Burberry Prorsum S/S 2009 by Mario Testino

very fresh feeling,,it's a great difference compares to before!

i dont dislike it but the bad airbrushing makes them all look like the sims :unsure:

and im more than tired of lily :yuk:

lily d has exactly the same expression in every picture. i'm starting to think she's as versatile as agyness!

The behind the scenes shots are better than the actual campaign

they could have done SO much better with this
and they didn't
they really, really could have made this a beautiful campaign

not bad

but the only problem for me is that Lily has been making the SAME face and expression in every shot, boring:yuk:

I think that Lily would look so much better with she wasn't over airbrushed.

After seeing those behind the scenes shots, I have to say they photoshopped the campaign's saturation way too much.

It's so YELLOW, it almost looks like jaundice!! :lol: :innocent:

• Creative Director Christopher Bailey
  • Photographer Mario Testino
  • Hair Orlando Pita
  • Make-up Linda Cantello

British cast:
· Lily Donaldson Model
· Eden Clarke Model
· Alexina Graham Model
· Emily Hope Photographer
· Alex Pettyfer Actor
· George Craig Musician
· Sam Beeton Musician
· Richard Wyndham Model

Shoot location
· Richmond-Upon-Thames, England

• For Spring Summer 2009, Burberry is re-enforcing it’s rich heritage which is rooted in the British outdoors and outerwear - outerwear being the starting point of all collections, as well as being one of the brand’s core competencies
  • The series of images, shot in colour, are all anchored in outerwear and innovations of the iconic Burberry check including the new black and white check inspired by the Burberry The Beat fragrances
  • Newly expanded categories of denim and sport for men and women also feature in the campaign as well as Burberry accessories for women including The Gardener Bag, introduced this season, and pieces from the jewellery and shoe collections
  • Burberry Spring Summer 2009 advertising campaign breaks in key publications worldwide in February issues
  • All shots as well as behind the scenes video footage from the shoot will be available to view on www.burberry.com from January 2009
  • Burberry, which was founded in 1856, is listed on the London stock exchange and is headquartered in London
  • source: Burberry PR

I never really paid attention to Emily Hope before (does she still model or mainly focusing on photography?), but my eyes were instantly drawn to her in those first ads, she outshines Lily.

“I wanted the mood to be gentle, relaxed, romantic and about a quiet, beautiful sense of luxury,” said Bailey.
Without the lovely greenery, this would be terrible. Stiff and tense rather than relaxed. Why are they just standing there? So awkward. Creating a romantic, languid atmosphere should be a piece of cake given the amazing setting, but I'm not feeling it at all. Failure.

1. it's an interesting concept
2. better than last season's
3. lily looks perfect
4. lily steals the show
5. lily is burberry

my thoughts exactly.
and i need to own the coat lily wears in the third picture. :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member