Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 09 Paris

It's kind of refreshing and unexpected to see a Dior couture collection that isn't overly extravagant, but these pieces themselves, with a few exceptions, actually look rather outdated.

It's beautiful, the details are stunning and it's certainly a bit more interesting than Dior has been, but let's face it, these are the same shapes we've been seeing, just done in different colors with different embroideries and a different reference as the starting point.

Even the reference point, Dutch Masters and Baroque painting is something he's touched on a few times in the last 4 years. But the thing with these recent Dior collections that's so disappointing is that Galliano just isn't doing anything interesting with his references anymore. He doesn't blend a bunch of disparate elements together to get an amazingly creative end result, and that really was what made John so incredible.

.... John and Steven ....
:ninja:
:innocent:

^ I don't really buy that though, that John was only good because of Steven, because the S/S HC collection was designed before he died and even though it was beautiful, it wasn't an original or strange mix of influences, it was just Geishas, Origami and Dior's New Look.

please do not quote images. thank you.

getty

This looks like painted china:
8+BERGDORFS+BLUE+AND+WHITE.jpg

http://parisbreakfasts.blogspot.com/2008/09/painting-blue-and-white.html

:D

I love this collection!:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really am pretty sure it's Delft ware...the difference is that the Dutch starting copying the Chinese by using windmills, tulips, Dutch flaura and fauna instead what you would see on a Chinese vase or whatever.

Zeeuws Velinghuis.nl

:shock: this is fantastic. Although I preferred last seasons. The heels are mind blowing as usual from Dior. Natasha looks FIERCE! Just incredible!
I'm looking forward to seeing the whole collection.

^ I agree, Mr Dale. The dress Alexander Tretter wore looked like it was a Chinese pattern to me at first because of the border, but on Natasha's dress you can definitely see that they're tulips.

It is the same formula from last season but done in a more dramatic way maybe, the opening number is extremely similar to last season´s opening one, but I kind of knew it would be like that, i would love to see the collection in motion and let us hope Jeremy did a good job.

From what I see I think it will grow on me.

I had a DEJA VU sensation seeing that collection. And I'm gonna tell you all why it is. I have been a INCREDIBLY HUGE fan of Dior since i was 12 years old and i have been following all the history and designs of the house including the dior-ferre-ysl-marc bohan- period. Now we are in a financial crisis and this has been reflected in that show in the use of FABRICS. PLEASE look at almost all of th fabrics. They are from PAST seasons, including some embroideries...The white gown where you can see the interior embroidered with kinda porcelain paint embroidery from spring 2005(the josephine empress-inspired part), some pink duchesse satin from origami collection, many from versailles show(look at the colours), many from past season(used in addition to the repetition of the same shapes), and some more...maybe I'm wrong but that deja vu sensation will never get out of my mind with this colection.

I like the silhouettes and some new cuts but it will never be as over-the-top as the Dior 2003-2007 period....The best ever rembered shows of the brand...

Thank you for taking the time to read this ^_^

And if u want to enter the Dior fanclub, then welcome :lol:

I love most of this :heart: The make up is much better than it used to be in the last few seasons and I like the fact that he used white the most. Very beautiful, and a nice cast :smile:

I really like it, mainly the dress Bruna is wearing it's beautiful at the bottom.

apimages

Attachments

• AP090126013367.jpg
    AP090126013367.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 11
  • AP090126013573.jpg
    AP090126013573.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 12
  • AP090126013581.jpg
    AP090126013581.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 5
  • AP090126013458.jpg
    AP090126013458.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 12
  • AP090126013441.jpg
    AP090126013441.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 12
I looove the dress Bruna is wearing. Very artistic and I love the layered fabrics.
Overall I like the collection, it definitely has some artistic appeal to it with a resemblance to painted porcelain and pottery and those hats are lovely.

^Cavalli's was just trashy!
There seems to be a touch of elegance and class for this collection...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"