Chanel 2007-2008 New Bags

candicec said:
Dear Lily girl,

I got the first bag for my 23rd b-day, and the jacket, my mom just gave in and bought me. The tweed bag on the other hand...I bought that myself..she doesn't know about it yet...she would kill me ..'cause I've bought three major purchases at Chanel all within a 4-week period. My Chanel saleslady loves me though...:rolleyes: :woot:

As she should! You have made some really great, classic purchases, congrats!

Wow! That tweed jacket is gorgeous!!:heart: :heart: :heart: You made an excellent choice. Now you are making me want to go out and get the same one. I must resist though... :cry:

candicec said:
oooh Vintage Princess..I know the purse you are talking about! I saw it in my local Chanel store as well!! It is gorgeous in person!!

I don't know where I will wear my white jacket to! Honestly, it will probably sit in my closet a while until I find a worthy event! When I was in Taiwan, I had a lot of premieres and shows and stuff to go to....but now..in my boring hometown of Katy, Texas..my glamorous life is gone.. : (

I would think this jacket would be good for a wedding..too bad it's white though..Ah..the dilemma...(someone invite me to a smashing party so that I can wear it!) :smile:

candicec

your life sounds so glamorous ^_^ I think I want to get a tweed 2.55 now its such a classic :heart:

pucci_mama said:
Some information.

Chanel on Sloane street, will get some more of the Chanel 2.55 in the limited edition red.

If anyone is interested. :flower:
What kind of red is the limited Ed? is it like the one shown by Chiangsi?

But when i asked my SA in my local store, she said it is not a limited Ed, just a normal one. Therefore I am just wondering if the red is different in London. Like the "London Bus Red".

Btw, Do you know the colour code of Limited Ed?

Many thanks...

There was an article in UK Elle March 2005 which described the Red 2.55 as "Limited Edition", with only 800 units to be produced, and in London the colour is commonly known as "London Red". Also the Red was meant to commemorate the 2.55's 50th birthday.

On the "Limited Edition" issue, my Chanel SAs, outside of London, have informed that the Red is not really "Limited Edition" per se but is a colour unique to the current Spring-Summer season. I guess this is Chanel's marketing strategy for differentiation of/in international markets i.e. different stories for/in different countries?!?!?!!! :rolleyes:

The Red seems to be a lot more popular and in demand in London than in Singapore or Malaysia. There were no waiting lists at all. My S'porean SA was actually encouraging me to go for the Coral 2.55 rather than the Red. My M'sian SA informed that they brought in only 4 of the bags. When I got mine, KL had one more available while S'pore had a few more left (one of which belongs to chiangsi now :clap: ) In London, I was informed that the waiting list for the Red was so long that they had to end it earlier than expected i.e. way before the bag hit the shelves....so.....different demands in different countries, eh??? :P

OHhh.... thanks sooo much for the details... I still don't know whether i should get one or not... the colour is sooo beautiful!!! Love it.

baghag21 said:
There was an article in UK Elle March 2005 which described the Red 2.55 as "Limited Edition", with only 800 units to be produced, and in London the colour is commonly known as "London Red". Also the Red was meant to commemorate the 2.55's 50th birthday.

On the "Limited Edition" issue, my Chanel SAs, outside of London, have informed that the Red is not really "Limited Edition" per se but is a colour unique to the current Spring-Summer season. I guess this is Chanel's marketing strategy for differentiation of/in international markets i.e. different stories for/in different countries?!?!?!!! :rolleyes:

The Red seems to be a lot more popular and in demand in London than in Singapore or Malaysia. There were no waiting lists at all. My S'porean SA was actually encouraging me to go for the Coral 2.55 rather than the Red. My M'sian SA informed that they brought in only 4 of the bags. When I got mine, KL had one more available while S'pore had a few more left (one of which belongs to chiangsi now :clap: ) In London, I was informed that the waiting list for the Red was so long that they had to end it earlier than expected i.e. way before the bag hit the shelves....so.....different demands in different countries, eh??? :P

ooooh!! I saw the coral lambskin 2.55 bag at Neiman Marcus as well.....so beautiful!!!:rolleyes:

My pleasure!!!! ^_^

Perhaps, you can start the purchase decision by considering the colour itself. The Red colour, as shown in the mag and in the Daria ad, is not as bright as the real thing! Although I was quite surprised at how [Red Red Red it was when I 1st saw the actual bag, the Silver hardware brought down the brightness a tad bit.

Another consideration would be the type of leather you would prefer i.e. lamb skin or caviar. The Red is in lamb skin.

For those who prefer accessories to perfectly match their outfits (versus the other genre of mismatched colours-but-somehow-perfectly-coordinated accessories & outfits), the bag will be fabulous with tan/camel coloured outfits. Red goes fantastically well with tan/camel. Then, of course there's the omnipresent, never-wrong black outfits and the who-can-go-wrong-with jeans outfits! :D

All that said, I'm a sucker for any 2.55... :blush: It is hard to go wrong with any 2.55, even if you require sunglasses (a Chanel, no less... :lol: ) to view the bag comfortably!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: But seriously, you may have to see the actual bag itself to know if you really like it... ^_^ ...Good luck & have fun!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the bag in the store. As you have said, it doesn't look that bright in real. I am a Hermes kind of person, don't know if chanel will be too much for me...

thanks for your advice.

Baghag...I definitely couldn't have put it better myself! :flower:

Karma points!!!

^^ Thats a cute Chanel bag..I like the large logo, even though some people will say its tacky. I saw soemone with that bag in the Chanel store and I thought it was a clutch. Its cute.^_^

It think its a really fun bag. I think the point of the huge cc's and shiney patent leather is that it is almost kitsche, fun, crazy, youthful.

I call it my "Jem" purse. Remember Jem and the Holograms anyone?!

oh my, your 2.55s are all so gorgeous!!!!
i dont know what my chanel bag is called-- essentially it has the same body as the 2.55 but has 1 hard handle on top (tube like) instead of all chains and leather... anyone??

:blush: jem... jemmm...is truly outrageous, truly truly truly outrageous ... :lol::innocent:
rhiannonmars said:
It think its a really fun bag. I think the point of the huge cc's and shiney patent leather is that it is almost kitsche, fun, crazy, youthful.

I call it my "Jem" purse. Remember Jem and the Holograms anyone?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robert0199
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->