Costume Institute Gala 2012 : Schiaparelli & Prada : Impossible Conversations

Lights, Camera, Action: Watch the Met Gala Red Carpet Live

While it has been historically the hottest and most impossible-to-attain ticket in town, the Costume Institute Benefit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art will be a little more accessible to you because for the first time the red carpet will be live streamed online on Monday, May 7, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m EST. The once-a-year event, which will be hosted by Elettra Wiedemann and Vogue’s William Norwich, will feature live interviews with the gala cochairs, including Carey Mulligan, Miuccia Prada, and Anna Wintour as well as with celebrities from the worlds of fashion, film, sports, business, and society (think Gisele and Tom, Rihanna, and Sarah Jessica Parker) as they make their way into the museum to tour this year’s sure-to-be-another-blockbuster exhibition, “Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations.” For those looking to take a more active part in the festivities, Wiedemann and Norwich will be taking questions from Twitter (#metquestions) for the attending guests and offer an inside look at getting ready for the big night on the Celebs on Facebook page (www.facebook.com/celebs). And, as always, once the night begins, only Vogue.com will be offering up-to-the-minute coverage and pictures from inside the “Party of the Year.”

The livestream will be available on Vogue.com, Amazon.com/Fashion, and metmuseum.org/metgala.
vogue.com

I visited the amazon clothing store and turns out you can watch it ffrom there live

So glad it's finally being streamed. I always love to see the celebrities talking about what they wear and hey, it's always better to see the dresses in motion rather than refreshing gettyimages every 10 seconds.

There's also a short film on LOVE magazine's website, of Adriana Lima for the Book, which is styled by Katie Grand.

Miucca Prada is micromanaging this year's Met Ball down to the very last detail, according the the New York Post. From the invite list and alcohol (Italian prosecco, of course) to the location of the after-party, all is said to require the designer's OK.

Additionally, Prada is reportedly very strict about who will be wearing the designer's pieces at the event, since the brand "has a particular type.” And that type does not appear to include model and Gala vet Coco Rocha. According to the Post, Rocha will walk the red carpet with her husband James Conran in a vintage Givenchy dress she bought a few months ago. "This is actually the first time I've ever worn something that wasn't fitted by the designer himself," she told the paper. The up side? "I did take the vintage Givenchy piece to my friend Zac Posen and to Vogue and they all agreed that it fits perfectly, no need for tailoring!"
racked

Huh? They're not fitting Coco Rocha? Considering she walked the F/W 12.13 Show for Miu Miu (And we haven't seen her do Prada or Miu Miu for some time) But why am I not surprised? She was always a Zac Posen girl for quite some time, this Givenchy piece sounds interesting though, I'd really like to know who Miuccia is fitting for the Gala, no more 12 year old actresses please!

Plus-Ones: Who’ll Be Arm-In-Arm At The Met On Monday

May 4, 2012 11:21 am

Last night’s model-packed dinner for Balmain’s Olivier Rousteing reminded you of what you already knew: The world is in town for Monday’s Met gala. Rousteing had flown in from Paris for the occasion, as had his fellow designer Anthony Vaccarello, also in attendance. And so, too, had some of the runway’s top models, who are fitting the gala in between their hectic shooting schedules. So who’s going with whom?

Rousteing revealed that he’s taking Joan Smalls as his date, though he couldn’t say what she’d been wearing: He made four dresses, and Joan will make her own pick. Vaccarello is taking Anja Rubik, who closed his Fall ‘12 show. Constance Jablonski, who spent dinner tête-à-tête with Kasia Struss, will be with Haider Ackermann. And Karlie Kloss, fresh from shooting in Bahia, will accompany Jason Wu. “He comes up to about my waist,” the Amazonian model said with a laugh. “But it’s his own fault. He picks the shoes!”

In other Met news, Roland Mouret will bring Doutzen Kroes, and Chanel will bring Gaspard Ulliel, the French actor who is the face of its Bleu de Chanel fragrance. Nordstrom’s table, hosted by Pete Nordstrom and Jeffrey Kalinsky, will seat several of the nights heavy hitters: Alexander Wang with Azealia Banks; Erdem Moralioglu with Arizona Muse; Rachel Zoe with Karolina Kurkova and Zoe’s husband Rodger Berman; and Thakoon Panichgul with Christina Ricci.

style.com

Quite surprised to know Anja will be wearing Vaccarello...she usually wears Pucci for red carpet moments

I pre-ordered my copy of the book from Amazon and it arrived this morning, earlier than expected.

It's smaller than I imagined, especially in comparison with last years McQueen : Savage Beauty, it's hardback... I really love the styling by Katie Grand with a variety of models (some surprising, and some not so) Kati Nescher, Adriana Lima, Daphne Groeneveld and Kate Upton, at the beginning of the book there are 9 photographs by David Sims (with Meghan Collison).

The collection of Photography regarding Elsa Schiaparelli is archival from numerous publications.

meghan.jpg

*modemodels.blogspot

Thank you so much for sharing the images ChanelCouture09! :smile:

i can't remember what happened the past few years --- there's an entirely separate thread that gets started up in "Star Style" for all the red carpet photos, right? very exciting!!! can't wait to see how everyone interprets the theme into their outfits.

For the exhibition they have made miniature wedges from S/S 12' (retailing at $30) and Pouches and Make-up bags in famous prints from seasons past (retailing for $335).

Some shots of the exhibition.

*Jimshi809/Twitter

More pictures of the shoe ornament, I'm contemplating ordering one myself :lol:.

*Metmuseum.org

*kegrand/twitter

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->