burberry targets a certain demographic, but why not put Jourdan Dunn(British Model of the year!!) in a campaign? She'd look beautiful! I can't really understand why they haven't cast her yet, she may not be of nobility but neither are Agyness or Lily. Just a thought, but I hope they do opt for a model from another ethnicity in the future. Because I adore the brand, and their campaigns.

Maybe they just don't want Jourdan as a model in their campaign. It's like asking why didn't they use one of all the other models in the business right now. Having said that, I think one day they will use Jourdan.

That said I really like these. Emma looks great. I'd have liked to have seen more of London in the background though as opposed to a faint outline.

And those clothes (shirts on the guys and the trench on Emma) need a damn good iron! :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
i miss Alex Pettifyer in those Burberry ads lol. i guess it was an issue with Emma being his ex and all...

i just had a random thought in my head of burberry using daniel and rupert, heck the entire cast of harry potter, for this. lol.

anyways, the shot of the guys look good. im trying to imagine it in black and white, maybe it would look better?..

i'm agahst to say this....but i want Aggy, Lily, etc back!!!

and I am the furthest person from being a fan of Aggy. :doh:

worst burberry ad ever...looks like some boring trench coat catalog....:ninja:

Like the clothes. Don't like Harry Potter girl. Never thought she could be a fashion face. Just think she is HUGELY overrated (and airbrushed, as far as these photos are concerned). I don't know if it's my imagination or not, but on some pics she looks like Victoria Beckham...

Christopher should cast himself, he looks great in second to last shot in #93.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->