Burberry Prorsum F/W 09.10 by Mario Testino

I think Emma looks beautiful, but that's all the positive I can say about this. The mood, the look and particularly the light is all wrong for the collection. That lighting should have been cooler, gray, melancholic.

The ads take whatever beauty the runway show had and ignores it completely.

i didn't even realise that it was her :lol:

not a fan, last season's were better

hate the colours

First I thought,who's that girl? Emma Watson.Are you kidding me? :D She looks so diffrent,so not harry potter.But ad is still kinda boring.

It's not bad... That's all I can say.
I miss Testino's old days, when his photography used to be more natural... It's so airbrushed.

I think she looks totally herself, at her best :crush:

The problem is that the concept is dull dull dull...Testino's ads have been über boring lately, and what were they thinking to not show the beautiful dresses, blazers and accesories from that fantastic collection.

I don't mind Emma Watson. Whenever I see a Burberry ad I think it's a typical British brand, and Emma is a good choice even though she's a teen, she's not a typical teen star and she looks mature and pretty here.

My only problem is

WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This totaly lacks creativity, Mario Testino shot this??? it's boring boring boring.
Three people in front of a fence. come on...

All the Burberry boys look handsome... Keep them for the next season but change Emma to a model i would be happy.^_^
I love the Prorsum line, but this ad is so banal and on the other hand, dusty [the trenchcoats].

She look good and diferent she no like me but need say i like in the ads .Me i like about me expected black and white and me thiking are more boring about im expected i like and guys Testino noo ned go of Burberry, if all talk of Burberry now in the actuality is thanks to Testino dont forget.

I was wondering who was the female model in the ads until I read that's Emma, she does looks good because they transformed her into some other girl that ain't her. These ads are okay but i wished the models looked by real people.

I love her eyes!
And the campaign actually makes me want to buy the clothes.

I like this. Emma looks great, much better than I expected. She doesn't look like how they style her in the potter movies, but if you compare these photos to her candid photos she looks very much like herself.

I also think Emma is a good fit for Burberry. She's always wearing Burberry and attending their events, and Bailey basically loves her. I'm not surprised at all that she got a campaign. Also it would make more sense to use Emma than some other british star because she isn't in the fashion spotlight as much as other stars. Other celebrities would have been an obvious choice.

she looks damn pretty, she's growing rite now, from nerdy Granger to this beautiful girl. loves the mood for this campaign. :smile:

Burberry needs a change of photographer. Every season, regardless of how genius the collection is, Testino seems to make the clothes look mundane. Seeing Burberry campaigns is a completely underwhelming experience for me.

This is a failed concept for me. Whilst I don't necessarily hate Emma, I find her for Burberry a little perplexing. Emma is too young for this, especially given the aesthetic of this particular collection.

I thought the whole idea of the collection was "going back to [Burberry's] roots". Hence, I expected a casting tied to Burberry's heritage ie. Karen Elson, Kate Moss, Stella Tennant etc etc.
i agree 110% with everything you said. i don't get why burberry's ads have become so focused on young brits. the recent ones with agyness deyn, lily donaldson and sting's daughter (+ some other people i don't know) jumping in a studio were a terrible attempt to look cool. many brands have shown us that it's possible to make a campaign appealing to young and to grownups, and choosing a teen movie star as a model is definitely not how you do it. this is too 'little rich girl in her mother's trench coats' for my taste.

She looks pretty... And that's all. Yeah, it's boring and i don't like to see celebrities getting Ad campaigns. But they're markeable. And this is how it works, unfortunately...

This is way too boring.
The last beautiful campaign was Rosie's in fw08.

What a mediocre way of presenting such an unusually impeccable collection.. Emma gives an entirely different mood than what the looks projected in the show, I can't complain so much about the scenery, it is exactly what I expect from Burberry, but the models deviate everything, they give it such a cheesy tone.. someone with stronger features or depth in the eyes would've been more suitable.. even Kaya Scodelario would've been better, and just as random and English..

love Emma. always did. had a crush on her since i first saw the poster of the first HP movie :lol: (we're talking about an underaged kid having a crush on another underaged kid here, no pedo stuff :P)

and yeah, she looks so different in the first pic!!! but i'd take her over Laura Hollins any day.

btw, are we sure this is for Prorsum? it could just as well be Burberry London, no?

There's not much change in Emma's expression throughout the different pictures, but nevertheless, she looks lovely I think the makeup looks good on her. She also looks comfortable instead of trying to force an expression on her face which is out of place. :smile:I like her in the beige trenchcoat, but the dark brown trench coat looks a bit too mature for her! There's not much excitement eminating from the pictures; its got a very polished high end feel to it, but it's Burberry, so that's to be expected right? :P

The campaign is beautiful, but am I the only one who thinks Burberry campaigns could use a little diversity? I can't really remember any other model than a caucasian one in a Burberry campaign, while there are many beautiful British models who are not white. I know Burberry targets a certain demographic, but why not put Jourdan Dunn(British Model of the year!!) in a campaign? She'd look beautiful! I can't really understand why they haven't cast her yet, she may not be of nobility but neither are Agyness or Lily. Just a thought, but I hope they do opt for a model from another ethnicity in the future. Because I adore the brand, and their campaigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->