Burberry Prorsum F/W 07.08 by Mario Testino

MissMagAddict

Reaction score
Burberry's Bandwagon
Agyness & Lily join top UK acts for fall ad campaign

Friday, June 15, 2007

(LONDON) Burberry’s advertising campaigns have become as much the tipping point for the next generation of talent as showcases for its upcoming collections. For fall, the house is melding the worlds of modelling and music in high-fashion harmony, with British models Agyness Deyn, Lily Donaldson, Kiera Gormley, Morwenna Lytton Cobbold, and Georgia Frost featured in a slew of striking images alongside members of some of England’s hottest new acts, including The Paddingtons, who are about to embark on a tour with Pete Doherty’s band, Babyshambles. Rounding out the cast are singer/songwriters Patrick Wolf and Edward Larrikin, The View band members Jonny Epstein and Kieran Webster, and Brit male models Finnian Smith and Rob Hughes.
“The British medieval mood of the show was the starting point to this campaign, where our British models, Agyness, Lily, Kiera, and Georgia, meet today’s young talented British musicians against a backdrop of an iconic argyle and Prorsum horse motif wallpaper,” commented Christopher Bailey, Burberry’s creative director.
Absent from the campaign is Kate Moss, perhaps Burberry’s most famous face to date, though Bailey noted that the supermodel remains a member of the Burberry family.
The bold, black and white images were photographed by Mario Testino in London, on a set inspired by an English townhouse. Breaking in key publications worldwide in August, the images reflect Bailey’s tougher fall/winter collection, inspired by the Burberry logo: a knight on a charger. The medieval-themed clothes and accessories include metal-studded trench coats, dresses, and shirts, as well as patent leather thigh-high boots and gauntlets. As with seasons past, the newest “must-have” from the Burberry Icons Collection is the Knight bag, a studded, slouchy leather tote worn by Deyn in the campaign, that will retail for approximately $3,152.

553485949_b174fa0463.jpg

553485889_7381317816.jpg

553485815_b8e8724195.jpg

source: fashionweekdaily

The View :shock: oh my. Thanks for not posting those ones :kiss::lol:

I'm barely ever impressed with Burberry's ads. Love the clothes, but the ads are just..bland.

The extremely dark color scheme certainly fits the collection!

I kind of like it...not sure on the casting...but thanks MissMag :woot:

It's the same old, tired concept. Testino's work is just tasteless and tacky.

Love the casting, however :heart:
Thanks MMA :flower:

This is one of the dullest ad campaigns I've ever seen.
Agyness looks ridiculous in the 2nd picture.

Bleh. I'm happy they cast Kiera again, though, she's perfect for this collection!

booooooooooring....
this was the coolest burberry collection in years and the ad campaigns look like they were done 3 years ago...
i'm over the british thing with them...

Agyness is the best part of this campaign. Well, that and the absence of Kate Moss!

the boys look great...really cool ..
so why do the girls look like rejects from an old gucci ad...???...

:(...
the umbrella idea really isn't working here...:ermm:...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of the dullest ad campaigns I've ever seen.
Agyness looks ridiculous in the 2nd picture.

Have you not seen Donna Karan with Catherine McNeil and Testino?:innocent:
Yeah, but Burberry is getting repetitive with a hint of nationalism...:unsure:

Patrick Wolf!! I loved the collection and I love these ads! :woot:

They're ok. Nothing special. I'm sort of getting sick of the black & whiteness of the ad campaigns - Gemma's Burberry campaign was one of the best ever imo.

Agyness's hair looks weird - me no like :lol:

I like agyness but why is she doing the coca rocha can't close my mouth stuff. I never like burberry ads so this doesn't surprize me I don't like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->