Concealer

Yes they do, they launched a make up/skin care range some years ago, you can find it at the Prada stores and some department stores. Most items come in monodoses.
Photo courtesy of Strawberrynet
08606424802.jpg

Although I swear by Lancome Effacernes, I was at Sephora yesterday and put on Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer (001) to retouch my make up while waiting for a friend. I also tried Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen and I loved them both!

Has anyone else tried them? Is Dior highlighting pen better than Touche Eclat or the one by Lancome?

Dior-skinflash.jpg

insidedivorce.com

215PEA09K2L._SL160_AA160_.jpg

amazon.com

3714259772053.jpg

boscovs.com

P247347_hero.jpg

sephora.com

ysl-touche-eclat.jpg

prettylooking.com

Last edited by a moderator:
oh wow ive gotta check out prada's concealor..

is it colorstay though?

whats the difference between a 'highlighter' & 'concealer'?

^A highlighter has nothing to do with concealer. It doesn't cover anything up, it enhances whatever part of the face you put it on. These concealer pens are not for covering up blemishes - who wants light-reflecting pigment on their zits? :blink: They photograph really badly as well.

A concealer is supposed to blend seamlessly into your skin and cover whatever imperfections you may have, be it impurities or dark circles. It should always match the colour of your skin.

I use a product thats marketed as a highlighter for my under eye area...this is probably a stupid thing to do but it really works well for me. Granted, my crircles are not very dark and the product isn't extremely shimmery like some highlighters but I dunno...it works for me.

^That's because your circles aren't very dark, you could probably make do with foundation anyway :flower:

^Typically the cheekbones, the bridge of the nose, the brow bone, cupid's bow...

Currently my favorite is Maybelline's Mineral Power Concealer. Definitely worth the buy.

I have a Bing Concealer. But I use Maybelline's Mineral Powder Foundation and that works well to cover bad spots too.

Maybelline's Dream Mousse Concealer is extraordinarily easy to apply to cover redness around the nose and mouth, but it's staying power isn't that great. It's perfect though if you're rushing out of the house to run a quick errand.

Lately I've been using Benefit's Stay Don't Stray as an undereye concealer over a bit of Neutrogena Pure & Free Spf 60 sunblock stick. Lasts the whole day, even through my super-oily skin :P ick

I'm going to have to look into Maybelline's Mineral Power Concealer!

Benefit's Ooh La Lift is great under the eyes. Much better than YSL Touche Eclat.

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit
I've the one in Porcelain. It is not bad, I like it.

http://www.garnier.co.uk/_en/_gb/our_products/products_trade.aspx?tpcode=OUR_PRODUCTS^PRD_SKINCARE^CAFFEINE_SKIN^CAFFEINE_SKIN_BENEFITS

Garnier's eye freshening product is fantastic

i recently ran out of concealor and had to quickly buy one - i tried etude.
its actually pretty good. long lasting too.

Did a little tut on covering dark circles :smile:

bobbibrown.jpg
bobbibrown1m.jpg
bobbibrown2.jpg
bobbibrown3.jpg

1. My horrible dark circles. I prepped with Clarins Eye Contour Gel, takes away some of the puffiness. Notice how purple my dark circles and inner corners are.
2. I apply Bobbi Brown corrector ONLY where it's needed - where the purple colour stands out the most. There's no point in applying it all over my under-eye area. The less product you use, the better. You're gonna blend it out anyway.
3. Lightly blend the corrector into your skin. You can either use your pinky finger :smile:D) to gently press the product into your skin or use your concealer brush of choice to tap/buff the product into your skin. Notice how the purple colour is gone, but I'm still slightly dark under the eyes.
4. Apply a small amount of concealer (also Bobbi Brown) where you're still slightly dark and pat it into the corrector. I basically apply the concealer where I applied the corrector. Very important: Set with powder using a fluffy blush! The powder that comes with the concealer is really good IMO. Lightly dab the powder, we don't want to mess up the product we just spent 5 mins applying...:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->