Concealer

Originally posted by MissPurple@Jan 18th, 2004 - 8:29 pm
I've never used a concealer that I can say I truly truly loved.
Can anybody please recommend an undereye concealer that:
-provides medium to full coverage
-is non drying
-does not cake or crease
-does not make circles look grayish
-is easy to use
:blush:

Cle de Peau........

or, for a more sensibly priced alternative you could try Makeup Forever's Pan Stick. It's a stick foundation, but it has really intense coverage that will more than likely cover up your dark circles.

Originally posted by brian+Jan 22nd, 2004 - 6:31 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ Jan 22nd, 2004 - 6:31 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-MissPurple@Jan 18th, 2004 - 8:29 pm
-is non drying
-does not cake or crease
-is easy to use

Cle de Peau........

or, for a more sensibly priced alternative you could try Makeup Forever's Pan Stick. It's a stick foundation, but it has really intense coverage that will more than likely cover up your dark circles. [/b][/quote]
thanks!
but I think stick foundation would be too drying for me. I have dry eye area and stick ones don't even go on smoothly on my undereye :wacko:

Originally posted by MissPurple+Jan 22nd, 2004 - 7:37 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MissPurple @ Jan 22nd, 2004 - 7:37 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by brian@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 6:31 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-MissPurple
@Jan 18th, 2004 - 8:29 pm
-is non drying
-does not cake or crease
-is easy to use

thanks  :flower:

Cle de Peau........

or, for a more sensibly priced alternative you could try Makeup Forever's Pan Stick. It's a stick foundation, but it has really intense coverage that will more than likely cover up your dark circles.
thanks!
but I think stick foundation would be too drying for me. I have dry eye area and stick ones don't even go on smoothly on my undereye :wacko: [/b][/quote]
Oh, okay.
I automatically assumed you had combination or oily skin, as that's what most people have.

It should go on pretty smooth if you apply moisturizer or an eye cream first though!

Definitely try Cle de Peau's concealer, though. Even though it is really expensive it really is worth it. One stick of it should last 2+ years, and won't go bad for way longer than that.

Originally posted by brian+Jan 23rd, 2004 - 1:43 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ Jan 23rd, 2004 - 1:43 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by MissPurple@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 7:37 pm
Originally posted by brian@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 6:31 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-MissPurple
@Jan 18th, 2004 - 8:29 pm
-is non drying
-does not cake or crease
-is easy to use

thanks  :flower:

Cle de Peau........

thanks!
but I think stick foundation would be too drying for me. I have dry eye area and stick ones don't even go on smoothly on my undereye :wacko:
Oh, okay.
I automatically assumed you had combination or oily skin, as that's what most people have.

It should go on pretty smooth if you apply moisturizer or an eye cream first though!

Definitely try Cle de Peau's concealer, though. Even though it is really expensive it really is worth it. One stick of it should last 2+ years, and won't go bad for way longer than that. [/b][/quote]
hehe, I'll look around and see if I'll end up with Cle de Peau, Bobbi Brown, or Dior.

Ummm... I have tried Cl de Peau, and I have to say that I wasn't impressed by it... It was an OK concealer, but not good enough for fireworks and certainly not a Eureka product, IMHO...

Sofia

I love Shiseido's foundation-concealer compact. It's creamy smooth and feels nice, not greasy, sticky, or gunky. It's such a nice texture, like a silky foundation and it smells nice like roses)

Hello, I am a guy and looking for a good concealer, my skin is dark so I am looking for one that matches well. I want one that doesn't smear much. I used Maybeline 3 in 1 and it smears and gets oily after a while. I even hear it causes breakouts. So looking for a good concealer that doesn't cause breakouts and stays on well. Any help is welcomed. I also have a question which do i use first, concealer, moisturizer, and then sunscreen or in another sequence. Thanks.

Originally posted by luckycardslady@Jul 17 2004, 08:34 PM
Hello, I am a guy and looking for a good concealer, my skin is dark so I am looking for one that matches well. I want one that doesn't smear much. I used Maybeline 3 in 1 and it smears and gets oily after a while. I even hear it causes breakouts. So looking for a good concealer that doesn't cause breakouts and stays on well. Any help is welcomed. I also have a question which do i use first, concealer, moisturizer, and then sunscreen or in another sequence. Thanks.
[snapback]312751[/snapback]​

Ok dude, Maybeline is crap. Im sorry, I always suggest on spending good money on foundation, concealer, and skincare, colours, you can get anywhere... but a good foundation, that blends and stays on, has to be good quality :wink:

I suggest Secret Camouflage from Laura Mercier, I don't know how dark your skin is, and Laura doesnt have a big variety, but MAC has good quality products, and a huge variety of colours... :wink: I can't think well rigth now, but I suggest you to check on a MAC counter :innocent:

BTW, about your other question, this is the suggested order, IMO

Sunscreen or moisturizer first, you might find one moisturizer with a good sunscreen, so you can kill two birds with one stone... then concealer...I also forgot to suggest you, that you might want to get a translucid loose powder, to set your concealer in place, so it doesnt crease or go all over the place.... :wink:

Another forum member (PradaP) suggested Yves St Laurent Anti-Cernes Concealer, and I do absolutely love it. I have extremely fair skin though - and I'm not sure how wide their colour range is - so maybe pop past the counter at your nearest store and see if any of the colours match your skin tone.

I agree with Ale too, stay away from brands like Maybelline :wink:

Originally posted by Belowen@Jul 18 2004, 01:32 AM
Another forum member (PradaP) suggested Yves St Laurent Anti-Cernes Concealer, and I do absolutely love it. I have extremely fair skin though - and I'm not sure how wide their colour range is - so maybe pop past the counter at your nearest store and see if any of the colours match your skin tone.

Yup, I love this one too (obviously :P )

There are 3 shades available (limited I know), #1 is suited for fair skintones, #2 for fair-medium and #3 for medium-dark. (#2 is a perfect match for me so I have no complaints)

What I like most about this concealer that it's great as not only an under eye but also a blemish concealer (a lot of other concealers only perform one, not the other). Comes packaged in a gorgeous gold lippie packaging, cream texture which you can simply dot on and blend. Is non cakey and stays the day.

Otherwise you can try Laura Merciers Secret Camouflage or Secret Concealer (one's better for blemishes while the other is better for dark circles) or Dior's Hydrating Concealer :smile:

As far as the order goes, I'd go Moisturizer (wait about 10mins to absorb), sunscreen (wait another 10mins to absorb) and finally concealer. But like Ale says, if you can find a decent moisturizer which contains broad spectrum SPF (at least 15), then you'll save a lot of time

:blink: I am soo confused with all this makeup stuff, so how exactly are you suppose to put this stuff on and what is foundation? I am very very lost, i need instructions! lol, I am new to all this makeup stuff, just need to cover my blemishes and some pimples so must not clog pores or cause breakouts! I sounds like a straight dude turning gay for the very first time with makeup! lol. thanks ya. o yeah super afraid to go to some counter. :wacko: :unsure:

Originally posted by luckycardslady@Jul 18 2004, 09:03 PM
:blink: I am soo confused with all this makeup stuff, so how exactly are you suppose to put this stuff on and what is foundation? I am very very lost, i need instructions! lol, I am new to all this makeup stuff, just need to cover my blemishes and some pimples so must not clog pores or cause breakouts! I sounds like a straight dude turning gay for the very first time with makeup! lol. thanks ya. o yeah super afraid to go to some counter. :wacko: :unsure:
[snapback]313251[/snapback]​

I personally use this Chanel item, and it has worked well.
pGLSCNLF-752979r200.jpg

If you have an applicator of that nature dab some onto the top of your hand, and spread it evenly. Then take some onto your finger, and pat it, not stroke it, onto the areas where you want. Make sure it is evenly distributed.

If you want a truly complete look also buy a high quality foundation, and an application brush. The provided pads tend to be better for a touch up. Also a finely milled bronzer to give an overall more natural feel.

But I suggest not covering up any active pimples, only scars, etc. Good skin leads to good makeup.

Foundation is a milled tinted powder that is used as a finishing touch to hide lines, and other small details. Also when one goes to "powder one's nose" that is what is used.

pGLSCNLF-753012r200.jpg

I use this Chanel item.

Perhaps if you're not comfortable with all these different products you should just start with the concealer, and if you need more - you can work your way up. Don't be afraid to approach the different counters, the people there are nearly always super friendly - and they will know the right tricks to help out your situation :wink:

I'm using Dior Skinflash and so far, its been working very good
its not only for under the eyes, but its for everywhere, you can put it on for example when you've cut yourself while shaving or when you got biten by a mosquito in the face. It really works wonders, i've tried once to apply it only on one half of my face, and while one half looked like dead, the other one was rosy and shiny......

My gosh, i sound like something, :lol:

Yeah the Dior Skinflash is like their version of YSL's Touche Eclat... I haven't tried it yet :(

LuckyCards, for things like this, you just need a friend like me to drag you around the MAC counter or something :lol:

Originally posted by Alejandro+Jul 19 2004, 10:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alejandro @ Jul 19 2004, 10:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah the Dior Skinflash is like their version of YSL's Touche Eclat... I haven't tried it yet :(

LuckyCards, for things like this, you just need a friend like me to drag you around the MAC counter or something :lol:
[snapback]313414[/snapback]​
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Street_a_Licious
@Jul 20 2004, 12:18 PM
Ale, the problem is that friends like you are hard to get!
[snapback]313610[/snapback]​
[/quote]

i agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->