Chanel 2007-2008 New Bags

This is quite pretty
Chanel36.jpg

gingeroo77- I just spent the last few minuites comparing the image from that ebay auction and that of a totaly authentic bag. Take a look.

What I noticed with the real thing is that every line in the font is thick, equal in girth for each line in each letter. The font is clearly printed with no bleeding.

With the fake, I see that lines in the A, E and L are thinner for some strokes.

Here is pics of the real deal.

Guidestamp1b.jpeg

Images from
http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=burberry_princess

vintage_princess said:
You are right - that picture is a fake, the bag's qulting looks too wrong. I hope no one falls for those fakes.

I think alot of people have fallen for it. If you look at the past auctions, she must have sold about 6-8 bags for around US$800 to US$900 and most of the feedback from buyers were positive ! The other thing to note is that the Chanel logo on the flap looks wrong in the fake vs the pic that rhianomars had posted.

I also often wonder if there is ebay feedback groups, where everyone just bids on other peoples items to shill and win just to leave good feedback. If there is such a thing, I'd like to find them and have them reported!!

So.. does anyone have any info at all of this bag??

Of the Chanel ladies here what would be your guess of the retail price?? i am trying to convince my BF of buying it for my birthday.^_^

But, I need a ca. price like, I am clueless.:unsure:

Attachments

• 04f.jpg
    04f.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 792
pucci_mama said:
So.. does anyone have any info at all of this bag??

Of the Chanel ladies here what would be your guess of the retail price?? i am trying to convince my BF of buying it for my birthday.^_^

But, I need a ca. price like, I am clueless.:unsure:

I can find out for you in two weeks at the trunk show I will attend. My guess, maybe $2000 give or take $600. I am just thinking if it is as large as the Cambon large bag with all the pockets, then it will maybe price as high as that. I think that was a $2600 bag. (or more?!)

Thank you sooo much, please let me know! :heart:

Maybe you can sneak in and take a pic!!!!:woot: :woot:

karma points!:flower:

rhiannonmars said:
what do yall think of these? i saw them at NM this wknd. my mom just got another chanel bag, its gorgeous! the sa said they just got them in today. ill get the pics up as soon as i feel like uploading em lol.

m4ryb3ar said:
what do yall think of these? i saw them at NM this wknd. my mom just got another chanel bag, its gorgeous! the sa said they just got them in today. ill get the pics up as soon as i feel like uploading em lol.

I like the first bag a little. I think Chanel has done better fabric prints though than this.

I've seen a Chanel bag similar to that fabric print a few weeks ago, and it had a little charm hanging from it made out of fabric as well. Its kinda hard to explain. ^_^

so who is getting the reissued 2.55? I don't see how I can resist. according to Bazaar it comes in black and gold, white and silver, and grey and ruthenium. Bazaar also says it comes in 8 sizes -- does anyone know what they are?

LilyGirl said:
so who is getting the reissued 2.55? I don't see how I can resist. according to Bazaar it comes in black and gold, white and silver, and grey and ruthenium. Bazaar also says it comes in 8 sizes -- does anyone know what they are?

I was dead set on it at first, but now I think it looks a little flat and boring. I will have to see it in person to see what it fits. I don't know about you, but I like my CC's on the clasp. This purse will not have them. I REALLY like that it is destressed leather. That is chic! That is really what makes me want it. It looks so antique in black. Maybe if it comes in a smaller size I might consider. I just think it is hyped up for what it is, (old style 2.55), hype that doesnt equal it's looks. I think price will be a key factor for me. I'm not going to buy into something over $1600 just for what it is. I am interested in what the handles look like exactly. I am not sure what hammered chain looks like.

Ranting more.. but... I think the purse looks nice with dresses or interesting fabric as on the runway. Half of my life I spend in jeans, and it might be to formal for jeans?! On the other hand, the distressed look might work well. Oi! So many decisions!!

One thing I have been thinking though is that Karl is getting OLD! (isn't he 70+?) I personally am pretty impressed with him. He has been working around Chanel since **17**. I really think he knows what he is doing. I really don't know what the state of Chanel will be when/if he passes. Something like this is an icon of Chanel, something that won't come around for another 50 years, or at least 25. Honestly though, if it randomly came out on a 50 year anniversary, would people be interesting in it as much? Smart marketing is all I can say!

I'm pretty set on this bag in beige now. It makes me drool! I really can't afford to buy bags just for the sake of what they are. They need to make my heart pitter patter, which this one does!!!

Chanel36.jpg

I saw the beige bag in tweed and it is quite cute and the gussets make it much roomier than the 2.55.

vintage_princess said:
I've seen a Chanel bag similar to that fabric print a few weeks ago, and it had a little charm hanging from it made out of fabric as well. Its kinda hard to explain. ^_^

Was it like this?

76_1.JPG

I think that second purse is really cute. Again, I was stupid and didn't watch this last season close. (I've been buying a bedroom set and saving for a new car!) The fabric is printed to look like tweed, but is not. It's really youthful, 80's, colorful and cute! It has a clover charm on it. Fun! I like little tokens of good luck. There was one on ebay last week that sold for $1300, down from $1600 retail. I debated on that purse. If I had endless $$ I would have purchased it.

LilyGirl said:
I saw the beige bag in tweed and it is quite cute and the gussets make it much roomier than the 2.55.

I'm going to have a heart attack if that purse is available already. I'd almost rather have it waitlisted for a couple months so I can afford it. Well, at least I have credit cards. :o:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iabsolvejordan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->